How will Polk look this upcoming season?

Coach J

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with pumping ourselves up. All I know is Polk will not beat the Da Bears, no way, no how. I don't care how much "Mojo" you bring, it will not be enough to overcome the pure size and numbers that will be brought to the table. Sure, it will be close in the beginning, but when it comes down to the 4 fingers in the air the chant of "Scoreboard! Scoreboard!" will fill the air. Sorry about your luck but it ain't going to be pretty. Bears will win by no less than 2 td's. REMEMBER THIS POST, STORE IT IN THE ARCHIVES, AND PULL IT UP AND READ IT COME AUGUST 22ND!!! SEE, I TOLD YOU!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

gotcha, "pumping ourselves up" Coach J is not from Bradley

Polk will need improved play from their QB if they look to compete next year.

I think you will see a more mature QB this year. He will have a year's experience. He was only a sophmore last year,

and I think all the sophmores that had key roles last year will come out ready to play.

• 2 weeks later...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA slow down and hush up, honestly rarely do I get this worked up about a post... But this one just plain ticked me off..

I don't care how slow HOW little any Polk County team is... I'll put the moon an the stars on Polk

1. Ball control, they will pound you til you can't take it... 3 yards ?? Who gives a darn, they'll take it be happy, it'll make ya mad, your kids will get frustrated. Why, cause they don't play teams like this...

2. They know how to win.

3. Bend but don't break Defense... I don't care how many athletes you have... I've watch the fastest teams in the state run into that sea of red and get eaten up

4. COACHING COACHING COACHING COACHING COACHING COACHING COACHING... which in turn really trumps anything you Bears bring to the table.

You talk about the competition Polk plays.. But hey... How about Bradley decides to PLAY COMPETITIVE, in that region...

Your wins last year came from 3 seperate Oppenants who went 1-9.... roughly the teams you beat went a combined 9-31(Walker Valleys @ 6 wins)

2 of which i know WERE not good football teams at all.. Willy B and Heritage couldn't have beaten polk last year...

haha@ NUMBERS... Last time I checked... They run 11 Kids on Defense and 11 Different kids on offense...

IF this was game 9-10 of the season.. I Would honestly have Bradley a couple points, they do play some tougher schools Farragut, Mcminn, etc... But you guys are no more competitive than most schools from polks region would be against some of those guys .. The experience would help you...

Nice, coming from a grundy player. Get off the mountain more often and watch some real football. If you think size and speed does'nt matter, well maybe you need to try another sport. No need to get defensive, just be realistic. Polk played three good teams last year, {Central, Howard and playoffs} and lost all three. Every other win was against bad teams, in a weak region. Yes we have struggled recently but to compare schedules, get a clue. We have been a average team in a tough region. Your last paragraph sums up my point. You have to bring it every week in our region, that can't be said for your region. Did you see Willy B and Heritage play, not bad teams just in a tough region. If we are so bad why is Polk using us to upgrade their schedule? Not to get you worked up again but what team has Polk played that is "the fastest team in the state"?

Nice, coming from a grundy player. Get off the mountain more often and watch some real football. If you think size and speed does'nt matter, well maybe you need to try another sport. No need to get defensive, just be realistic. Polk played three good teams last year, {Central, Howard and playoffs} and lost all three. Every other win was against bad teams, in a weak region. Yes we have struggled recently but to compare schedules, get a clue. We have been a average team in a tough region. Your last paragraph sums up my point. You have to bring it every week in our region, that can't be said for your region. Did you see Willy B and Heritage play, not bad teams just in a tough region. If we are so bad why is Polk using us to upgrade their schedule? Not to get you worked up again but what team has Polk played that is "the fastest team in the state"?

The reason polk is playing tougher teams this year is because thats how coach davis likes it. in spring ball polk never plays a weaker team of before the preseason. coach davis likes the tougher teams makes his players better and work harder. bradley will have their hands full come the first week of the season its going to be a good game. i'm looking forward to this years team they got alot of heart and alot of returning starters and players that saw alot of playing time and sophmores. GO POLK

The reason polk is playing tougher teams this year is because thats how coach davis likes it. in spring ball polk never plays a weaker team of before the preseason. coach davis likes the tougher teams makes his players better and work harder. bradley will have their hands full come the first week of the season its going to be a good game. i'm looking forward to this years team they got alot of heart and alot of returning starters and players that saw alot of playing time and sophmores. GO POLK

Agreed

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Ha, I play college football chump get on my level. Watch some real football ? I didnt know you guys even HAD A FOOTBALL team in Bradley County, until I met Joel Moody. While YES speed and size does mean alot... But I watch the most disicplined team in the state with no real barn burners no real awesomely quick guys, No one with a raw amount of size, win week in week out.

I speak from experience.. My friend, everyone who's EVER played a Polk Co. Football team knows, thats 48 mins of everything they've got.

Howard high School my man, one of the fastest teams in the state.

And while my last paragraph may have summed up your point... Your Region schedule is going to do nothing for you this year, last year maybe, but Anyone who knows FOOTBALL, knows Game 1 is GAME 1 , its anybody's to take.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Ha, I play college football chump get on my level. Watch some real football ? I didnt know you guys even HAD A FOOTBALL team in Bradley County, until I met Joel Moody. While YES speed and size does mean alot... But I watch the most disicplined team in the state with no real barn burners no real awesomely quick guys, No one with a raw amount of size, win week in week out.

I speak from experience.. My friend, everyone who's EVER played a Polk Co. Football team knows, thats 48 mins of everything they've got.

Howard high School my man, one of the fastest teams in the state.

And while my last paragraph may have summed up your point... Your Region schedule is going to do nothing for you this year, last year maybe, but Anyone who knows FOOTBALL, knows Game 1 is GAME 1 , its anybody's to take.

Sorry to rub you wrong, no need to get personnel with immature name calling. You know that really hurts. When you grow up you will realize people will have different opinions than you, thats what makes good conversation. I thought the whole idea was to play all out for 48 minutes, and I'm sure Polk does. My entire point is there is a huge difference between 3A and 5A, thats why they have classifications. Can you honestly say week after week your region is as tough as our region? Howard, average speed for 5A. I seen them play last year, more of a power team. I believe McMinn Central had more overall speed. I never said our region schedule was going to help us, I said it was a tough schedule with no weak teams. I played a little college football in my day so I can speak of some real football.

Sorry to rub you wrong, no need to get personnel with immature name calling. You know that really hurts. When you grow up you will realize people will have different opinions than you, thats what makes good conversation. I thought the whole idea was to play all out for 48 minutes, and I'm sure Polk does. My entire point is there is a huge difference between 3A and 5A, thats why they have classifications. Can you honestly say week after week your region is as tough as our region? Howard, average speed for 5A. I seen them play last year, more of a power team. I believe McMinn Central had more overall speed. I never said our region schedule was going to help us, I said it was a tough schedule with no weak teams. I played a little college football in my day so I can speak of some real football.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hold on now... If me and you were having this conversation face to face, you can bet I said everything, with a smile... I'm not trying to call names... Just something me an my teammates say to one another to get each others attention.

Avg speed for a 5a team ? Ya thats about right..Considering they have about a couple hundred kid's less. Just to let you know Grundy used to play 5-a, 4-a footballs teams... You guys put your pads on just like we do;),

No I'm not trying to say week after week our region is tougher. I'm saying I don't think you guy's have been the least bit competitive in yours yet. Which is why polk county has the advantage in this game. There a competitive football team, and can play with the BEST of them.

How much is a little /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />?