Official Dekalb Co. 09 football schedule

TigerPride23

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D1 i know you know a lot about DC i was wondering how many passing yards poteete had his freshman sophomore and junior year.. i think he had 1,646 sophomore year but im not sure about freshman and junior year

Freshman Year; See note below

Sophmore Year 07'; (1,646 yards) Poteete had 1,646 yards on 206 attempts. He completed 114 passes for an average of 14.4 yards per completion, with a 55.3 completion percentage.

Junior Year 08'; (2,775 Yards) Poteete completed 177-of-320 attempts for 2,775 yards with 37 touchdowns. He carried the ball 202 times for 892 yards with 9 touchdowns.

Scout.com had his Career stats (prior to '09 season)as this: 4,680 yards passing and 49 touchdowns; rushing 1,370 yards and 14 touchdowns. So you can do some adding and subtracting to get his Freshman numbers.

Does the junior year include the playoffs. i was just wondering where he was ranking in the all time career pass leaders. i believe the record is over 10,000 yards

The running Tigers Win 35-28, Defense comes up big in 4th quarter.

Over 250 yards rushing for the passing Tigers.

Poteete 2 TD rushing, 1 TD passing. Edwards 1 TD receiving, Weatherby 2 TD rushing. Great game, and as expected it was decided in the 4th quarter. Great game.

Yeah, but where's the Defense.

Listen, I've seen just about all these kids play growing up, and I know what they're capable of.

How can you have an offense that good and a defense that bad if you're using alot of the same players.

Scheme and assignments sound like the problem to me.

I'm going to guess he had 200 Passing and 150 Rushing, but that is a total guess since I really didn't keep up with it that close. The running game was working so well that we really didn't pass much. (I would say less than 25 attempts...which for us is "not much"!) The Rookie Senior Tyler Weatherby looked very fast. I heard he runs a 4.4 40 and can bench a Mack Truck. He sure did look fast. We need him to balance the offense and he probably had about 100 Yards rushing on 10 - 15 carries. I didnt see him play much Defense. We sorely need more playmakers on Defense. I don't understand how we can have so much speed on Offense and none on Defense when it is pretty much the same players!

I could be totally off on these stats since I was paying more attention to the game, the line of scrimmage, tackling, etc. Honestly, we should have won by 2 or 3 TDs, the pick 6 rioght before the half was a 14 point swing. Poteete could have easily ran that one in, I think he just forced it...feeling a bit invincible. It may have been a "good" thing that he was reminded that he can't make EVERY throw imaginable. (He did make an awesome throw in the 3rd Quarter. He was running full speed to his left and threw to his left down the sideline (about 40 Yds on a rope) where Edwards caught it and was pushed out at the 1 or 2 YD line. After 3 and a half years starting at QB, he continues to amaze me with some his throws.)

Tigers Win 35-28 against Oneida

Recap

1st Qtr. - DeKalb 7 - Oneida 7

Halftime - DeKalb 14 - Oneida 21

3rd Qtr. - DeKalb 28 - Oneida 28

Final - DeKalb 35 - Oneida 28

1st Quarter

Oneida first possession results in 3 and out, two plays resulting in tackles for loss. DeKalb first possession a 10 play 75 yard drive, ending with a Poteete 3 yard TD run(7-0). Oneida second posession has a 60 yard kickoff return to DC 29. 5 plays later Oneida scores on a 16 yard TD run (7-7).

2nd Quarter

DeKalb has several big plays on their second possession, (23 yard pass to Johnson, 11 yard Poteete Run, 25 Poteete Run, 8 yard Weatherby rush TD), (14-7). Oneida third possession had a 48 yard rush to inside of DC 5 yard line. Scored on next play (14-14). DC third possession 3 and out. Oneida fourth possession, 4 plays and punt. DC fourth possession included a (18 yard Poteete run, 17 yard Weatherby run, 14 yard pass to Edwards, and 15 yard Poteete run), DC had ball on Oneida 4 yard line with 15 seconds left before the half. Poteete is intercepted and returned for a 100 yard interception return for TD by Oneida(14-21). :D Oneida only led the last 15 seconds of first half.

3rd Quarter

DeKalb gets ball to start 2nd half, after going to locker room on a bad note the Tigers start 2nd half with a 11 play 75 yard drive resulting in a Weatherby 1 yard run (21-21). Oneida first possession of 2nd half results in their QB being sacked and fumbles, DC recovers and starts possession on Oneida's 39 yard line. Two plays later (36 pass to Edwards, 3 yard Poteete TD run) DC scores (28-21). Oneida second possession of 2nd half results in a 45 yard TD run (28-28).

4th Quarter

DC next possession includes big plays (30 yard pass to Johnson, 15 yard Poteete run, 28 yard TD pass to Edwards), (35-28). Oneida next possession, moves ball inside DC 10 yard line on 10+ play drive, but held on 4th down. DC is 3 and out on next possession and forced to punt from inside 10. Oneida starts final possession on DC 45 yard line with well over 2 minutes left in game. In my opinion Oneida panics, they had plenty of time and had ran the ball pretty successfully all night, but Oneida passes on 4 straight plays and possession ends on downs. :motorbike: DC kneels on ball and ends the game.

Poteete around 200 yards rushing 2 TD, 150 passing 1 TD. Edwards over 100 yards receiving 1 TD. Weatherby 2 TD rushing.

Something I was thinking about tonight....

We were never a passing school before Poteete came along. One of my buddies was at the game tonight and he hadn't been to many games lately and he was amazed with our Spread Offense. For instance, we were up by only a TD with 6 minutes to go in the game and had the ball on our own 10 YD line. What do we do? We come out with our typical 5 WR spread formation (the whole posesssion!). I have just gotten so used to it over the past couple of years with this team that I forget sometimes how rare that is at the High School level! (Especially with the game on the line and deep in your own territory!) I can't remember NOT lining up with at least 4 Wide Outs, and many times we are in the 5 WR set.

D1 i know you know a lot about DC i was wondering how many passing yards poteete had his freshman sophomore and junior year.. i think he had 1,646 sophomore year but im not sure about freshman and junior year

Freshman Year; See note below

Sophmore Year 07'; (1,646 yards) Poteete had 1,646 yards on 206 attempts. He completed 114 passes for an average of 14.4 yards per completion, with a 55.3 completion percentage.

Junior Year 08'; (2,775 Yards) Poteete completed 177-of-320 attempts for 2,775 yards with 37 touchdowns. He carried the ball 202 times for 892 yards with 9 touchdowns.

Scout.com had his Career stats (prior to '09 season)as this: 4,680 yards passing and 49 touchdowns; rushing 1,370 yards and 14 touchdowns. So you can do some adding and subtracting to get his Freshman numbers.

Does the junior year include the playoffs. i was just wondering where he was ranking in the all time career pass leaders. i believe the record is over 10,000 yards

Yea almost certain that includes the playoffs. I know he already owns alot of the DCHS records, but safe to say he is not going to make it to 10,000 passing yards. Would be interesting though to see the all-time passing stats in Tennessee, I am sure there are some ridiculous numbers on that list.