How will MBA look in 2009?

MBA43

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No out-of-state teams this year? I always looked forward to MBA representing Tennessee in years past. I enjoyed seeing MBA beat the likes of Moeller, Trinity, and Bolles in years past. I hope they pick one up next year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both BA and MUS are taking on Olive Branch this year? Should be some good games.

No out-of-state teams this year? I always looked forward to MBA representing Tennessee in years past. I enjoyed seeing MBA beat the likes of Moeller, Trinity, and Bolles in years past. I hope they pick one up next year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both BA and MUS are taking on Olive Branch this year? Should be some good games.

MUS is playing both South Panola and Olive Branch this year. OB is pretty loaded. This might be the year they actually beat South Panola though they say that year after year. Kudos to the Owls. Clearly no scheduling fear whatsoever. BA is scheduled to travel to OB as well.

Speaking of no scheduling fear, DI Millington is playing MUS as well and hosting Olive Branch as well.

MUS is playing both South Panola and Olive Branch this year. OB is pretty loaded. This might be the year they actually beat South Panola though they say that year after year. Kudos to the Owls. Clearly no scheduling fear whatsoever. BA is scheduled to travel to OB as well.

Speaking of no scheduling fear, DI Millington is playing MUS as well and hosting Olive Branch as well.

Those should all be good games to watch. This might actually be the year OB beats S. Panola. The Tigers appear to be down a bit this year, but, like you said, they say that every year. The team to beat in Mississippi is going to be Madison Central.

MBA will be led by and depend heavily on seniors: Luke Colbert (QB), John Fitz Lassing (LB/FB), Brad Bars(LB), William Tanner(WR). This team will do alright, but lacks the grit and determination as well as the overall physicality that most MBA teams possess... This team is softer than what the Big Red normally puts out there from what I hear. It's going to be up to the seniors to determine what kind of season they want to have. Coach McGugin is a great young coach, maybe he can get them going.

• 5 weeks later...

I was at the Wilson Central Justice Jamboree today and I stayed to watch MBA and I was not impressed. I left after the first quarter because it was so boring. Sure they got a touchdown on their first possession, but it was just boring to watch. They weren't throwing the ball great and they weren't fast enough to bounce out to the sides on their hand offs. It was like watching mediocre high school football, not typical MBA football. They just ran it up the middle on every single play. They have the size, but from what I saw they lack the speed.

I was at the Wilson Central Justice Jamboree today and I stayed to watch MBA and I was not impressed. I left after the first quarter because it was so boring. Sure they got a touchdown on their first possession, but it was just boring to watch. They weren't throwing the ball great and they weren't fast enough to bounce out to the sides on their hand offs. It was like watching mediocre high school football, not typical MBA football. They just ran it up the middle on every single play. They have the size, but from what I saw they lack the speed.

What was the final? I heard a final of like 28-3 or 35-3. Or maybe that was the scrimmage Thursday.

That was MBA's second team defense and second team qb, rbs, and wrs. The only first team was the offensive line.