Wendy`s Elite ?

I want to know if Wendy`s is a real AAU team or if they just say it is?? I would like to know what teams are real AAU teams. We are thinking about moving into the Lenoir City area and I want my daughter on the best AAU team. I would also like input on High school teams. She will be a freshman and she is a great point guard. MVP, most points scored and team captain of her middle school team in Alabama. They also won state. We have friends in the LC area and know a little about LC high need more info PLease!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats is hard to say for allot of people without seeing a kid play. Do you want a good local AAU team, A good State team or a good National team? They are not one in the same. Girls B-Ball is at a different level in Tn. when compared to allot of other states. An MVP from somewhere else ,may not even be able to make a State team . Some clubs are national at 1 age group and only ok in another.

I havent ever seen the Wendy's team at any tournament I have been at, so I cant comment on them. But if she is as good as you say, then you may be driving several hours each week to play on "the best" team. Whats your goal for her? to get better or play 2 or 3 minutes a game on a great established team? Costs the same. As far as National teams? Depends on her age, I am assuming 13 or 14u..Several good teams that age but none real close by LC. Knoxville has allot of clubs which is kinda close,The next closest good teams that age are in the Chattanooga/Cleveland area.After that you have to go to Middle Tn towards Nashville. A knoxville Club would probably be your best best.

We have 3 classifications in Tn for public high school ball. AAA,AA,A ,then the private schools. Oak Ridge has been the dominant Girls team closest to that area in AAA,maybe to far to drive, In AA McMinn Central has been very soild but again that would be to far of a drive. In A class, nowhere within a couple hours.

As far as LCHS, they have had a few lean years. Maybe a great player is all they need.

TN. Xtreme out of Chattanooga / Cleveland has pretty good teams in 13u and 14u for AAU at a State and National Level. They also have some Division II teams in AAU who stay within the State to play and are competitive. As for the high schools in that area Loudon seems to be getting better but the last post is on the money about Oak Ridge and McMinn Central being tops. As for Wendy's Elite, they host alot of tournaments but have never played at a AAU State or National event that I know of just tournament in their area.

If your from Alabama did you play for the Twisters, Southern Starz or Alabama Elite???

There the only groups from that area who play at a State and National Level.

Good Luck on your search. You can find information on most of the tennessee AAU teams @ http://www.tngirlsbasketball.net/

Thats is hard to say for allot of people without seeing a kid play. Do you want a good local AAU team, A good State team or a good National team? They are not one in the same. Girls B-Ball is at a different level in Tn. when compared to allot of other states. An MVP from somewhere else ,may not even be able to make a State team . Some clubs are national at 1 age group and only ok in another.

I havent ever seen the Wendy's team at any tournament I have been at, so I cant comment on them. But if she is as good as you say, then you may be driving several hours each week to play on "the best" team. Whats your goal for her? to get better or play 2 or 3 minutes a game on a great established team? Costs the same. As far as National teams? Depends on her age, I am assuming 13 or 14u..Several good teams that age but none real close by LC. Knoxville has allot of clubs which is kinda close,The next closest good teams that age are in the Chattanooga/Cleveland area.After that you have to go to Middle Tn towards Nashville. A knoxville Club would probably be your best best.

We have 3 classifications in Tn for public high school ball. AAA,AA,A ,then the private schools. Oak Ridge has been the dominant Girls team closest to that area in AAA,maybe to far to drive, In AA McMinn Central has been very soild but again that would be to far of a drive. In A class, nowhere within a couple hours.

As far as LCHS, they have had a few lean years. Maybe a great player is all they need.

Thanks for the info, we want her to play not sit.

TN. Xtreme out of Chattanooga / Cleveland has pretty good teams in 13u and 14u for AAU at a State and National Level. They also have some Division II teams in AAU who stay within the State to play and are competitive. As for the high schools in that area Loudon seems to be getting better but the last post is on the money about Oak Ridge and McMinn Central being tops. As for Wendy's Elite, they host alot of tournaments but have never played at a AAU State or National event that I know of just tournament in their area.

If your from Alabama did you play for the Twisters, Southern Starz or Alabama Elite???

There the only groups from that area who play at a State and National Level.

Good Luck on your search. You can find information on most of the tennessee AAU teams @ http://www.tngirlsbasketball.net/

[ /quote

Thanks for the info, hearing lots of BAD things about LC (Coach) I don`t want my daughter playing for a coach that uses bad language and puts the girls down. I guess Knoxville or Oak Ridge would be better.

I want to know if Wendy`s is a real AAU team or if they just say it is?? I would like to know what teams are real AAU teams. We are thinking about moving into the Lenoir City area and I want my daughter on the best AAU team. I would also like input on High school teams. She will be a freshman and she is a great point guard. MVP, most points scored and team captain of her middle school team in Alabama. They also won state. We have friends in the LC area and know a little about LC high need more info PLease!!!

Email me at rickscarbrough@tnladydawgz.com, we added 14U and 15U this year to our already established 16U. Would be happy to see your daughter work out and give you advice. Our 16U just returned from Huntsville, AL SRT. We qualified for nationals by going 4-0, three of the wins were against Twisters, Southern Starz, and Alabama Elite. Our 14U went 2-2. One of their wins were against Team Pride. Our 15U will be competing D2 this year. Just started them out too late.

Alot of good clubs around that I have alot of respect for who do it the right way. You should be able to find your daughter a good club. Like the previous post, it depends what you are wanting for your girl. If she can play, she will not have trouble finding a place to play.

• 2 weeks later...

TN Attack is a newly formed team. They are coached by former Lady Vol, Courtney McDaniel. They went undefeated this weekend at the AAU East Division I sub-state. They played Tennessee Xtreme, Lady Trotters, and Tennessee Sparks to fight their way to being the champs. Go to www.tnattack.com to get further information.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm Greg Ledbetter, program director for Wendy's Elite Girls basketball. Wendy's Elite is not a registered AAU team. We are a local organization that keeps girls from Lenoir City and play in local tournaments. It allow girls who wouldn't get the opportunity to play for an elite AAU team to be apart of the spring ball.

I spoke to Joe Lee, Lenoir City HS coach, about your daughter and he would like to speak with you. If you like, you can give me your number or I'll give you his. 865-742-5125

Thanks,

Greg Ledbetter

Program Director

Wendy's Elite Girls Basketball

865-591-4802

www.eteamz.com/wendyselitebasketball

Hello!

I'm Greg Ledbetter, program director for Wendy's Elite Girls basketball. Wendy's Elite is not a registered AAU team. We are a local organization that keeps girls from Lenoir City and play in local tournaments. It allow girls who wouldn't get the opportunity to play for an elite AAU team to be apart of the spring ball.

I spoke to Joe Lee, Lenoir City HS coach, about your daughter and he would like to speak with you. If you like, you can give me your number or I'll give you his. 865-742-5125

Thanks,

Greg Ledbetter

Program Director

Wendy's Elite Girls Basketball

865-591-4802

www.eteamz.com/wendyselitebasketball

I will NOT be sending my daughter to Lenoir City High!!! I don`t know why anyone would send there child to that school. I have talked to people in Knoxville, Maryville, Oak Ridge and other towns who say LC has a bad problem and my child will not be part of such a mess!!! I hear he does not follow any rules!!!

There are several good clubs in the area. There is no one club that is good (or the best) at every age. Check the TN Girls Basketball site and see who won the Sub-states and start there. Just do your homework and pick the team that best fits your situation. 12u top teams: TN Threat, KGC, or Lady Trotters. 13u top teams: TN Team Hustle, TN Attack, Lady Trotters. 14u top team: TN Xtreme with Tn Team Hustle a distant second. 15u top team: Knoxville Lady Panthers with TN Attack a distant second.