Oakland @ Lincoln County

jabbo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think anyone can blame this problem entirely on the coaching staff. although i do believe their is some room for improvement, your players have to want to work their hardest to further their team. there are some kids on this team who do try to play that way. and jabbo..... im curious do you have a kid on the falcon team? im guessing not. but those of us who do, cant wait till next season, some of these kids actually have enough talent to take it to the next level. we could all turn a blind eye i guess but, when your kids future is at stake i dont hardly see how you can do that.

Good coaches will not put up with players not doing what they are taught and there are players on the team. that are not following blocks and hitting the holes. They should be yanked from the game and benched. that does not and will not happen if you are a senior and are the son of one the POPULAR people. Bench their tails and put the best players on the field. I feel like a coach would rather have eleven players that will do as coached, instead of eleven individuals doing what they want to. By the the way before it comes up I don't had a player on the team and have never had anyone play for the Falcons. I am just tired of seeing this once proud program fall to the depths of the 6A ranks.

My son is a senior and on the Falcon football team, and is not the son of one of the POPULAR people. My son is at all the practices, camps, everything, and this year he may have played so far 5 mins. He seems to be good enough through the week to swap out every other play in practice with one that starts but on Friday nites but my son doesn't get playing time. I know he's not the best, but I do know that he gives is it 110% no doubt. I have been at way too many practices, and games. I don't know where exactly the blame lies, and he will not speak negatively about the coaches or the other players, he just wants to play and have fun. One thing I do know however, is whether he is playing on that field on Friday nite or standing on the side lines, he is there at 110%. I know that the time he spends at practice is time not on the computer, not playing video games, and not out getting into trouble. But, as a parent I can see that some of the kids on this team should have their rear ends kicked for some of the things that I have heard them say to the coaches, whether they heard it or not, to the other teammates, and some even to their parents. As a parent if my child acted as I have seen some of the other players have acted the coach would not have to worry about benching his tail, I would do it personally. These kids today do not know how to respect others, I don't know if we as a society have become so used to it by now that maybe the coaches and other players just let it roll off their backs, or if the kids have that much "power" that everyone is afraid to say or do anything to little Johnny. I do know that Coach Thompson is a good coach, some on his staff could use a little help, but there again, sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Wow I cannot believe LC folks are taking shots at Coach Thompson... the man is a LEGEND! Guess the same thing happened back a few years ago when Penn State fans were complaining about Joe Paterno, they were sure right about him weren't they? :thumb:

Yes he WAS is the key word but not no more, time has passed nim by and he is not the first one and won't be the last coach this has happened to. His biggest problem is player discipline, to many players doing what they want. If a player will not follow rules, and Im not to sure this staff has any rules - KICK HIM OFF THE TEAM. Another problem is the assistants, not sure if they don't know any better or they dont want to step on the head coaches toes. Coaches wake up and take charge of the team and play the players that are giving 110%, get rid of the trouble makers no matter whose son they are.

I had one of those sons who name wasn't popular as well. He worked his butt off at every practice and did whatever he was told. He was told by Coach T that he was a leader because he worked hard, never quit and gave the other players someone to look up to. He also said this to my son...you worked hard, never quit - KNOWING you will NEVER play. How disheartening for a big strong boy who worked his butt off for three years already to know that he will NEVER PLAY. And to beat all, he was invited to play at another school!!

That is a problem with the team. Too much politics, too little actual caring about the kids. Like someone said earlier...I would rather have 11 kids who play their heart out, then 11 kids who just play.

By the way, he no longer plays. He finally was tired of the bull crap that goes on, busting his rearend, EVERY day, during the summer, etc., to never have anything to show for it. Lincoln County is its own worst enemy when it comes to football. Jaboo...where are all of your supporters this year? Guess what I was saying last year, finally is sinking in.

Jaboo...where are all of your supporters this year? Guess what I was saying last year, finally is sinking in.

Yeah, there seems to be more anti-Falcon Football folks this year - by the time we all turn anti-Falcon the team will be assured of going 0-10 every year.

What a day that will be.

Jaboo...where are all of your supporters this year? Guess what I was saying last year, finally is sinking in.

Yeah, there seems to be more anti-Falcon Football folks this year - by the time we all turn anti-Falcon the team will be assured of going 0-10 every year.

What a day that will be.

Wake up Jabbo!!!!!!! The people are not anti-falcon but instead anti-coach, which is where the problem lies. As for the team going 0-10, that is going happen no matter what. The sooner it happens maybe the sooner the administartion will get off their butt and get some new coaches in to rebuild the program. I am so sorry this hurts your feelings but the facts are the facts. Coach T is old and tired and just does not have the drive, discipline and engery to get the job done.

What a day that will be.

I am not anti-anything. So don't you dare put words in my mouth. I just feel and know that our kids deserve better. A team that walks out on the field like a bunch of old men is a team that just can't win because there isn't any motivation in them.

win or loose the falcons have support no matter who the coaches are or their record. there will be some young men at the game tonight that cant wait to be in a lincoln county falcon uniform no matter how many games they win this year or next year or any other year. I personally am proud of the team for sticking together and finishing what they started with this season. These guys on the team have a lot of younger guys looking up to them and these younger kids recognize that this isnt a good year, but they are a TEAM and you dont quit. To all you folks bashing the TEAM dont pay your money to come to the game, its not mandatory that YOU be there. Stand behind the TEAM or get on another one.

LC! LC! LC!