Seymour vs Carter Thur. @ 7pm

cnpitbull

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday... 4/9/09

Can Seymour overcome the offensive juggernaut that is, Mark Sherrod? Will Carter have an answer defensively for Jacob Lyndsey, Alex Shelton, and Freshman phemom Robel Scott? Only time will tell. Until then, let everyone know how you think this matchup will play out. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday... 4/9/09

Can Seymour overcome the offensive juggernaut that is, Mark Sherrod? Will Carter have an answer defensively for Jacob Lyndsey, Alex Shelton, and Freshman phemom Robel Scott? Only time will tell. Until then, let everyone know how you think this matchup will play out. Good luck to both teams.

It will come down to the wire like always? Good luck to both teams!

Who was the goalie playing this weekend? I have not seen him before.

Carter 4 Seymour 3. I definitely believe that Seymour's offense can get past Carter's defense and will put in at least 2 goals; however, the same goes for Carter. With SHERROD, Grigsby, and Cross, Carter's offense should be able to do the same. I believe it will be a high-scoring and fast-paced game. I believe the question may come down to how the keepers play as well...it will be a good game for the keepers to show their talent and come up with some big saves against some big time players. By the way, where did Jacob Lyndsey play club?

This is an interesting game. In 2008 Home field team lost both times (Carter 2-0 @ Seymour, Seymour 4-3 @ Carter. 2007 Home team lost (Seymour 3-2?? @ Carter). 2006 one tie (1-1 @ Seymour) and home team wins (Carter 4-2 @ Carter). So looking at past history it looks like the home team struggles. I think Sherrod is playing too well right now for Seymour's defense. So i'll say 4-2 Carter.

By the way how is the Seymour's sweeper that was injured doing?

This is an interesting game. In 2008 Home field team lost both times (Carter 2-0 @ Seymour, Seymour 4-3 @ Carter. 2007 Home team lost (Seymour 3-2?? @ Carter). 2006 one tie (1-1 @ Seymour) and home team wins (Carter 4-2 @ Carter). So looking at past history it looks like the home team struggles. I think Sherrod is playing too well right now for Seymour's defense. So i'll say 4-2 Carter.

By the way how is the Seymour's sweeper that was injured doing?

Still injured. Have you seen Seymour's defense?

Very interesting predictions. Personally, I believe a lot of you are selling Seymour's defense a little short. Honestly, if someone besides Sherrod or Grigsby scores for Carter I will be shocked. I'm not sure on Robel's goal count, but I'm certain of his explosiveness and soccer IQ. Shelton and Lyndsey can also hit the back of the net at anytime and all three work well together. Seymour has outscored opponents 25 to 12 with Maryville and Morristown East combining for 7 of the goals against. Inconsistency has plagued them. When it's bad it's really bad, but when it's good it's really good. I'm not sure about the rest of Carter's games, but the three posted on Eurosport have a point total of 8 to 8. If anyone has the point totals for the season I would be interested in seeing them. Sherrod's a beast, but I believe his impact in this game will be minimized comparatively. As a matter of fact, I think Carter should try him out on defense or possibly as keeper for this game. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Ref, if you're referring to Seymour, I know they tried out a very young, but talented Freshman in goal this past weekend in the Sevier County Tournament. I'm interested to see who will be guarding the net come Thursday.

Thanks for the stats, sportsnut. Hopefully the trend continues. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Looked up the scores that the coacht page has and it shows Carter outscoring it opponents 33-6. Who did Eurosport has scoring the goals against Carter? Just curious? 2 of the goals were scored by Hardin Valley, 3 by Jeff county, and 1 by Harriman. I think a big factor for Seymour is to not foul within 25 yards of their own goal. I've seen Sherrod bury a ton of free kicks from that distance. This is going to be an exciting game.

Ref- No I haven't seen Seymour this year, I was just basing my prediction from what I had heard through here.

Looked up the scores that the coacht page has and it shows Carter outscoring it opponents 33-6. Who did Eurosport has scoring the goals against Carter? Just curious? 2 of the goals were scored by Hardin Valley, 3 by Jeff county, and 1 by Harriman. I think a big factor for Seymour is to not foul within 25 yards of their own goal. I've seen Sherrod bury a ton of free kicks from that distance. This is going to be an exciting game.

Ref- No I haven't seen Seymour this year, I was just basing my prediction from what I had heard through here.

Lenoir City 1-1 Webb 3-5 L HVA 4-2 W

Way to blow my point out of the water, sportsnut. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Pitbull or ref...do you know where Lyndsey played club?

No, I don't, but I will try and find out for you.

Lenoir City 1-1 Webb 3-5 L HVA 4-2 W

Way to blow my point out of the water, sportsnut. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lenoir City and Webb I think were scrimmages, but I'm not positive. I'm just here to ruin your posts /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />