TheEgohaslanded.

RyanRowdy

• 4 weeks later...

Dude, whats the deal, I am totally ahead of you in The Big Ones contest. Looks like I am the one with the best screen name here.

On a more serious note I would like your opinion on recruiting. Who you think recruits (If anyone does?). Also I would like your opinions on who will win state in any or all classifications.

Us Memphians have no idea about these schools...we should have a seperate division...as I said earlier, I thought the school Huntington was either the high school from Can't Hardly Wait...or a school from West Virginia.

As far as recruiting...two very good basketball players from Memphis just transfered from a private school to a city school...yet no one says a word about it on this board. If it was reversed and like in another part of the state, people would be going crazy...but no one says anything here...ya'll just need to put things in perspective...basketball is more important in the city of memphis, then football is at the small rural public schools (on the whole)...ELA has said how his kids don't always show up in the offseason and practice...which proves that it is not too high on the priority list for the offseason...basketball is king here, and the trophies prove it.

I am not going to say who does or doesn't recruit, but I have first hand knowledge of schools that do and don't...I'm not going to say it, those of you who know who I am, might know of my brother who transfered schools...he was never recruited, but will probably start this year as a 10th grader...but people think that unless there is a change of address, then a kid was just recruited.

RyanRowdy, do you konw of any schools that recruit?

If I had an alternate name on here, I might list them, but I don't see how it would solve anything, these people refuse to compromise, so I have just about given up.

State Champs...

Byrne over FACS

Harding or BCS over BGA (I really think that will happen btw)

BA over McCallie

1a Ezell over Cloudland

2a Lipscomb over Goodpasture

3a Trousdale Co over ?

4a Maryville over Hillsboro

5a Germantown over Houston or Riverdale

Hopefully more accurate then my big ones picks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• 20 but had 5-6 not dressed every game. It went down towards the end due to injuries and obviously only 15 got to dress for the state tournament. Then, they only lost 2 from this year and gain 8 from the middle school for next year
    • As somebody mentioned before, this is going to result in a massive lawsuit, can you imagine professional "educators" actually having the conversation about getting "the bad kids" out of the high school?  And the head coach asking directly to change grades, gets turned down, comes back again and gets it approved?  This is unbelievable.  In addition to the lawsuit, the state Department of Education is going to come down extremely hard on this.  WYSH is on the war path.  There could be dozens more lose their jobs by the time this is over.  And yeah the real shame is the kids being affected that literally had nothing to do with this and actually worked hard to earn their grades.    
    • I've heard Powell from someone who talked to him. I saw the kid two days ago and I should of pulled over and talked with him and wished him well where ever he goes. It will be a ale of a loss for us because I don't believe we have anyone in the stable good as him from what I seen in the spring.
    • I would have to think that the firing of the 2 teachers is just the beginning of future moves.  If not, it is woefully short.  If the AC school board thinks that the damage is just limited to Clinton, they are sadly mistaken.  Any outsider would view the whole school system as suspect, and rightly so.
    • Yeah. AC brass walked in to the building at Clinton and suggested that the principal start changing grades.  Honesty, the notion that anybody at AC was involved is just idiocy.  The ones who are hurt most are the kids who weren't involved in the cheating, but still are being penalized by college admission decisions and scholarship consideration simply because they went to a school that was involved in such a scandal.