CAK 2009

JuniorsDad

When talking about WR dont forget Mead, Scott, and Purdue from the JV last season. Also Walker had been getting better in the weight room as far as i can tell. he looks bigger. the wrist injury may set him back some but hopefully he'll be ready for at least some of spring practice. He could help out at DE in a big way IMO

You are 100% correct! The injury will be a MINOR set-back, he will be a good addition to the defense.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Jr. what do you think abt WR? i cant think of anybody with any game experience besides Houser and Burton

I thought a lot about the WR positions this week, Houser and Burton should both have big seasons this year. I think Mead, Scott, and Purdue will all see significant playing time this year.

yeah i agree. With at least 3 recievers on the field every offensive snap and Epperly most likely going to QB, those three will HAVE to step up. i think i remember Scott having several catches against Webb in the jv game and a touchdown against grace. Mead had a big game against grace as well. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I thought a lot about the WR positions this week, Houser and Burton should both have big seasons this year. I think Mead, Scott, and Purdue will all see significant playing time this year.

Burton and Houser are definitely 2 very good receivers returning. You know, the last couple of years we have not had many WR returning with much game experience because the seniors were getting most of the minutes. This year, Houser and Burton come in with valuable experience that I believe will pay dividends. Now, if you add Epperly to the mix (if he doesn't return to QB) you add more experience and some size with speed. This spells match up problems for many teams we will face IMO. This being his second year at WR will add some consistency IMO.

I'm not that familiar with Scott and Purdue, but I am Mead. He has moves and strength beyond his size. Tremendous talent IMO. I've been pulling for some growth and time in the weight room for him. That is all he needs to be a great HS WR.

I believe we have some very good quality at WR coming back this year. But I sure like the idea of having the size that Epperly brings to the position if it works out that way.

itll all depend on the development of arrnett at qb govols. if he can become a reliable qb then epperly can go to reciever IMO

Yes, Arnette is one option, but he is not the only option. Nothing negative toward either of those 2 names, but I'm not sure your best option may not be an upcoming sophomore. Mechanics, armstrength, poise in the pocket, etc. It could also give you a 3 year starter and free up a WR and DB that are desperately needed. Just my opinion.

Redford is a DB that could greatly contribute. the coaches were high on him towards the end of last season. He's small but very aggressive and knows what he's doing out there at CB. here's the way i see it..just my opinion which dosnt matter but....

OLB's: Hardin, Maddox, McMillin, Morse

Safety: Arnett

CB's: Walker and who knows on the other side...maybe Redford???

with a team this small (in numbers) its all gonna depend on who Coach B thinks wins the QB job. that'll effect OLB, S, and WR spots

Redford is a DB that could greatly contribute. the coaches were high on him towards the end of last season. He's small but very aggressive and knows what he's doing out there at CB. here's the way i see it..just my opinion which dosnt matter but....

OLB's: Hardin, Maddox, McMillin, Morse

Safety: Arnett

CB's: Walker and who knows on the other side...maybe Redford???

with a team this small (in numbers) its all gonna depend on who Coach B thinks wins the QB job. that'll effect OLB, S, and WR spots

Starting line up in my opinion will look like this.

Offense

WR's Houser Burton Scott Mead

RB Pegram

FB Duncan

QB Epperly

RT Dieter

RG Alford

C Toss Up

LG Sharp

LT Johnston

Deffense

DE's Jaeger Smith

DT's Powers Fortner

MLB's Duncan Eicholtz

OLB's Hardin Moorse

CB's Walker Redford

FS Arnett

Just my opinion on how it will probably look...

Offense

RB Pegram

FB Duncan

QB Epperly

RT Dieter

RG Alford

C Toss Up

LG Sharp

LT Johnston

Deffense

DE's Jaeger Smith

DT's Powers Fortner

MLB's Duncan Eicholtz

OLB's Hardin Moorse

CB's Walker Redford

FS Arnett

i agree with this competely. Fortner will have to play both ways being one of the best players in his class in the region. C or LT on offense.

spring practice'll be fun to watch. im excited to see where everybody falls in and what new names we'll have to look forward to hearing Breck Ellison call out this fall. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Offense

RB Pegram

FB Duncan

QB Epperly

RT Dieter

RG Alford

C Toss Up

LG Sharp

LT Johnston

Deffense

DE's Jaeger Smith

DT's Powers Fortner

MLB's Duncan Eicholtz

OLB's Hardin Moorse

CB's Walker Redford

FS Arnett

Good list. I would plug in Fortner at center and we'll see what happens with Epperly. Could be QB or WR. I look for another name in addition to Pegram at RB. He has good speed, but with Pinkstaff out of the mix, I look for a bigger back to get some carries as well. I wonder about Walker and / or Brooksbank at RB (if available.)

Offense

RB Pegram

FB Duncan

QB Epperly

RT Dieter

RG Alford

C Toss Up

LG Sharp

LT Johnston

In your opinion, who are the "toss up" players for Center???? I agree with GoVols and Warriors011, Steven "Big Fort" Fortner will have to play both ways. BUT, I'm not sure he will be able to play the entire game going both ways. We will need better than GOOD players that can come in and give him a series on the sidelines.