CAK 2009

JuniorsDad

Blackwell, White, and Fortner are all candidates for the C job IMO. it would be new for Fortner but we need him on the field as much as possible. Maybe White can help him out on offense but i dont know of anybody that could help out on defense. any thoughts as to who could help out powers and fortner on the DL??

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackwell, White, and Fortner are all candidates for the C job IMO. it would be new for Fortner but we need him on the field as much as possible. Maybe White can help him out on offense but i dont know of anybody that could help out on defense. any thoughts as to who could help out powers and fortner on the DL??

It looks to me that we have 3 unproven,open positions on the offensive line,c,rg, and rt. I believe the best players should play and that 67 should play one of those, not sure if center is it..The offensive line posted will most likely stand through the spring, but I see a name ommitted and one of the names being moved to tackle before it all said and done. The rest of the lineup looks good except for de, walker should be a good backup to smith not sure about the others listed.. imo hardesty on the d line with blackwell, not sure if anyone new is coming..

It looks to me that we have 3 unproven,open positions on the offensive line,c,rg, and rt. I believe the best players should play and that 67 should play one of those, not sure if center is it..The offensive line posted will most likely stand through the spring, but I see a name ommitted and one of the names being moved to tackle before it all said and done. The rest of the lineup looks good except for de, walker should be a good backup to smith not sure about the others listed.. imo hardesty on the d line with blackwell, not sure if anyone new is coming..

Come on now Shooter,,,it's just your opinion, give us your line up.

RT

RG

C

LG

LT

Hardesty is not a suited D-LINE person. Hes not fast enough, he strikes me more of a O-LINE character. Fortner will more than likely play C and DT. If he needs a rest im sure we will have a back-up somewhere but hopefully the Warriors will be able to crush their competition before he gets tired!!

i agree about Hardesty. Blackwell is the biggest kid on the team and when fresh could do some damage at DT. Maybe he could be candidate to help out Fortner?

i agree about Hardesty. Blackwell is the biggest kid on the team and when fresh could do some damage at DT. Maybe he could be candidate to help out Fortner?

Possibly, especially if you give him some mechanics work. He seemed pretty solid last year as a long-snapper. He could probably go offense or defense for a sub.

I've been out of town for a few days and its exciting to come back and see quite a bit of chatter about CAK spring football! The football program is still relatively young at CAK (8years?) but the support seems to be strong and getting stronger. Thats certainly important when building a program.

A few thoughts:

1)anxious to see ground breaking and construction of the new fieldhouse, hopefully completed by the beginning of this season, the space is badly needed, shows action about the school and boosters commitment to athletics rather than just words, positive impression on our visitors

2)excited about Fred White joining the staff, lots of energy & intensity & knowledge. I hear an additional QB coach is on the way with college coaching experience, very nice staff shaping up for this season

3)big challenge this year to fill vacancies in many key spots, even bigger with the move up in classification

4)nice addition to the weight room, new racks, weights, etc.... stop in and take a look...make a donation and help finish the job and make this a first class addition to all sports teams at CAK

5)regarding lineman, I think someone who I haven't seen mentioned that could add some depth is C.Morgan. He moved here from TX last year, is growing and getting stronger, as the year goes on he and S.Walker both could help somewhere. Rhodes is another kid who could develop over the year, not ready yet after sitting out last year and concentrating on basketball, needs to get stronger and add some weight, but he has a good frame. Hardesty looks like a nose tackle, but our defensive scheme doesn't call for one. Henson is quick off the ball and needs to find a home to help contribute, can play LB or FB as well

6)QB is mere speculation at this time. Arnett(#6) is Sr., returning 2nd string QB, starting FS. Coach B doesn't like players to play both sides of the ball to begin with and that goes double or triple for his QB. So will it be QB or FS? Epperly(#2) is Jr., either started or contributed significantly at WR last year. He is the only WR candidate that is very tall, 6'3". Very good speed and experience. Moving him would be a blow to the receiving corp; however, there are other receivers that can fill the spot, just not as big a target or as fast. He also has the build of a QB (tall and lanky) and has played that position until this past year. Maddux(#18) is Soph., looked very good in the JV games, can pass and run, built like an OLB, a strong competitor. Ritchie is Soph., good athlete, scrappy, shared PT with Maddux on JV last year.

7)RB is a big hole to fill and not too many candidates to fill it. Maybe someone emerges from another position or from the shadows to push and challenge, but looks like Peagram & possibly M.Walker right now. Brooksbank sure could be used but I believe is doubtful to play. Maybe a WR will be looked at, has Burton ever played RB?

I better stop, getting carried away.

I've been out of town for a few days and its exciting to come back and see quite a bit of chatter about CAK spring football! The football program is still relatively young at CAK (8years?) but the support seems to be strong and getting stronger. Thats certainly important when building a program.

A few thoughts:

1)anxious to see ground breaking and construction of the new fieldhouse, hopefully completed by the beginning of this season, the space is badly needed, shows action about the school and boosters commitment to athletics rather than just words, positive impression on our visitors

2)excited about Fred White joining the staff, lots of energy & intensity & knowledge. I hear an additional QB coach is on the way with college coaching experience, very nice staff shaping up for this season

3)big challenge this year to fill vacancies in many key spots, even bigger with the move up in classification

4)nice addition to the weight room, new racks, weights, etc.... stop in and take a look...make a donation and help finish the job and make this a first class addition to all sports teams at CAK

5)regarding lineman, I think someone who I haven't seen mentioned that could add some depth is C.Morgan. He moved here from TX last year, is growing and getting stronger, as the year goes on he and S.Walker both could help somewhere. Rhodes is another kid who could develop over the year, not ready yet after sitting out last year and concentrating on basketball, needs to get stronger and add some weight, but he has a good frame. Hardesty looks like a nose tackle, but our defensive scheme doesn't call for one. Henson is quick off the ball and needs to find a home to help contribute, can play LB or FB as well

6)QB is mere speculation at this time. Arnett(#6) is Sr., returning 2nd string QB, starting FS. Coach B doesn't like players to play both sides of the ball to begin with and that goes double or triple for his QB. So will it be QB or FS? Epperly(#2) is Jr., either started or contributed significantly at WR last year. He is the only WR candidate that is very tall, 6'3". Very good speed and experience. Moving him would be a blow to the receiving corp; however, there are other receivers that can fill the spot, just not as big a target or as fast. He also has the build of a QB (tall and lanky) and has played that position until this past year. Maddux(#18) is Soph., looked very good in the JV games, can pass and run, built like an OLB, a strong competitor. Ritchie is Soph., good athlete, scrappy, shared PT with Maddux on JV last year.

7)RB is a big hole to fill and not too many candidates to fill it. Maybe someone emerges from another position or from the shadows to push and challenge, but looks like Peagram & possibly M.Walker right now. Brooksbank sure could be used but I believe is doubtful to play. Maybe a WR will be looked at, has Burton ever played RB?

I better stop, getting carried away.

Haha no your not getting carried away, the more talk the better. The field house will probably take awhile but once complete will be a great asset to players bonding. I heard there is only going to be one locker room. The weight room is still not complete from what I heard. I hear more platforms are coming? Anyone know any truth to that? If we can get S. Walker and Morgan stronger they could be a very powerful asset but I have yet to see them put on more weight, who knows maybe they'll step up soon. On the QB issue I agree its all a mess. Thats typically how QB races are. D. Burton is such a strong receiver threat that he can get down field FAST I doubt coach Bradley will move him. Even if he was moved that would create even a bigger hole in our passing game for one and put some ill fit and unexperienced wide receiver close to the field. That's just my opinion not to shoot down your idea.

Haha no your not getting carried away, the more talk the better. The field house will probably take awhile but once complete will be a great asset to players bonding. I heard there is only going to be one locker room. The weight room is still not complete from what I heard. I hear more platforms are coming? Anyone know any truth to that? If we can get S. Walker and Morgan stronger they could be a very powerful asset but I have yet to see them put on more weight, who knows maybe they'll step up soon. On the QB issue I agree its all a mess. Thats typically how QB races are. D. Burton is such a strong receiver threat that he can get down field FAST I doubt coach Bradley will move him. Even if he was moved that would create even a bigger hole in our passing game for one and put some ill fit and unexperienced wide receiver close to the field. That's just my opinion not to shoot down your idea.

Burton has never played rb that i know of and he's our top reciever as of now. him and houser will be a good reciever corps even w.o epperly. Mead and Scott both have some (limited) game experience but know the system well and are working hard. but if Epperly is our best bet at QB, why not have him there?

I wouldn't say that our current QB situation is a mess. I would say that we have an open QB position and we have several fine young men, with different skills to offer, that will compete for the job. I have seen first hand two players in open competition for a starting position and it truly brought out the best in both players.

FootballDad, good to see that you are back!!!! Do you a have file on each player????!!!! Too funny! I always enjoy reading your posts on our players, you have the info on everyone!

I wouldn't say that our current QB situation is a mess. I would say that we have an open QB position and we have several fine young men, with different skills to offer, that will compete for the job. I have seen first hand two players in open competition for a starting position and it truly brought out the best in both players.

FootballDad, good to see that you are back!!!! Do you a have file on each player????!!!! Too funny! I always enjoy reading your posts on our players, you have the info on everyone!

i agree Jr. Hopefully the QB competetion will bring out the best of what epperly Arnett, Maddox, and Richie have to offer. that way we know we'll have the best QB the team has to offer when we line up against Grace in..about...138 days. something like that. that should be a fun one