Coach Darden Out at CAK

shnikens

Irish bball is getting his info from Mr. Naler. The real decision maker.

I think you're giving Mr. Naler a little too much credit. I've been around alot of these coaches for years and it's a pretty small close knit bunch. For example, I heard about Pemberton leaving a few hours before it was even announced at Catholic from another coach. 20+years of coaching AAU introduces you to a lot of coaches.I've had a couple of coaches actually ask me about the CAK job. Coach Cowan talked to me about some of this at the sub-state game at Bearden. I spoke with one of the coaches in the same district as the Union County coach that gave him very high marks earlier this week. I know Shane Wells personally as well as some others who are interested. Applicant pool may change some with the new opening at Webb which I knew of yesterday. It's not like I'm not on speaking basis with the boys and girls coaches at CAK, Catholic and Webb.

Everything has been confidential from the CAK standpoint and they probably wouldn't comment on anyone who has applied to maintain confidentiality.

Mr. Bolt- I finally figured out that TVM must be the virgin Mary but since I'm Baptist I was a little slow on that one. What are you wanting me to correct you on? I'd be happy to oblige. I don't know everything and I'm constantly trying to learn. Was blessed with a great college coach, beeen to a bunch of clinics, coached for 20+ years and have been fortunate enough to have coached some players that have gone onto the NBA and WNBA as well as numerous colleges.

"Knowledge comes but Wisdom lingers"....Tennyson...Thanks for noticing! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Knight, Billy Gilespie, and Im hearing maybe Jamie Dixon from Pittsburgh and Ben Howland from UCLA may have some interest in this job.

Pure speculation at this point.

IrishBBall-correct me if Im wrong on any of these. You seem to know just about everything, TVM has blessed you ever so dearly with a great deal of basketball wisdom.

Knox2-Please try to stay away from middle school sports, i see you referenced Treadway. MS sports are on a way different stage. Soccer is....well its just soccer. the only game you can run around for 80 minutes and still know you play a sport that would put most people to sleep. and id appreciate it if you would stop saying the previous teams were uncompetitive. I think i have told you this before, maybe your old, maybe the font I type in is too small for you to read, maybe my immense vocabulary has you scratching your head, trying to find the definitions of some words, or maybe your just as stubborn as heck but it needs to be said that questioning the teams competitiveness that previous student-athletes played on, needs to be stopped. My senior year, I remember maybe 2 games where we were out of it at half, the rest we either had the lead tied or down by very few. So just screw that point, and stop bringing it up

Hey theusainb...whatever. Lame post, as usual. IrishBBall knows his stuff.

I think you're giving Mr. Naler a little too much credit. I've been around alot of these coaches for years and it's a pretty small close knit bunch. For example, I heard about Pemberton leaving a few hours before it was even announced at Catholic from another coach. 20+years of coaching AAU introduces you to a lot of coaches.I've had a couple of coaches actually ask me about the CAK job. Coach Cowan talked to me about some of this at the sub-state game at Bearden. I spoke with one of the coaches in the same district as the Union County coach that gave him very high marks earlier this week. I know Shane Wells personally as well as some others who are interested. Applicant pool may change some with the new opening at Webb which I knew of yesterday. It's not like I'm not on speaking basis with the boys and girls coaches at CAK, Catholic and Webb.

Everything has been confidential from the CAK standpoint and they probably wouldn't comment on anyone who has applied to maintain confidentiality.

Mr. Bolt- I finally figured out that TVM must be the virgin Mary but since I'm Baptist I was a little slow on that one. What are you wanting me to correct you on? I'd be happy to oblige. I don't know everything and I'm constantly trying to learn. Was blessed with a great college coach, beeen to a bunch of clinics, coached for 20+ years and have been fortunate enough to have coached some players that have gone onto the NBA and WNBA as well as numerous colleges.

"Knowledge comes but Wisdom lingers"....Tennyson...Thanks for noticing! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Natureboy gave an accurate and succinct description of how this information is leaked. I was going to describe it again in a much longer explanation but realized abruptly that Natureboy's description was fair and correct.

Regarding the confidentiality issue, CAK has probably not said a word to anyone about who has applied. BUT, I'm sure there were phone calls made on behalf of the school to several "candidates" by the aforementioned parent before the season was even over. But, aparently, you and he did not speak last weekend because I knew about the Webb job being vacant on Saturday (do I get some sort of reward for that?).

Come on, Irishbball, you know certain people in your "pretty small close knit bunch" treat this stuff like it's your real job, which, brings me to my next point: How do you have this much time to be on this website posting at various and numerous times in the day. Lucky for me, I don't have a normal job. I guess you don't either.

Looking at your credentials, it seems you are overly qualified to coach CAK. Are you applying?

Oh, and, Shamrock, you are the pot calling the kettle black, but you gotta stick up for your Irish boy, altho he is baptist.

Natureboy gave an accurate and succinct description of how this information is leaked. I was going to describe it again in a much longer explanation but realized abruptly that Natureboy's description was fair and correct.

Regarding the confidentiality issue, CAK has probably not said a word to anyone about who has applied. BUT, I'm sure there were phone calls made on behalf of the school to several "candidates" by the aforementioned parent before the season was even over. But, aparently, you and he did not speak last weekend because I knew about the Webb job being vacant on Saturday (do I get some sort of reward for that?).

Come on, Irishbball, you know certain people in your "pretty small close knit bunch" treat this stuff like it's your real job, which, brings me to my next point: How do you have this much time to be on this website posting at various and numerous times in the day. Lucky for me, I don't have a normal job. I guess you don't either.

Looking at your credentials, it seems you are overly qualified to coach CAK. Are you applying?

Oh, and, Shamrock, you are the pot calling the kettle black, but you gotta stick up for your Irish boy, altho he is baptist.

shnikens, its fine i understand, sham's gotta stick up for his boyfriend. hows that relationship workin out?

Well, I can't take it any more. These points are in response to several comments:

1)We'll never fully know the school's side of the story since this is a personnel issue-as we would all want if it was our job, they will be very careful with any comments.

2) Because of that, rumors, distortions, partial truth, and inaccuracies tend to take on a life of their own-driven by only one view of the situation or decision

3) I do know that Coach D's integrity, faith, and basketball knowledge were never in serious question. This decision had nothing to do with that kind of thing.

4)I understand ex-players passion and being upset about a coach they liked being asked to leave. I would also ask them to consider the fact that they don't know the whole story-the school's story hasn't been told and probably won't/can't be.

5)Let me pose a hypothetical situation to you for consideration. Let's suppose that an organization (school, business, club, church) has grown quickly and is changing significantly. Let's also suppose that the environment that they operate in is also changing quickly. The leadership sees these changes and knows that unless they carefully consider all these changes and re-examine their organization and how it works, they may not be able to meet their goal of excellence(let's define that for the moment as doing the absolute best you can given the resources you have). After they discuss that carefully, look at what other organizations in similar situations are doing, carefully research they issues, etc. they come up with changes they want a particular division or ministry or whatever to implement. They go to the person who heads up that function and over a number of months, describe what they want to do. That person says "no, I disagree" or " I don't see value in that" or something similar. Question--if that is where the situation ultimately ends up---what should the leadership do-keeping in mind their job is to look to the future and make hard decisions-not just keep on doing the same thing necessarily?

6) To the teacher that posted the negative comments about the school and administration---why do you still work there? If you are truly afraid of your boss and think they'd fire you if you went and talked to them!!??-my gosh, I'd be gone in a flash if I were you. Having been in the school for a number of years-there has never been a rash of random firings. You ought to go talk to your boss or his boss or someone on the board--I know some of those folks and not one of them would do what you're talking about. You're supposed to be a leader-for the overall good of the school and it's mission-please act like one.

7)CAK is a great place but not a perfect one. I would plead to the ex-students to keep in mind the many, many good experiences I know most of you had. I know you disagree with this decision which is perfectly fine. Don't jump to conclusions about reasons or only consider one side. The people in administration are never going to make a decision to hurt the school and I know have the long-term interests in mind. You don't have to agree with them, but don't be like the rest of the world and demean them because you disagree.

Hi Folks Kirk Naler here with Naler Automotive! Theres's never been a better time to buy a used or brand new vehicle! Check out some of these HOT DEALS

2007 Ford Mustang-Naler priced at $78,995!!!

how about and energy effecient 2009 Toyota Prius?!- Naler priced at $58,995!!!

Need to pick up all your kids from CAK, the school I practically own??!! We got Suburbans, Escalades, Navigators, Excursions!!! all priced well ABOVE Kelly Blue Book. ITS JUST A BOOK! What does it know about cars?

Need to suprise your kid with a car for their 16th birthday??!! Go ahead and go to those dirty cheap dealerships that sell Fords, Dodges, Hondas and absolute junky cars, but if you love your child come to Naler Automotive and indulge that teenager with a Lamborghini!! If not that, how about a Porsche!

WE HAVE CARS THAT FIT EVERYONES PRICE RANGE! unless its under $50,000.

**SATURDAY, APRIL 11TH IS KIRK NALER APPRECIATION DAY!**

I love me, so this day is dedicated to me singlehandedly convincing the CAK administration to get rid of Coach Darden. SO, if your name is anything but Johnny Darden (including the former Tennessee player, cause i didnt like that guy either) come to NA for some free barbieque and soda pop (if you make a purchase of a NEW car of at least $100,000)

By the way if you wanna know a little more about me Ive included an excerpt from an interview I did from a blogger. Notice how good I was and how I was better than a lot of people. Ive added the parts that i should have said, in parentheses.

???I started most of my sophomore, junior and senior seasons (and boy was i good). But, the way it would work back then is that you would start two or three games in a row, then you??™d come off the bench for a few games (which didnt make much sense since i was far more superb than anyone on that team),??? Naler said. Coach DeVoe would change up the starting lineup all the time to match the personnel. (well mainly cause he couldn't remember who anyone was)???

I remember when we were playing Kentucky one year and they had Kenny ??

5)Let me pose a hypothetical situation to you for consideration. Let's suppose that an organization (school, business, club, church) has grown quickly and is changing significantly. Let's also suppose that the environment that they operate in is also changing quickly. The leadership sees these changes and knows that unless they carefully consider all these changes and re-examine their organization and how it works, they may not be able to meet their goal of excellence(let's define that for the moment as doing the absolute best you can given the resources you have). After they discuss that carefully, look at what other organizations in similar situations are doing, carefully research they issues, etc. they come up with changes they want a particular division or ministry or whatever to implement. They go to the person who heads up that function and over a number of months, describe what they want to do. That person says "no, I disagree" or " I don't see value in that" or something similar. Question--if that is where the situation ultimately ends up---what should the leadership do-keeping in mind their job is to look to the future and make hard decisions-not just keep on doing the same thing necessarily?

My problem with this is it sounds exactly like something Webb would do. As far as I know, CAK is not about being the biggest or the most dominant school at particular sports. Theres a reason that the official school seal has the words "Values Scholarship Character" under it. Its been noted that theres a reason kids go to CAK instead of Webb, the basis of that is the open Christian leadership. Im not saying that whoever they get wont be a good Christian role model. Im sure he will be. People have been citing G as their example, but I think thats truly unfair. Of course G is a great man and a great coach and I hope my children get to play for him one day. With that said, its very easy to say you want a "good christian example of a man" when hes been to the state title game every year hes ever coached there and is 5-1 in those games. Is that the expectation of the next basketball coach though? What are his expectations? "Getting over the hump"? That has been used as an excuse for dismissal of other coaches in the past, one that stands out is the old baseball coach but look where the baseball program has gone since the dismissal. When will Rusty have to look over his shoulder because his teams have yet to beat Alcoa? You said you want former students to try and remember the good times we had there instead of dwelling on individual times like these. The problem with that is OUR school is not the same school that is sitting on the hill now. That can be a good thing in some regards, for example, teachers that have been sharing classrooms and have been out in those miserable modular buildings for years now have their own classrooms, and other teachers have been able to move into the bigger classrooms that they need to teach more effectively. It can be a bad thing too though. I knew everyone in my class, and the classes above and below me while I was there. Can any student say that anymore? Theres a certain charm that the school once had that has been lost in the shuffle of the growth and development of the school. I hope it will return, like I alluded to, I have every intention of sending my children there. But I want my kids to attend the Christian Academy of Knoxville, not Mini-Webb.

shnikens, its fine i understand, sham's gotta stick up for his boyfriend. hows that relationship workin out?

It's worked out fine....especially when it comes to playing the Warriors. When did CAK last beat Catholic in basketball? Just Wondering. Unfortunately I don't know Shamrock but he seems to be a smart guy.

Didn't want to divert the topic from the coaching situation but I couldn't resist. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

It's worked out fine....especially when it comes to playing the Warriors. When did CAK last beat Catholic in basketball? Just Wondering. Unfortunately I don't know Shamrock but he seems to be a smart guy. Didn't want to divert the topic from the coaching situation but I couldn't resist. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

i dont know patty, your the one whos coached 20+ years, went to harvard and finished 2nd in your class, played with the likes of magic johnson, larry bird, michael jordan, even beat michael 1 on 1 in a game to 15. So how you wouldnt know suprises me since you seem to know everything about this school. But you know what was sweet about those catholic games we played in your sons senior year, patty...your team might have won, but we made your son look like garbage. and suprisingly he made it to the college level....Classic case of pulling strings. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CAK last beat KC back in 99' at the old school on Magnolia before we moved to the new school after Christmas. CAK won 64-63, Catholic guard John Rowland missed an uncontested lay up with 2 seconds remaining but a win is a win. Now if we want to talk about making people look like garbage on the the court, we can talk about CAK all day long but let's try to keep this to Coach Darden out at CAK because Catholic hasn't lost to CAK in 10 years while playing them twice a year and it could get ugly.

CAK last beat KC back in 99' at the old school on Magnolia before we moved to the new school after Christmas. CAK won 64-63, Catholic guard John Rowland missed an uncontested lay up with 2 seconds remaining but a win is a win. Now if we want to talk about making people look like garbage on the the court, we can talk about CAK all day long but let's try to keep this to Coach Darden out at CAK because Catholic hasn't lost to CAK in 10 years while playing them twice a year and it could get ugly.

Yes, you are correct, Catholic has had CAK's number in basketball. It has been ugly at times. But considering that you had a far better team, I doubt you were really pleased with either game played at CAK the past 2 years. CAK challenged Catholic until the final quarter last year in that game. And did you see the game this year at CAK? If you were there, you know Catholic came within an eyelash of losing that game. I think Catholic was expecting to play the same team they faced earlier in the year, and they didn't.