tullahoma baseball whats happened

tigerjcjrjk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Columbia Guy

Many times parents and fans don't see the whole picture. In the case of this years Tullahoma Wildcat Baseball Team your comments are 100% on target. Little League and Babe Ruth Baseball are in no way close to AAA High School Baseball and for this reason to compare them is not Fair or Right to do this to the fine Coaches of Tullahoma Wildcat Baseball. The coaching staff at Tullahoma High Baseball is a very good and hard working staff. All three coaches played college baseball and have forgotten more baseball than most parents will ever know. The senior class of this team has always under achieved. I know for a fact that the coaching staff have put in many long hours with this team this year and the kids keep on making the same mistakes over and over. Also this team is lacking leadership from its senior and junior players. If there is a answer to this question I'm going to answer it like this. If you are a player or parent then look in the mirror because the problem with this years team started many years ago. It just didn't happen overnight. No matter how hard the coaches work they cannot overcome whats taken place with these senior and junior players over the last 7-8 years. Also there are supposed to be better players coming up in the sophmore and freshman class but we'll all have to wait see. Will they take to the coaching or will they follow down the path the present Senior and Junior class has chosen to take and stay on. Remember the Coaches can't catch the ball and throw for them in the games. The coaches can't swing the bat for them in the game or run the bases for them in the game. The coaches haven't made all these errors that have cost this team more than half their games they have lost. Remember what I said! Look In The Mirror People! That's how it started and Thats the only way It will Better. It starts with you and your childs committment to give 100% to Tullahoma High School Baseball.

Very good post from Tullahoma guy. Anonymous letters from parents hurts the moral of the team. Put your name behind these letters or quit sending them out. I agree that there is not any leadership from the upper classmen on this team. The coaches work as hard as any coaching staff I've seen in a long time. Tullahoma has lost some close games that could have gone either way. I've seen too many runners picked off, when they weren't even trying to steal. Better days are ahead for this program. It would be so easy at this point for the coaching staff to write off this season, especially since there are so many detractors out there. I appreciate the fact that the coaches haven't quit and continue to work hard to make this team better.

Very good post from Tullahoma guy. Anonymous letters from parents hurts the moral of the team. Put your name behind these letters or quit sending them out. I agree that there is not any leadership from the upper classmen on this team. The coaches work as hard as any coaching staff I've seen in a long time. Tullahoma has lost some close games that could have gone either way. I've seen too many runners picked off, when they weren't even trying to steal. Better days are ahead for this program. It would be so easy at this point for the coaching staff to write off this season, especially since there are so many detractors out there. I appreciate the fact that the coaches haven't quit and continue to work hard to make this team better.

Well said!!!

You of all people know how hard the coaching staff is working and will continue to work. It is a honor for my son to be choosen to wear that shirt; and I tell him that ever chance I get. Great things are ahead for this program because this staff is not one to throw in the towel. When I have been at games the team we are playing their fans are always talking about how our coaching staff is coaching the players during the game to help them to try to win.

again people who want to talk about what kids do in little leage and Babe Ruth have no idea how hard it is to play in 8AAA Baseball with out 100% dedication from Playes, parents and the school adminstration.

When is the last time that Tullahoma competed for a state championship in a male sport? Tullahoma could be a real gold mine for both academics and athletics but the problems are to numerous to list on this board. Look at how bad Tullahoma is in football, basketball, wrestling, baseball, etc... To fix the problem you probably need to clean house starting at the top and work your way down & make major changes to your coaching staff. Winning is an attitude and everyone in the school needs to be on the same page!!

When is the last time that Tullahoma competed for a state championship in a male sport? Tullahoma could be a real gold mine for both academics and athletics but the problems are to numerous to list on this board. Look at how bad Tullahoma is in football, basketball, wrestling, baseball, etc... To fix the problem you probably need to clean house starting at the top and work your way down & make major changes to your coaching staff. Winning is an attitude and everyone in the school needs to be on the same page!!

06 in baseball

Tullahoma is real bad in football, 15 winning seasons in the last 17 years and wrestling, Region champs 3 years ago and runner-up the last two years. Where have you been? We had a state champion in wrestling in 08.

You for sure don't know what your talking about. It seems to me that you have hard feelings aganist somrthing or some one at Tullahoma High School. How can you make a statement like that! Only someone that knows nothing about Tullahoma Athletics would make a STUPID STATEMENT Like that!!!! Get A Life its only High School athletics. To say you need to start at the top with Coach Mathis and work your way down to clean house only someone that has no idea about the Athleic Program would write or utter a statement like that. Its people / fans like you that are causing all the problems with High School Athletics.

I saw one of the boys from Tullahoma foul a ball back and break (or what looked like it would break) his eye socket. How is he doing?

He came back and played some this week in a pinch hitter/ base runner role for the wildcats. That was a scary moment. He got out lucky for what could have happened. the wildcats have had more than their share of injuries this year.

Thanks for asking about the young man.