CAK 2009

JuniorsDad

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks gvk, how do you think we'll fare against grace's newly implemented wing-t offense?

We have struggled against the Wing-T versus Webb, but I think we did a GREAT job against Cherokee. I think our issues with Webb were the result of great line play by the guards as well as the speed of their running back(s). I have not seen Grace at the Varsity level, only JV. They have a Pre-Season All State lineman that plays left guard, we will see our DT matches up and how effectively the guards pull and make their blocks.

According to the Grace coach "We may not produce a lot of points, but we feel our defense is going to hold the opponents to a couple of scores or less." So, how 'bout it Warriors.....

how do you think we'll fare against grace's newly implemented wing-t offense?

When teams impliment a new offensive scheme they will usually experience some "hiccups" along the way. I expect that to be true with Grace as well. However; it appears from conversations I have had with folks who have seen them scrimmage, they are running the system pretty well. They evidentally have a couple good linemen and running backs. It appears that their game plan is to shorten the game with the run, raise up and throw occassionally to keep you honest. While the wing T can be tough on a defense it can also be turnover prone and non-productive. I expect CAK's defense to be very tough on Grace's offense. I've always believed that DLine penetration hurts the wing T because now your pulling Olineman are collisioning DLine in the backfield and creating a pile that the running back has to run around. CAK's LB's will need to be very active against GRACE. I think the Rams will get some yardage, but so long as we can keep them out of the end zone alls good. If they eat the clock and score, then we have a problem. Can't wait to get this season started.

i would agree with that.. i believe they could i have herd alot of players acting pretty cocky about there upcoming wins this year!! and boys u have no reason to be cocky till u have something to be cocky about!! meaning if ur going to talk smack u better back the heck out of it because u will get knocked off your throne really quick like with the schedule you guys have this year!!.... just keep in mind that u have roughly 3 and a 1/2 starters returning on offense this year!! and the play of the line backers are going to have to step up from what they were last year

In terms of athletic QB's i dont think Grace has that but i do know that they have at least one good athlete at RB. Yall'r right about the chewing the clock problem we could face. our d has played well in the scrimmages so far and actually fared pretty well last night w/o three starters. should be intersting to see if our defense boys can get on and off the field quick, to give our offense a chance to try and score.