Region 2-AA

OSHSman

With the way Sweetwater is playing, going to be a battle to get past the 'Cats this year. I would have to give Rockwood an edge against Oliver Springs this year. Last year, I thought the Tigers played them mighty hard and with all the losses OS had, Rockwood should have a slight edge. Plus, they have got to be feeling real good after taking care of Wartburg so easily.

Anyway, it's going to be a heckuva game.

I am thinking it may be a battle for second between O.S. and Rockwood this year. Harriman, Alcoa, and Wartburg are all down right now. Sweetwater is unbelievably good. I am not saying O.S./Rockwood can't take them here in a few weeks, but it would be really hard. Week four down here in O.S. may be the game for second. I think that game is pretty even. If Rockwood can't come with a lot of fan support I think that might give O.S. that little bit they need to win the game.

I believe its 1.) Sweetwater, 2.) Rockwood, 3.) Wartburg, 4.) Oliver Springs, 5.) Alcoa and 6.) Harriman. I really thought Rockwood and Wartburg would be a great game, but the Tigers dominated and they could easily beat Sweetwater. Remember the Wildcats beat the Tigers last year 38-35 on the last play of the game and Rockwood had 2-3 starters out. I think OS will get their first test of the season Friday night against Smith County because Lenoir City is down this year from last year and we all know about Harriman's problems. The Devils haven't scored in three years against OS or Kingston.

[Edited by goosevol on 9-7-02 3:01P]

Guest coachingwiz

I feel that personel matchups are a key in this Region and also in Roane County. I feel that OS has a better chance of beating Kingston then Rockwook does. But Rockwood might have an advantage over OS. Speed is hard to overcome but OS can usually have a defensive scheme that Jones and Johnson and EL do a good job preparing for when playing fast teams although OS has less speed then most teams in east TN. I think the Rockwood-OS game will be easier to predict after this weeks games to see how both Rockwood and OS do against legit competition. one team could be more hungry after getting embarrased or real confident and the other might suffer a devistating lost that might take some excitement and pop out of the players heart. Sweetwater sounds good and I think it's safe to say oncew again Region 2AA has proven why it's the best overall region in the state. Alcoa is young and sweetwater takes it's place in respect from all of TN. Rockwood is up and OS is it's usual 2nd or 3rd best team in Region. Too bad playoff system can't change so Region 2 doesn't have to put each other out before final 4!!