CAK 2009

JuniorsDad

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hear it Warrior fans!! Spring practice is only a couple weeks away, give me your starters, play makers and game changers........

I believe the offensive line will be the strength of this years team. Problem is that just about everyone behind them will be young or inexperienced or both. Same is true for the receiving corp. QB, RB, WR, all are wide open competitions this year. The defense should be OK, but still several holes to fill. I know coach loves the platooning thing, but going into spring practice it seems unlikely that he can keep a competitive team on the field unless he re-thinks his position and allows several of the players to play both ways. Maybe some new talent will emerge, who knows. That is why this spring practice is particularly important.

I am really interested to see how this spring shapes up. This year will have the most question marks in my mind in the last several years. I think this may be a year where coach B has more 2-way players. Like FBD, I expect good things from the OL and DL. I think the LB's will be very solid. If last year is an indication, there is good talent in the upcoming senior class but not a lot of numbers. With the loss of a promising young RB last year and losing a great senior class, there will be a lot of positions wide open for someone to step up IMO. This could be a year that our outstanding kicker really pays off.

Of many questions, here are a few that are particularly on my mind. I'm interested if any of you guys have an opinion.

1. Who gets a shot at the 2 outside LB spots?

2. Does Epperly stay at WR? If so, with Houser, I think we've got a great start to our rotation.

3. Where does Walker end up? CB? WR? RB?

4. Does Fortner play both ways? What other linemen end up playing both ways?

5. Who starts at QB?

6. Who ends up seeing significant time at RB and FB?

7. Are there any players that may be contributors who didn't play last year?

WHASSUUUP?

Hey Bridge! I quess we've all made it through the winter doldrums and now its time to get excited about some spring football. If any of your F1's get run off by all the F5's on your team, we sure can make them feel at home over here in West Knox County. Already looking forward to this fall, but I really hate having to wait til the end of the season to face the mighty tornados. Maybe ya'll will be bored by the time we slip into Blount Co..

Keep us informed about how spring practice goes for ya'll

I am really interested to see how this spring shapes up. This year will have the most question marks in my mind in the last several years. I think this may be a year where coach B has more 2-way players. Like FBD, I expect good things from the OL and DL. I think the LB's will be very solid. If last year is an indication, there is good talent in the upcoming senior class but not a lot of numbers. With the loss of a promising young RB last year and losing a great senior class, there will be a lot of positions wide open for someone to step up IMO. This could be a year that our outstanding kicker really pays off.

Of many questions, here are a few that are particularly on my mind. I'm interested if any of you guys have an opinion.

1. Who gets a shot at the 2 outside LB spots?

2. Does Epperly stay at WR? If so, with Houser, I think we've got a great start to our rotation.

3. Where does Walker end up? CB? WR? RB?

4. Does Fortner play both ways? What other linemen end up playing both ways?

5. Who starts at QB?

6. Who ends up seeing significant time at RB and FB?

7. Are there any players that may be contributors who didn't play last year?

1) Hardin, Morse, Maddux(depends on QB race), McMillan. Possibly Henson (LB or DL or FB).

2) Brings size and speed to the receiving corp (also depends on QB race)

3) CB and RB, very good hands, vertical, and speed, just right for WR, but difficult to learn all 3 positions with multiple routes and no huddle offense

4) most likely moves to center, needed on both sides of ball

5) one of the most important aspects of this Spring practice is finding the leading candidate, may not be determined til after 7on7's

6)Peagram, Walker, and Brooksbank(if available) at RB, Duncan, Eicholtz, Henson at FB.

7)Not aware of any impact players like Walker from last year

Should be a very interesting spring.

Just my opinion, but I think we will have a couple of Warriors playing on both sides of the ball.

Looks like a necessity for this year if we are going to be competitive. Coach doesn't have to play guys both ways to the point of being non-effective at the end of the game, but with limited players we can't afford to have our better athletes only playing half of the game. Maybe a bit more conditioning. They still play the same number of minutes per game as they did back in my day, and many of my teammates never left the field and still managed to be strong at the end of the game. Properly conditioned young athletes should be able to contribute on both sides of the ball, especially if they are rotated and rested some throughout the game.

Hey Bridge! I quess we've all made it through the winter doldrums and now its time to get excited about some spring football. If any of your F1's get run off by all the F5's on your team, we sure can make them feel at home over here in West Knox County. Already looking forward to this fall, but I really hate having to wait til the end of the season to face the mighty tornados. Maybe ya'll will be bored by the time we slip into Blount Co..

Keep us informed about how spring practice goes for ya'll

One F1 Warrior head'n your way........ /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I look forward to "doughnut" time this year. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Good luck Guys!