Williamson County Results/Stats/Poll

WesVLT

WES VOL,seems that toe steppin might go two ways huh!!...lol..My concern is with the Williamson County system.Most talk about BA,and Brentwood..Both are loaded with money and one was torn apart by infractions by TSSAA and still are the heros of the county.I was not trying to be negative by your post,just amking a valid point.I am sure you meant no wrong by it but schools like Page and Fairview have always been in the back seat of the county.Things like budgets.....Fairview was 1000.00 this year and last year was 500.00....just enough to buy a few mouthpieces,,lol..The county was going to build us and Page a new concession stand..It was in the plans 3 months ago.Guess what?????They tore ours down the day before our first home game.I know this don't pertain to you or what your post was about but when you mention County...we and others do get sorta upset about it.We would love for you to come to our game and witness the hometown experience..it is fantastic.So come on out and talk with us at a game..I will buy you a hot dog and tell you all about it!!! ;)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby, thanks for the invitation! I might take you up on it if you guys go deep into the playoffs or BA has an off week. I agree, it is a shame that Williamson County seems to prioritize the more populated schools. I don't know exactly what steps can be taken to correct this beyond speaking to the School Board, because I am not familiar with the system; however, I hope actions can be taken to "level the playing field," so to speak. Just because Fairview and Page are in rural areas does not mean they should be inferiorized (word? it is now). Good luck to the Yellow Jackets and Patriots, as well as the Cougars, Bruins, Rebels, Wildcats, Eagles, and yes -- the Raptors of Ravenwood in their inaugural JV season. Have a great day!

Wes, you know I've got nothing but love for ya man, but you're shortchanging my Rebels. First off, you keep on mentioning over and over again about Refugee, Green, and Andersen (maybe that's because those were the ones I told you to look out for, I don't know) but you're leaving out Ryan Nichols (WR), umm the Otey kid (his first name fails me right now but he's our RB), Chase Crawford on defense (I believe he's either a LB or DB), Jarred Holland (TE; made two big plays last week, including a TD) and I could go on and on. The Rebels are a force to be reckoned with. But I guess you'll see that after this week. I mean, have you not noticed all the hype about them? It's something you haven't seen from a Franklin team in years. I'd like to know the last time FHS got 20-some votes in the AP poll. Sure it was a while ago. Well, I don't guess I should question a genius like you when it comes to HS football, but really, give my Rebs some props. I know they're better than Dickson Co. and I'll refrain from comments about BHS...for now. Hope all's well with ya Wes, and keep up the great posts.