How Did Middle Tn. Like There Trip East

gatalife

rough weekends? not sure what you mean...we had a nice trip...we would have liked to play better in the first game and against Farragut we would have liked to make a play or 2 that we didnt make but it was a good weekend

Just that. Thought you would have liked to play a little better. Wanted you know what you thought about venues and caliber. What pitchers did you throw? I know Science Hill, Bearden,Farragut all held back #1's.

Just that. Thought you would have liked to play a little better. Wanted you know what you thought about venues and caliber. What pitchers did you throw? I know Science Hill, Bearden,Farragut all held back #1's.

we held back our #1 and 2 and our number 3 pitched a little but for some reason couldnt throw a strike LOL needless to say all of our pitchers pitched in fact if we had played another game then my son who is not a pitcher was on tap to pitch LOL

we held back our #1 and 2 and our number 3 pitched a little but for some reason couldnt throw a strike LOL needless to say all of our pitchers pitched in fact if we had played another game then my son who is not a pitcher was on tap to pitch LOL

That is a good reason why you cant make alot of the results of these weekend tournaments. Few, if any, teams throw their top two or three pitchers because of district games during the week. Ive seen it in the past in several other tournaments and Im frankly surprised so many teams play in those and incur the expense of traveling etc. Beating up on some soph and freshman pitching or losing with your JV pitchers isnt my idea of a way to spend a good weekend.

That is a good reason why you cant make alot of the results of these weekend tournaments. Few, if any, teams throw their top two or three pitchers because of district games during the week. Ive seen it in the past in several other tournaments and Im frankly surprised so many teams play in those and incur the expense of traveling etc. Beating up on some soph and freshman pitching or losing with your JV pitchers isnt my idea of a way to spend a good weekend.

at the same time those JV pitchers are gonna have to do it for varsity one day also it is a chance to see if they can do it in a game situation in case the district pitchers have trouble i think we have one pitcher that befoe the season started he would not feel confident in putting him in a district game but he has pitched in some tournaments and done a good job that if needed i think coach would be OK in putting him in a distrirct situation...you gotta develop your future somewhere and those tournaments are great for that

I loved the 'East Coast Swing' last weekend. Got to see my old Farragut friends. Ran into my McCallie friends. Had some birthday cake (wasn't mine). Saw some great baseball.

There are several great reasons for playing weekend tournaments. Kids get AB's. Non-District pitchers get work. Teams travel and spend time together (as do their parents). May play four or five games but only counts as 3 in scheduling. Chance to face different teams from different places. Chance to see old friends far away...

I loved the 'East Coast Swing' last weekend. Got to see my old Farragut friends. Ran into my McCallie friends. Had some birthday cake (wasn't mine). Saw some great baseball.

There are several great reasons for playing weekend tournaments. Kids get AB's. Non-District pitchers get work. Teams travel and spend time together (as do their parents). May play four or five games but only counts as 3 in scheduling. Chance to face different teams from different places. Chance to see old friends far away...

Couldn't agree more, old friend!! These weekend tournaments are the closest thing to the state tournament atmosphere and pace; more so than the regular season. All of what DL says is true: more ABs, more pitchers gaining experience, more "team building."

I'm sorry we didn't have more of a chance to visit. At this point, if the Admirals return to MBoro, I'm planning to come down. Plus, I'll be down there for older son's wedding last April weekend. Might just look you up - and claim my Warrior Classic t-shirt. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree with Limbaugh. It's just a chance to get more playing time, more ABs, play some younger players, etc. Oakland had a good time, though we expect to win every game. Sometimes it just doesn't happen; but, hey, that's baseball (the only team sport where one person - the pitcher - can affect the entire game).

Oakland's #1 & #2 essentially went along for the ride. As a matter of fact, one kid who pitched for us was a kid who dressed varsity for the first time. And, some of the pitching we faced looked the same.

We did beat Bearden - who won the tournament - and got sunburned Saturday...or maybe we thawed out from Friday!

Your facilities are nice. I was a little surprised that Farragut's hitting faciity wasn't an indoor one...must be brutal in December and January. And, the fences were were pretty short on both high school fields we played on - which proved to be an advantage for us!

Oh...Farragut's concessions stand was awesome!

Oerall, a great weekend for everyone to get to know each other better and play some ball.