Softball Pitchers

warrior91

Best in the area.... Maise Richardson. My daughter played on a team with her two years ago and she was a strong very dependable pitcher and hitter. Now there is NO stopping her! She is a catch for any college. Has anyone else caught a peek at her? Marion County has 1 thing going for thier softball program and that is her at least for 2 more years!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not mocking anyone all I know is that I have seen her grown into the sport, work hard and prove herself over and over again. Unfortunatly in this and alot of other small towns if you dont have, "the name" then the credit is given else where! She deserves to be looked at seriously by colleges interested in having some dedication. I just give recongintion where it is deserved. I dont have a player for marion this year but I enjoy going to the games and watching her throw those strikes and hit those homers!

Last time I watched a softball game, there were 9 players on the field at a time. To me, that means it takes ALL of the players, even thoughs yelling from the dugout to win games. Coaches put players in positions to make the strongest team possible. That is what I have seen from the MC coaches this year. We may not always agree with decisions coaches make and we may not always respect the coaches. However, we should respect ALL players, by not dissing the other Lady Warriors to bust their tales. Oh and what homeruns are you talking about?

I have seen Maise pitch for several years now and she is a fine player and a nice young lady. With continued work and preparation, she could develope into one of the areas best pitchers. With that being said, Maise needs to generate more arm speed and become more consistent with her other pitches. There is a fine line between a decent high school pitcher and a dominant hurler. I wish nothing but the best for Maise, but lets be realistic when making such provacative claims.

Last time I watched a softball game, there were 9 players on the field at a time. To me, that means it takes ALL of the players, even thoughs yelling from the dugout to win games. Coaches put players in positions to make the strongest team possible. That is what I have seen from the MC coaches this year. We may not always agree with decisions coaches make and we may not always respect the coaches. However, we should respect ALL players, by not dissing the other Lady Warriors to bust their tales. Oh and what homeruns are you talking about?

You are right, it does take 9 or in our case 10 players in the lineup at a time. And while Maisie has struggled at times with her bat she has indeed been our most consistent pitcher. Don't get me wrong they have all had their moments but she has been the most consistent. And as far as respecting our players goes, I wouldn't preach and then make a sarcastic comment with my last statement. One would view you as hypocritical, and thats being nice.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And just so you know, she did hit a couple last year and if she were given the same opportunity as some of the others she may find her stride again!

I have seen Maise pitch for several years now and she is a fine player and a nice young lady. With continued work and preparation, she could develope into one of the areas best pitchers. With that being said, Maise needs to generate more arm speed and become more consistent with her other pitches. There is a fine line between a decent high school pitcher and a dominant hurler. I wish nothing but the best for Maise, but lets be realistic when making such provacative claims.

While the claims may be provocative, the honest truth of the matter is that there is no dominant pitcher in the valley. There are several good pitchers in the valley but none are dominant. None have the dominant arm speed and none are consistent enough to carry their respective teams to the promised land....And take it for what it is, one persons opinion. If I am not mistaken that is the purpose of these boards, and everyone else is entitled to theirs as well. If you think someone else is a better pitcher in the area then state it, and don't knock a kid personally because you don't agree with someone else's opinion... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

While the claims may be provocative, the honest truth of the matter is that there is no dominant pitcher in the valley. There are several good pitchers in the valley but none are dominant. None have the dominant arm speed and none are consistent enough to carry their respective teams to the promised land....And take it for what it is, one persons opinion. If I am not mistaken that is the purpose of these boards, and everyone else is entitled to theirs as well. If you think someone else is a better pitcher in the area then state it, and don't knock a kid personally because you don't agree with someone else's opinion... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First of all, the forum we are in is titled Pitchers in the AREA, not VALLEY. Second, Show me in my post where I knocked the kid, and finally: 1. Katie Henderson, Boyd Buchanan, 2. Jennifer Long, CCS, 3. Carmen Wooden, South Pittsburg......etc.... I could go on and on. It should be noted that #1 and #3 are Freshman. Before you start flying off the handle, double check your facts. Pride is a tough thing to swallow sometimes!

First of all, the forum we are in is titled Pitchers in the AREA, not VALLEY. Second, Show me in my post where I knocked the kid, and finally: 1. Katie Henderson, Boyd Buchanan, 2. Jennifer Long, CCS, 3. Carmen Wooden, South Pittsburg......etc.... I could go on and on. It should be noted that #1 and #3 are Freshman. Before you start flying off the handle, double check your facts. Pride is a tough thing to swallow sometimes!

You may need to check your facts as far as the pitchers you have mentioned. Of the three, none of them have had success against good teams. And I know that #1 and #3 are freshmen and #2 is a senior, but that doesn't make them stars. And the thread is titled "Pitchers in the LOCAL area". Local for me and you, would be the valley. And when you name kids personally you are making it personal. Whether that was your intention or not isn't the point. You named her by name and then gave your opinion for why she is not one of the good pitchers in the AREA. And then you name three more girls of which only 1 of them throws much harder and none of them have any more pitches. So maybe you need to check your facts before you fly off the handle.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You may need to check your facts as far as the pitchers you have mentioned. Of the three, none of them have had success against good teams. And I know that #1 and #3 are freshmen and #2 is a senior, but that doesn't make them stars. And the thread is titled "Pitchers in the LOCAL area". Local for me and you, would be the valley. And when you name kids personally you are making it personal. Whether that was your intention or not isn't the point. You named her by name and then gave your opinion for why she is not one of the good pitchers in the AREA. And then you name three more girls of which only 1 of them throws much harder and none of them have any more pitches. So maybe you need to check your facts before you fly off the handle.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big J,

I appreciate your fondness of all things Jasper, I really do. Unfortuanately, I don't think you have seen the Henderson kid pitch for BBS. Let me give you a good piece of advice, take a trip to a Boyd game and watch the Henderson girl pitch. And after you have watched her, and only afterward, write back and tell me what a dominant pitcher looks like. If you will go back and read my first post, you will see that I suggested some good ideas to help your pitcher improve. Never once did I belittle your girl, nor would I ever. I hope the best for your girl and I listed the names of other pitchers only after your requested it. When you entitle your forum "Local Area" on a state-wide blog, you have to expect bloggers to think outside the city limits of Jasper. If I wanted to make it personal, I would have mentioned that a 52 mph non-moving fastball is not fast and that Marion County hasn't had a win over a dominant team yet either. But I didn't. Unless you are willing to hit the road and do a little more research, its been nice talking to you!