Carter and Berean tonight at 6

easttnref

The fact that Seymour doesn't have a "Sherrod" caliber player will be there advantage in this game because in a big game like this, the pressure of scoring is not resting on one guy. I am not saying that Mark is the only one who scores, but he definitely sparks Carter's offense. But, overall I would have to say Carter is a better team because they can posess the ball around the field really well and can create lightning quick counter-attacks and deadly throughballs to Mark or Adam. If you want to shut down Mark, you will also have to shut down Adam because they work together very well. Seymour and Carter are very equally matched, but I would give the edge to Carter.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Seymour doesn't have a "Sherrod" caliber player will be there advantage in this game because in a big game like this, the pressure of scoring is not resting on one guy. I am not saying that Mark is the only one who scores, but he definitely sparks Carter's offense. But, overall I would have to say Carter is a better team because they can posess the ball around the field really well and can create lightning quick counter-attacks and deadly throughballs to Mark or Adam. If you want to shut down Mark, you will also have to shut down Adam because they work together very well. Seymour and Carter are very equally matched, but I would give the edge to Carter.

Possession Team? Really....?

sorry balboa but "The fact that Seymour doesn't have a "Sherrod" caliber player will be there advantage in this game because in a big game like this, the pressure of scoring is not resting on one guy" doesn't make much sence. Who will step up for Seymour in the biggest moment of the year. I think every team needs this type of player. Big time players step up in games that matter. i haven't seen sherrod play since the summer before his freshman year, but i'm going to take a very educated guess (trust me i have keep up with this kid) that he is a big time player and if he was the ONLY scorer on my team then i would gladly have him as my only scorer. He is way to dangerous.... his presence alone has to open oppertunities for others to get better scoring oppurtunties and then in return it works to help him open himself up if he can use his team right. I've been the only offensive presence on a high school team (imagine a diego but not as fast but more on the technical side on the left mid). Good players trive on this "pressure" that you speak of. I lived for it and it's what keeps me coming back for more. i only had to do it one year, where as mark has done it his whole high school career. trust me, the pressure on mark does not add to the disadvantages but will only bring out his best. Should be a good game and great chess match! Good luck to both teams..... and i hope to come out and check this game out. i want to see those Carter seniors who came up to our camp right before they started high school... man has it been that long?

oh and i heard that carter did sign two to come play at UC? is that offical?

sorry balboa but "The fact that Seymour doesn't have a "Sherrod" caliber player will be there advantage in this game because in a big game like this, the pressure of scoring is not resting on one guy" doesn't make much sence. Who will step up for Seymour in the biggest moment of the year. I think every team needs this type of player. Big time players step up in games that matter. i haven't seen sherrod play since the summer before his freshman year, but i'm going to take a very educated guess (trust me i have keep up with this kid) that he is a big time player and if he was the ONLY scorer on my team then i would gladly have him as my only scorer. He is way to dangerous.... his presence alone has to open oppertunities for others to get better scoring oppurtunties and then in return it works to help him open himself up if he can use his team right. I've been the only offensive presence on a high school team (imagine a diego but not as fast but more on the technical side on the left mid). Good players trive on this "pressure" that you speak of. I lived for it and it's what keeps me coming back for more. i only had to do it one year, where as mark has done it his whole high school career. trust me, the pressure on mark does not add to the disadvantages but will only bring out his best. Should be a good game and great chess match! Good luck to both teams..... and i hope to come out and check this game out. i want to see those Carter seniors who came up to our camp right before they started high school... man has it been that long?

Excellent post! Whenever I played sports I lived for the big games. There is just something special about putting that jersey on and having people yelling and going crazy while you play. I only played in front of a few hundred at most, I could only imagine the awesome feeling of playing in front of a Neyland Stadium type crowd.

Yes ref, Carter posess's the ball really well. I have no doubt that Mark will step up and have a good game ucsoccer. Maybe that comment didn't come out exactly right...I was more saying that Seymour has 4 or 5 very solid guys in their offense; whereas, Carter has Mark and 2 other solid offensive threats (Adam and Nick). I think having 4 or 5 solid guys can be an advantage sometimes over 3 very good players, but like you said, it is about who steps up and shows what they can do under pressure. Mark is a great soccer player...I grew up playing with him, and have played against him the past few years. I know that he is a phenominal player, but he too can have an off game every once in a while(...rarely happens with him though /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> ). I hope that makes a little more sense. Ucsoccer, Adam and Nick sign the 21st I believe.

great reply balboa and that does give more more insight to your first post and better understanding of what point you were trying to get across. i do some what agree, but i would still take mark and his two wingman (is what it seems to be indicated by other post) over the talented organized strike of the 5 or 6........ ONLY at the high school level. Mark makes a coaching job easy. A target forward that big and posses the smooth footskills that can finish is very close to being irreplacable at the college level and at the high school level he is rare. He has the two intangibles that would make it so simple to play a 5-4-1 or a 4-5-1. Never really heard of Mark having problems finding the back of the net, REF constantly states the problems that seymour has finishing (I've been there and it is the worst feeling ever). At a high school level Mark and two talented players trump that of a skilled attack by 5 players, Carter is allowed (i would encouarge this to give more room uptop for sherrod) to hold more defenders back in better deffinsive shape. I think this style could be most effect and Carter has the perfect player to allow this system to work. Regardless, Carter can attack with less and probolly be just as effective (Does carter use this to their advantage? i have no clue because i have not seen them play). Carter seems like they could counter better and faster, if seymour pushes those numbers then look out for mismatches with sherrod on a counter.

I was looking at some of the pictures I took at that camp. Those young men looked so young. That was really a good camp for us. And what a beautiful campus.

great reply balboa and that does give more more insight to your first post and better understanding of what point you were trying to get across. i do some what agree, but i would still take mark and his two wingman (is what it seems to be indicated by other post) over the talented organized strike of the 5 or 6........ ONLY at the high school level. Mark makes a coaching job easy. A target forward that big and posses the smooth footskills that can finish is very close to being irreplacable at the college level and at the high school level he is rare. He has the two intangibles that would make it so simple to play a 5-4-1 or a 4-5-1. Never really heard of Mark having problems finding the back of the net, REF constantly states the problems that seymour has finishing (I've been there and it is the worst feeling ever). At a high school level Mark and two talented players trump that of a skilled attack by 5 players, Carter is allowed (i would encouarge this to give more room uptop for sherrod) to hold more defenders back in better deffinsive shape. I think this style could be most effect and Carter has the perfect player to allow this system to work. Regardless, Carter can attack with less and probolly be just as effective (Does carter use this to their advantage? i have no clue because i have not seen them play). Carter seems like they could counter better and faster, if seymour pushes those numbers then look out for mismatches with sherrod on a counter.

You don't even know what you are talking about, but keep on....

i'm confused by your reply ref? do you want me to go on or is that just a tug on my string? and if you really do want me to go on what do i go on about?

and for what i do not know can you please enlighten me? i do not know if my whole statement is irrational or just parts. if it has to do with how carter really plays or the type of player mark is then i have no response... what i said is based on what i have heard and saw of mark when he was a freshman. i have only created an image based on those two things and my whole how they play is how i would set my system up and not how they really play. like i said it's been years since ive seen them play.

just confussed

oh and how do you know neto? do you ref at the college level as well? if so do you ref all classifcations (NAIA, D-I, D-II, and D-III, or even juco)?