Financial aid?

nick27

That's what I am thinking, as well.

I don't know what benefit we would have going D-2. In order to give scholarships, we would have to have money to give those scholarships. If we are in a tight financial spot, the school wouldn't have that money to give. Unlike many private schools, we are not associated with a church or denomination. We don't get any financial help from those, like Catholic get's from the Catholic church (I believe, correct me if I am wrong) or some other Christian schools who get it from their associated denomination or affiliate church.

catholic was D2 and switched over with last classification. I'd bet you can't make a move until next classification which I believe is in 2012. Landscape could look much different. Also, if Catholic stayed D1 even with the move to AAA in soccer and I believe AAAAA in football, I doubt they are going anywhere, now would have been the time they made their move back.

Unless TSSAA changes some rules, I doubt we will see much movement from D1 to D2. The $ crunch is hitting publics as well, some major downsizing in programs that schools can't afford anymore. It stinks, but it is hurting all of the students, regardless of where they attend.

When we were in Florida, my old high school assistant coach said that they were talking about canceling all non revenue producing sports. Football, volleyball and basketball would stay. The others would go. Don't know how wide spread that was, but it was pretty scary to think about being possible.

When we were in Florida, my old high school assistant coach said that they were talking about canceling all non revenue producing sports. Football, volleyball and basketball would stay. The others would go. Don't know how wide spread that was, but it was pretty scary to think about being possible.

That might make some "uber" club, ODP, and regional coaches happy. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

But for soccer as a sport it would be devastating. I believe that, it is because of HS soccer that many rural towns have added soccer and club teams in their towns in order to compete with the urban areas. Take away the school exposure of soccer and it would dry up in many small towns where the roots haven't taken hold.