Karns

balleret

Will Karns do anything at all for 09? I here they are making some changes with coaches, maybe they are hiring a newstaff anyone know?

I felt like Karns was heading in the right direction to turn their program around last season. I know you probably couldnt tell it by their overall record, but i felt like Karns was competitive in alot of games at least for about 3 or 3 1/2 quarters. I dont know how many kids you lost to graduation, but i think Karns is in the process of turning things around finally.....but their district isnt going to get any easier this year. Good luck & God Bless!

Will Karns do anything at all for 09? I here they are making some changes with coaches, maybe they are hiring a newstaff anyone know?

What a great question. If you know what can get this program jump started please post it as soon as possible. The freshman coach is gone and several other assistants are expected to lose their teaching positions due to Knox County budget reductions. There are less than 10 returning seniors and the upcoming junior class was reduced significantly by the opening of Hardin Valley. In the bible story about Gideon, God reduced Gideon's odds of success notably by taking away stuff. This was designed to cause Gideon to become more dependent on God for success. Since He's never lost a game in His life, this just might be the idea that turns the corner. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What a great question. If you know what can get this program jump started please post it as soon as possible. The freshman coach is gone and several other assistants are expected to lose their teaching positions due to Knox County budget reductions. There are less than 10 returning seniors and the upcoming junior class was reduced significantly by the opening of Hardin Valley. In the bible story about Gideon, God reduced Gideon's odds of success notably by taking away stuff. This was designed to cause Gideon to become more dependent on God for success. Since He's never lost a game in His life, this just might be the idea that turns the corner. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I hope the program can get turned around, team lost alot of guys and the news about the coaches has not been good as well. Do you know how many coaches have left or are leaving. I heard that the freshman coach is going tohardin valley? I also heard that maybe 2 to 4 coaches are leaving for one reason or another. Good luck to Karns in 09 and I hope things get better.

I hope the program can get turned around, team lost alot of guys and the news about the coaches has not been good as well. Do you know how many coaches have left or are leaving. I heard that the freshman coach is going tohardin valley? I also heard that maybe 2 to 4 coaches are leaving for one reason or another. Good luck to Karns in 09 and I hope things get better.

Unless something's changed I believe the freshman coach went to Catholic to be closer to his son who will be a freshman there next year. I believe two teacher/assistant coaches may be affected by county budget reductions. There's some talent coming up from last year's freshmen but there are a limited number of upperclassmen with much Friday night playing experience as last year's team included 30+ seniors. It's really way past time for something good to happen to Karns. Hope this can be the year.

Unless something's changed I believe the freshman coach went to Catholic to be closer to his son who will be a freshman there next year. I believe two teacher/assistant coaches may be affected by county budget reductions. There's some talent coming up from last year's freshmen but there are a limited number of upperclassmen with much Friday night playing experience as last year's team included 30+ seniors. It's really way past time for something good to happen to Karns. Hope this can be the year.

that is correct, was told that the freshman coach almost went to Catholic last year but was waiting on his son to make a decision on where he wanted to attend high school. Was he a teacher? was told that he is a pretty good guy as well as the other two that Karns is losing. it seems that 09 will be a tuff year young players,new district,and a reduced coaching staff.

that is correct, was told that the freshman coach almost went to Catholic last year but was waiting on his son to make a decision on where he wanted to attend high school. Was he a teacher? was told that he is a pretty good guy as well as the other two that Karns is losing. it seems that 09 will be a tuff year young players,new district,and a reduced coaching staff.

He may have done other things as well, but the freshman coach was in the car business. I'd assume the head coaching change at Catholic could possibly affect his future. I haven't been paying attention for that many years, but I've never seen anything but "tuff years" for Karns football. I don't know what it will take to turn things around but it's definitely time. They really need for some of the younger guys to step up. Bowden is a senior quarterback who's already been a starter for two years. The offense put up decent numbers last year but the defense let quite a few games get away late in the 4th qtr. Only way to go is up!

I spoke to a friend today that said he was told that the Karns Freshman coach will be going to Harden Valley if he is not retained at Catholic. He said the guy was hired by Catholic coach and he was disappointed about the whole thing. maybe he will go back to Karns.

He may have done other things as well, but the freshman coach was in the car business. I'd assume the head coaching change at Catholic could possibly affect his future. I haven't been paying attention for that many years, but I've never seen anything but "tuff years" for Karns football. I don't know what it will take to turn things around but it's definitely time. They really need for some of the younger guys to step up. Bowden is a senior quarterback who's already been a starter for two years. The offense put up decent numbers last year but the defense let quite a few games get away late in the 4th qtr. Only way to go is up!

I believe the freshman coach owns a couple of business including a car business, he was not a teacher at Karns. We all hope for better times but, topraymore2, you said the off. put up decent numbers and had some success,but def. let them dowm so we take the Def Cord. and move him to Off. Cord... must be some logic in there somewhere, wait we are talking about Karns.

I believe the freshman coach owns a couple of business including a car business, he was not a teacher at Karns. We all hope for better times but, topraymore2, you said the off. put up decent numbers and had some success,but def. let them dowm so we take the Def Cord. and move him to Off. Cord... must be some logic in there somewhere, wait we are talking about Karns.

I wasn't aware of the coaching change you mention. I realize that Karns football has long been an easy target for any stone, rock, pebble that's thrown, and that the longer things go without turning around the tougher it will get. But I'm hoping that people who are close to the program as you seem to be will acknowledge that the hand we have is what we'll probably have to play this time around so maybe everyone should all try to pull together as much as possible - at least until the 1st bonehead on-field call comes forth. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I wasn't aware of the coaching change you mention. I realize that Karns football has long been an easy target for any stone, rock, pebble that's thrown, and that the longer things go without turning around the tougher it will get. But I'm hoping that people who are close to the program as you seem to be will acknowledge that the hand we have is what we'll probably have to play this time around so maybe everyone should all try to pull together as much as possible - at least until the 1st bonehead on-field call comes forth. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

thats where the mistake is made, the calls on the field just highlightthe the thigs that are done in practice. I wish the team all the luck in the world and hope they can turn things around not trying to put false information out there but, after two years of the type of inconsistent play that has been on the field you kind of lose hope that its going to be any different when you make the type of change like I replied earlier.

thats where the mistake is made, the calls on the field just highlightthe the thigs that are done in practice. I wish the team all the luck in the world and hope they can turn things around not trying to put false information out there but, after two years of the type of inconsistent play that has been on the field you kind of lose hope that its going to be any different when you make the type of change like I replied earlier.

Balleret, i think you are right on. this topic would have 100+ replies if it was any other school, no one really as input on how to make it better its been bad so long. maybe us Karns faithful will see a winning season before the school closes, or maybe when we move to 2-A. this wil be the first year that my dad an I don't buy season tickets, maybe that will bring some luck.