Northwest

I think we need to discuss some facts:

Between the 2 major sports with basketball and baseball in the last 6 years we have had 6 coaches change in the last 5 years. I mean that is a huge deal. Basketball (4) (Football 2). Ok we know that Schrenk is a joke. That is final. I mean the way he treated others and thought how mighty he was makes people sick. cough cough 3-19.

The whole problem is you got high and mighty Shane Smith who is just plain stupid. I mean come on. This guy is a joke. What does he do a random draw out of a hat picking these guys. He thinks he is getting something mighty when he goes outside of Clarksville to get a coach. The last 2 coaches he has hired out of town are gone now. Cox and Schrenk. He could have hired Hood in football, but he thouhgt he was getting something better and he went the wrong direction. He could have hired Young as a basketball coach after 2 coaches left. He hired a guy out of town instead. That guy will be gone as well when something better comes. My point is that Shane Smith needs to not be an AD, teacher, nothing. He needs to get out of the education. He is not right for it.I mean i can understand messing up on one but 4 or 5. If you want stability, you can hire all of these people from other places. You hire the people that bust their butt hard for a school who are home grown and have roots here. I guess that would be way to easy. We need to figure out a way to get Shane Smith oit of office and things could possibly turn the right direction there. I wil lsay it will never be great at Northwest,b ut it could be better. Northwest could compete each year instead of being the laughing stock of all schools. GO HOME SMITH!!! I hope Schrenk looses every game also. sorry!! just the way I feel for him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cox was hired by another AD, and so was Stevens.

So Shane has had only three coaches leave his school. Joel to another job, the old basketball coaches, well one is gone for awhile, and the other missed his daughter.

However, I do agree that someone home grown is the need at Northwest. Someone that understands the community and will be there through thick and thin.

Guess we will see what happens!

Smith hired Cox---I am certain of that.

now i have to disagree with you on that. It was bruce jobe and balthroup that hired cox. yes sir, shane's first coaching hire for football was Shrenk. trust me on this! I really know this subject better than many!

If you are saying that they went over Smith's head on this, that very well may be true, but he was the AD at the time of the hire.

Smith became AD during Steven's coaching tenure, and Principal Stephen's tenure. What needs to happen is a complete make over with a head coach to bring in his guys. At least 3-4 in the building, and give the man what he needs to find success. Someone that does not bash former coaches in front of the boys, and will spend the time to make the program a competative group of boys. Last thing NW needs is someone from out of state with no idea of what this community needs. Hire someone that understands this community and let them try. All esle has failed! So do what is right please!

I agree, higher Coach Sutherland. He has been there knows the kids, the school, and the community. have a great day.

As far as the "wrong-doings" of the ones doing the hiring and those being hired, no one will ever be able to please everyone. There will always be doubts and animosity no matter what happens at any school. Especially at those schools that have a high turnover rate of coaches.

That being said, I believe that Coach Southerland would be the perfect hire for NW if he was willing to come back. No one that I have ever met in my 5 years in Clarksville bleeds more green and gold than this man. And I do say all of this with complete seriousness. I am in no way being sarcastic. Yes, Southerland and I had our differences a few years ago but we handled things like respectable coaches should handle those types of situations. Southerland would be one of the few coaches that would be willing to put in the time and effort that it is going to take to make NW the program that it has the potential to become.

Southerland, when you read this, shoot me an email or pick up the phone sometime.

It is a great day for NW football schrenk is gone, but now smith has to pick a good coach this time instead of just picking some random name out of a hat like last time, hopefully smith will put thought in to who he picks to be the new coach this time hopefully he will pick a coach that would be good for the players and the school and every one who has to do with nw but as a former player for almost all these coaches ever one is talking about I think the best fit to be the new head coach is right in the school Coach Hood but they probley wont give him a chance but they should because I think he is the best choice to be the new NW head coach and southerland would be a good assistant for NW but at least schrenk is gone so that??™s a start in the right direction,NW still has a lot of talent there so hopefully there will be a good coach to coach them like coach Hood, but Cannon County you will see what you got with your new coach soon lol good luck because every one is glad schrenk is out of here.

It is a great day for NW football schrenk is gone, but now smith has to pick a good coach this time instead of just picking some random name out of a hat like last time, hopefully smith will put thought in to who he picks to be the new coach this time hopefully he will pick a coach that would be good for the players and the school and every one who has to do with nw but as a former player for almost all these coaches ever one is talking about I think the best fit to be the new head coach is right in the school Coach Hood but they probley wont give him a chance but they should because I think he is the best choice to be the new NW head coach and southerland would be a good assistant for NW but at least schrenk is gone so that??™s a start in the right direction,NW still has a lot of talent there so hopefully there will be a good coach to coach them like coach Hood, but Cannon County you will see what you got with your new coach soon lol good luck because every one is glad schrenk is out of here.

I appreciate your opinion, but I would like someone to please elaborate on the pros and the cons of Coach Shrenk. I have no dog in this hunt, but from across the county line, I would be interested to hear what he has done well for NW and done poorly, because I don't see our program too far off the spectrum from NW (poor administration, lack of wins). Please, no biased opionions on Coach Shrenk, I just want to hear football stuff.

I appreciate your opinion, but I would like someone to please elaborate on the pros and the cons of Coach Shrenk. I have no dog in this hunt, but from across the county line, I would be interested to hear what he has done well for NW and done poorly, because I don't see our program too far off the spectrum from NW (poor administration, lack of wins). Please, no biased opionions on Coach Shrenk, I just want to hear football stuff.

Well as a former player there was not allot that schrenk did that was good for NW but ill give him this there equipment was good seeing how other than one year of being a D coordinator in Alabama he was the equipment manger lol, he only won two or three games in his two years at NW with teams who should of at the least won half there games if not more and the proof that groups he had where good groups of players is that both of those groups where in there middle school championship games or won it and both groups did good in JV football and the 08 group won there jv championship and the 09 group won most of there games so you figure at the least they could beat most of the in town teams if not all of them but instead in his two years at NW he never beat a in town team so you figure that it cant just be the players its got to be higher up like the head coach since schrenk been there he has not even keep even one of his assistant coaches all of them have been one year and gone the next which is bad seeing how most of the assistant coaches he brought up form Alabama so you figure he??™s not the best coach in the world, but I will say this schrenk may have been a bad coach but the AD at NW is the worst AD ever he just don??™t care about what??™s good for the school he seems not to care at all about NW sports seems as he just picks some random person and fills the position but what he should do is pick a good coach like coach Hood but seeing how the AD does not care that much about NW sports we probley wont give him a chance to make NW football good but in my opinion Hood is the best fit for NW I know you didn??™t ask about that but I was just throwing that in there.