tullahoma baseball whats happened

tigerjcjrjk

Great Observation slider77!

What I've noticed that the order they fall in is #1. Perfume, #2. Car Keys & then #3. Curve Bal !!!!

Many Ball players with alot of talent have fell under the spell of perfume.

This just in Tullahoma 5, Lawrence Co. 4. Big win for the Cats. This Team and the Coaching Staff were way over due to win a close Game.

Go Cats tomorrow night. Get the SWEEP!

Congrats to GREAT coaching Staff and T-Town Kids.

I know they have worked hard. The town needs to be supportive because they are lucky to have Coach White as their baseball coach!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many times parents and fans don't see the whole picture. In the case of this years Tullahoma Wildcat Baseball Team your comments are 100% on target. Little League and Babe Ruth Baseball are in no way close to AAA High School Baseball and for this reason to compare them is not Fair or Right to do this to the fine Coaches of Tullahoma Wildcat Baseball. The coaching staff at Tullahoma High Baseball is a very good and hard working staff. All three coaches played college baseball and have forgotten more baseball than most parents will ever know. The senior class of this team has always under achieved. I know for a fact that the coaching staff have put in many long hours with this team this year and the kids keep on making the same mistakes over and over. Also this team is lacking leadership from its senior and junior players. If there is a answer to this question I'm going to answer it like this. If you are a player or parent then look in the mirror because the problem with this years team started many years ago. It just didn't happen overnight. No matter how hard the coaches work they cannot overcome whats taken place with these senior and junior players over the last 7-8 years. Also there are supposed to be better players coming up in the sophmore and freshman class but we'll all have to wait see. Will they take to the coaching or will they follow down the path the present Senior and Junior class has chosen to take and stay on. Remember the Coaches can't catch the ball and throw for them in the games. The coaches can't swing the bat for them in the game or run the bases for them in the game. The coaches haven't made all these errors that have cost this team more than half their games they have lost. Remember what I said! Look In The Mirror People! That's how it started and Thats the only way It will Better. It starts with you and your childs committment to give 100% to Tullahoma High School Baseball.

Tullahoma Guy, you are hitting the nail on the head. I think I will try to hit it a little harder. The problems run a little deeper than this but here is the largest part. The problem started back in 2000 in Little League but didn't come to light until recent years. Most people in Tullahoma do not know this but my son Derek played T-ball in Tullahoma National in 98 & 99. We were granted an administrative waiver since we live in Manchester's zone. When the decision was made in 2000 to remove nine year olds from Major Little League and keep them down in the Minor League we chose to go back to Manchester because they let nine year olds stay up. I've always believed that the best way to become a better player is to play up against better competition. This doesn't happen when you stay down and lose a year of development in order to "shine." The results of this decision started showing the very next year when Manchester 9&10 year olds won the district and ultimately won state. This began an unprecedented run of 5 consecutive years of district titles for Manchester. I don't know exactly what year it was that Tullahoma Little League brought nine year olds back into the Major Little League level, '04 or '05, but the decision started to pay immediate dividends and I believe there are 4 state titles to prove it. Two 9&10 titles and two 11&12 titles. So, do I think all this is coincidental? Absolutely not!! The current Senior & Junior classes did not play in Little League as nine year olds. A majority of the sophomore class did play as nine year olds if they were in the American League and I think it is safe to say that all the freshman played as nine year olds.

I have coached against most of these players as an all-star or middle school coach and the talent is there and I think better days are ahead.

As a footnote, Manchester Little League separated 9&10 year olds from 11&12 year olds this year. It will be interesting to see how competitive they are in 3 to 4 years. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thanks for the post. That is someting that I had not thought about with all the distractions that have been taking place. Your observation makes me as a fan and a parent feel much better about what is ahead for this team. This has been a very tough year for this team, fans & espically for the coaching staff. Only a few fans/parents really know how hard the coaches have been working; and want to give them the credit they deserve. They lost a game tonight that they had battled back in after getting in a big hole early. Again thanks for your insight on this. I hope everyone who reads this and sees that there is no advantge to holding back kids in a classifaction just so they can win because it will catch up to them on down the line.

Keep your heads up Tullahoma Wildcat Baseball Players, Coaches, Parents and Fans. Whether you realize or not Tullahoma has one of the BEST Young Head Coaches and coaching staffs that you could have. No one will out work them. Better days are ahead. Don't Give Up!

What you do in those leagues means nothing. They are young and not as talented as everyone else. If they are patient, they will be better next year.

I am responding to Tullahoma guy. I am appalled at your post. It is not ok to call any player/student an underachiever.I am the mom of a senior Tullahoma Wildcat and I know he is proud to be member of this team.I want to begin to explain just why he and the other seniors on this team ARE NOT underachievers. To begin with my son and at least one other senior have a 4.0 GPA and are National Honor Society members. Also one of these seniors is going to Walters State on a BASEBALL SCHOLARSHIP. Another senior is going to attend David Lipscomb Universtity. The remaining senior has a good GPA and I am sure he will be playing baseball at the college level. I think it is very safe to say that those are not qualities of underachievers. They have tried to lead but when no one is listening it makes matters difficult.They go to practice each and every day giving 100% just like the freshman, sophomores and juniors. I say that because I truly feel these guys give it there all- all of them.All of these players to into each game wanting a win. They do not go out there to try to lose a game.My son is a reflection of me and I am not ashamed to say that. I have watched him and a few more handle some very difficult sitations this year and they handled it all with great character.You may think these seniors are underachievers but you are so wrong. While these seniors may not be as talented as some baseball players from the past, they are great students, teammates, sons and friends. It has no doubt been a difficult season--FOR EVERYONE. However, we are a TEAM. In order to get through this season we must remain a team. That means no ditching players..PERIOD..whether you refer to a particular class or a particular player.They need some positivity not negativity.GO WILDCATS..WE ARE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY!

Its got to be tough to be a part of the T-town team right now, things are coming around though. Lack of leadership could just be that the kids aren't enjoying the game at all. You know the old saying happy workers are productive workers... Well no player on Tullahoma can possibly be happy making most players unproductive.

About the little leagues and babe ruth... are they not playing the same kids as they were then? I understand people quit and new players come but it shouldn't be this bad.

I do not have an iron in this fire at this particular moment. This is my first post, and I have not lived in Tullahoma for very long.....so be easy on me!! As I have read these posts I agree and disagree with alot of the things that are written. I understand that LL/BR are nowhere near the level of competition of high school baseball, but they are your feeder programs for the high school. You would think that if we are having success in the feeder programs that we would also have success at the high school level. I chose to respond to this particular post because it uses the phrase "people quit". I also see the phrase being used alot in reference to players being 100% committed. I have noticed that alot of baseball players do not play other sports....why is that??? I cannot name a 3 sports athlete in our high school.....why is that??? Are you not committed unless baseball is your only sport?? or football or basketball?? My question is.......are the better players having to select or narrow down there athletic choices because they would be considered "not being 100% committed" because they play other sports??? The city I moved from had at least a half a dozen 3 sport athletes in almost every class. Just something to think about.

I do not have an iron in this fire at this particular moment. This is my first post, and I have not lived in Tullahoma for very long.....so be easy on me!! As I have read these posts I agree and disagree with alot of the things that are written. I understand that LL/BR are nowhere near the level of competition of high school baseball, but they are your feeder programs for the high school. You would think that if we are having success in the feeder programs that we would also have success at the high school level. I chose to respond to this particular post because it uses the phrase "people quit". I also see the phrase being used alot in reference to players being 100% committed. I have noticed that alot of baseball players do not play other sports....why is that??? I cannot name a 3 sports athlete in our high school.....why is that??? Are you not committed unless baseball is your only sport?? or football or basketball?? My question is.......are the better players having to select or narrow down there athletic choices because they would be considered "not being 100% committed" because they play other sports??? The city I moved from had at least a half a dozen 3 sport athletes in almost every class. Just something to think about.

I know the Baseball Coach does not demand that his players play only baseball. You'll have to ask the other coaches of football and basketball what they are telling their players. But I would think a player would have a better chance to excel if he/she has a lot of athletic ability and only pays and trains for that onbe sport. I think most of the problems in High School Athletics is that parents all believe their son/daughter will be the next three sport STAR!!!

By doing that they are putting alot of undue pressure on them!

Being a former baseball player under the former coach and a football player under the other, I can say it was never discussed for me to play just one sport. And I played with several people that played multiple sports at the time. But there weren't many 3 sport athletes then either that I can recall, and if they were, it was track in the spring.

With how the seasons are its too difficult to play and start in all 3 sports. Basketball season WAY overlaps baseball, if your football is good, it overlaps basketball quite a bit, track and baseball same season, golf and football same season. I think there was a post about this earlier saying baseball season should start later and basketball postseason should go quicker. But it is another post and has not much to do with why Tullahoma is 5 & a lot.

And as for "people quit" and 100% commitment - those who stay do commit to play baseball, its why their still playing... people can shine in little league and lose love for the game and then quit in high school when other people start becoming better than them.

I know the Baseball Coach does not demand that his players play only baseball. You'll have to ask the other coaches of football and basketball what they are telling their players. But I would think a player would have a better chance to excel if he/she has a lot of athletic ability and only pays and trains for that onbe sport. I think most of the problems in High School Athletics is that parents all believe their son/daughter will be the next three sport STAR!!!

By doing that they are putting alot of undue pressure on them!

I have read all of the responses to my post, and I appreciate all of you being easy on me. I can agree with the reasons about the overlapping seasons. Football and basketball are not too bad, but I will definately have to agree with the basketball and baseball scenario. I moved here from the north, and our baseball started much later so it was not much of a problem. I was just curious and wanted to ask TullahomaGuy a question.......If you play all 3 sports do you really have to be considered a star??? Can you not be a solid "role player" in all three sports and contribute to your team??? Or do you have to be a "star" to even be considered worthy to play all three??? As far as me being a parent......I do not pressure my child. I believe if my child enjoys the game, has fun, and is willing to practice and work at it on their own....they should play if they want to. I just hope that the "role player" kid does not get slighted or judged because he or she plays other sports, and that a coach would not question the kids commitment and evaluate that child differently.

I have read all of the responses to my post, and I appreciate all of you being easy on me. I can agree with the reasons about the overlapping seasons. Football and basketball are not too bad, but I will definately have to agree with the basketball and baseball scenario. I moved here from the north, and our baseball started much later so it was not much of a problem. I was just curious and wanted to ask TullahomaGuy a question.......If you play all 3 sports do you really have to be considered a star??? Can you not be a solid "role player" in all three sports and contribute to your team??? Or do you have to be a "star" to even be considered worthy to play all three??? As far as me being a parent......I do not pressure my child. I believe if my child enjoys the game, has fun, and is willing to practice and work at it on their own....they should play if they want to. I just hope that the "role player" kid does not get slighted or judged because he or she plays other sports, and that a coach would not question the kids commitment and evaluate that child differently.

I didn't mean in my post that the kids have to be a STAR in all sports that they play. What I meant and I thought I made my self clear was that in my many years watching, coaching and playing sports my observation is this. Very seldom does a true three sport or even a two sport star come along. Even though alot of parents are drilling this into their kids mind soon after the start playing the game. I don't think we have that at THS though I may be wrong about this year. From observation sitting and watching the Wildcats play this year here is what I see. Bryant is a gifited player; but he has been under so much pressure this year trying to do so much it has hurt him. Very seldom has he had the luxury of pitching in games where he has had the lead. His junior year he was also swinging the bat much better. He is still the STAR of the team even though his junior year was better than his senior season. The rest of the team is at best players that have been asked by Coach White and his staff to play a role or sometimes even two to three different role. This will help next years team and his teams for years to come. What has hurt this years team is that the players more often than not were not playing their roles " Making So Many Errors" during the game. Anyone who knows much about baseball and this years THS baseball Team knew this was the start of the rebuilding of the baseball team. Most of the pieces are in place. A very good Head Caoach and Coaching Staff, The younger players that are coming in"Freshman and Sophmores from this years team. Also something we have not dicussed the summer ball team that Coach White puts together will also be a big help to next years THS Baseball program. I see a lot of oppourtinites for parents and fans to help with the start of getting THS baseball back. Will the parents and fans make the right decision to support the Team or will the continue to be part of the problem. Parents let the kids play, Sit in the stands and enjoy the games. Let the coaching staff do the job they have been hired to do. Great Times are ahead for this program if your smart enough to "PLAY THE ROLE YOU ARE ASKED TO PLAY!!!!!" Playeres listen to what your coaches are telling you and practice hard so when your in the game you can play that role/position that has been assigned to you by the coaches. Parents know your role and be a TEAM PLAYER also. This is the only way we can be a success. GO THS WILDCATS!!!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> WOW! We moved from T Town to a school that LOVES 3 sport athletes. We may play ball down in the middle of a cow pasture, but it isn't stinking like T Town programs......LOL.