Anderson County will Miss Coach Kerr.

Ok i was planning on sending my son to Anderson County this year from what i understand

they have hired a New Coach that coached under Coach Kerr a while back.

The only thing i cant figure out is they say the new coach only played 1 year of JV football

and like 2 weeks of spring practice at cumberland college.

I know you dont have to be a great player to coach but my question is

how can he tell young boys to work hard in July heat when he didnt

him self. this seems like a ethic issue.

Any way maybe it will work out. i just dont know if i want my son busting his butt

for a guy that never did.

I know AC will miss Coach Larry Kerr and i wish him well he was a

great coach wish he had stayed 4 more years i would of brought my

son to AC.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of folks are gonna miss Coach Kerr. What most people are not realizing is that Coach Kerr is not leaving Anderson County. Coach Kerr and Elwood Pennington have started a football program at Lake City middle school. I for one, even though I know I've said it's time for new blood at the High School, am looking forward to what they can accomplish at the middle school. What most people don't realize is that for the high school to be competative, it all has to start at the little league and middle school levels. Yes, it was time for new blood at the high school at the head coaching position. However, Coach Kerr has the perfect opportunity now, to help the high school as much or even more by producing and turning out good fundamentally sound football players from the middle school, that then go on to play for our high school. Coach Kerr won't be on the sidelines at the high school games on friday nights, but I can assure you, his impact will be felt.

Ok i was planning on sending my son to Anderson County this year from what i understand

The only thing i cant figure out is they say the new coach only played 1 year of JV football

Any way maybe it will work out. i just dont know if i want my son busting his butt

son to AC.

I'm sure we will miss him

son to AC.

I can promise that Tony Lambert is an extremely hard worker that has been there. I can't be specific, but I know that TL has been and is an extremely hard worker. He is one that will be in the weight room sweating it out with the kids. He has been there, he knows what it is like. You would not be a bit disappointed in sending your son to AC to play for Lambert. Your son will become a better football player and a better man because of it.

I don't understand the worry listed in this thread. Just look at the entries of the other AC post regarding the pick of the head coach. Switch over to the Class A forum and read what the Onieda posters were saying in regards to Tony Lambert. I believe if any of TL's former AC players see this, they will respond overly positive. AC was in the upper tier of teams in ET while TL was the assistant head coach and DC. He then left and went to Oneida because he was ready for his own show and wins 13 games in his second year after getting the head spot.

It is my understanding that Tony gave up college football (not college) after learning of a family being on the way.

I can't say that AC will be the next Maryville, but this is good start. The Kerr foundation is there and now Tony is there. There will not be a problem with any players not being inspired to give all they have for him on the field.

I don't understand the worry listed in this thread. Just look at the entries of the other AC post regarding the pick of the head coach. Switch over to the Class A forum and read what the Onieda posters were saying in regards to Tony Lambert. I believe if any of TL's former AC players see this, they will respond overly positive. AC was in the upper tier of teams in ET while TL was the assistant head coach and DC. He then left and went to Oneida because he was ready for his own show and wins 13 games in his second year after getting the head spot.

It is my understanding that Tony gave up college football (not college) after learning of a family being on the way.

I can't say that AC will be the next Maryville, but this is good start. The Kerr foundation is there and now Tony is there. There will not be a problem with any players not being inspired to give all they have for him on the field.

AMEN

son to AC.

This is really a bad post. I would say there are more coaches than we know about that didn't play college football. There are 2 coaches that are or have been Head Coaches from AC that didn't play college football or played only a few plays. The only good thing in this is that you said "I know you don't have to be a great player to coach". Tony has earned the respect of everyone that has anything to do with football in that area if not the whole state. So are you saying that Mike Leach at Texas Tech should not have the respect of his players because he never played. He went to school to be a lawyer and never played college football. Tony will get that program right in a bigger classification.

How can you judge a man's character from some decision made 20+ years ago? Lots of people learn from decisions made in the past...if it was a mistake, then he learned from it and bacame a good coach. However, someone said it was because he learned he was going to be a father...changes one's whole life. Lambert will do well at AC...and your concern seems to be just the opposite of reality...kids play inspired football for him, he seems to be a great motivator.

How can you judge a man's character from some decision made 20+ years ago? Lots of people learn from decisions made in the past...if it was a mistake, then he learned from it and bacame a good coach. However, someone said it was because he learned he was going to be a father...changes one's whole life. Lambert will do well at AC...and your concern seems to be just the opposite of reality...kids play inspired football for him, he seems to be a great motivator.

O h isee what your saying so 20 years ago when he was having fun and became a father in high school

the rest of his class mates busting there butt for Onidea.

Anyway i would like to see some film on his 2 weeks of spriing pratice or the 1 year of JV football

before i send my son to AC. its easy to Scream around but does he know football?

Yes i think he will put alot of fear in players but can he say work hard today i did

O h isee what your saying so 20 years ago when he was having fun and became a father in high school

the rest of his class mates busting there butt for Onidea.

Anyway i would like to see some film on his 2 weeks of spriing pratice or the 1 year of JV football

before i send my son to AC. its easy to Scream around but does he know football?

Yes i think he will put alot of fear in players but can he say work hard today i did

I think he has worked plenty hard since his school days. The product on the field speaks for itself I think...heck look at the AC defenses while he was there and then the Oneida record last two years. I just don't like for people to be judged as he is...I can see what you are saying to a degree, but I think you are going a little overboard with it.

Character. Ok was he a father in the 6th grade.NO. was he a fatehr in Junior High No.

Maybe he is the Lou Holtz of High school football. who knows.

in 3-4 seasons it will show up what he can learn a kid.

anyway i will keep my son a Farrugate.

Character. Ok was he a father in the 6th grade.NO. was he a fatehr in Junior High No.

Maybe he is the Lou Holtz of High school football. who knows.

in 3-4 seasons it will show up what he can learn a kid.

anyway i will keep my son a Farrugate.

Do you live in Farrugate? If so he should play THERE, if you live in AC he should already be THERE. . . or maybe your just shopping around.