Softball Pitchers

warrior91

Big J,

I appreciate your fondness of all things Jasper, I really do. Unfortuanately, I don't think you have seen the Henderson kid pitch for BBS. Let me give you a good piece of advice, take a trip to a Boyd game and watch the Henderson girl pitch. And after you have watched her, and only afterward, write back and tell me what a dominant pitcher looks like. If you will go back and read my first post, you will see that I suggested some good ideas to help your pitcher improve. Never once did I belittle your girl, nor would I ever. I hope the best for your girl and I listed the names of other pitchers only after your requested it. When you entitle your forum "Local Area" on a state-wide blog, you have to expect bloggers to think outside the city limits of Jasper. If I wanted to make it personal, I would have mentioned that a 52 mph non-moving fastball is not fast and that Marion County hasn't had a win over a dominant team yet either. But I didn't. Unless you are willing to hit the road and do a little more research, its been nice talking to you!

I have never seen the girl from Marion. The Henderson girl at Boyd is going to be very good. With that in mind who has she beaten? No quality wins for her just yet, but those will come if her teammates can help. Long at CCS is having a tough year this year. The girl at SD (freshman) is the best around Chatt. maybe followed by the girl at Chatt Central. All 3 freshmen will be dominant in the next few years.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen the girl from Marion. The Henderson girl at Boyd is going to be very good. With that in mind who has she beaten? No quality wins for her just yet, but those will come if her teammates can help. Long at CCS is having a tough year this year. The girl at SD (freshman) is the best around Chatt. maybe followed by the girl at Chatt Central. All 3 freshmen will be dominant in the next few years.

Sorry for leaving the Soddy girl out. You're absolutely correct. I was able to see her warm up last week and although I didn't see any of the game, she looked really impressive. Hope to see more of her soon.

Big J,

I appreciate your fondness of all things Jasper, I really do. Unfortuanately, I don't think you have seen the Henderson kid pitch for BBS. Let me give you a good piece of advice, take a trip to a Boyd game and watch the Henderson girl pitch. And after you have watched her, and only afterward, write back and tell me what a dominant pitcher looks like. If you will go back and read my first post, you will see that I suggested some good ideas to help your pitcher improve. Never once did I belittle your girl, nor would I ever. I hope the best for your girl and I listed the names of other pitchers only after your requested it. When you entitle your forum "Local Area" on a state-wide blog, you have to expect bloggers to think outside the city limits of Jasper. If I wanted to make it personal, I would have mentioned that a 52 mph non-moving fastball is not fast and that Marion County hasn't had a win over a dominant team yet either. But I didn't. Unless you are willing to hit the road and do a little more research, its been nice talking to you!

Fortunately for me, we played against Katie 5 times this past summer. To her credit, we didn't win any of those games but we did hit the ball and score several runs against her. She had a better supporting cast that hits the ball very well. How many times did your summer team face her? Wait, you would have to get out of "B" ball to do that../popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> As far as requesting other pitchers, I didn't. I simply said if you think that someone is good state it. Don't knock a kid because someone else thinks she is good. I am not blind. I know more about Maisie's ability, limitations, etc... than most. You are right, a 52 mph fastball won't cut it but one of the girls you mentioned doesn't throw any harder. But I guess as you said pride is a hard thing to swallow. You have to admit when a thread is started by someone from Jasper and it states LOCAL area that it would probably mean LOCAL area. And just for the record its not my girl or any relation to me. We have had good success with her this year. Even in the two games against your team, although we lost. The first was 2-0 on 2 unearned runs, and the second 1-0 on an unearned run. The other game against your team she didn't pitch and we lost 12-2... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The first game wasn't unearned runs, 2 doubles in the first inning, a "bloop" single scored one, a single to left scored the other. The second game was more iffy but I don't know if the throw would have gotten her even if it had been on target The runner scored from third on the attempt to get the out at second, for those who weren't there, so the tag would still have had to be made before the run scored. Marion was fortunate earlier in the game as a runner was ruled to have missed third or the last play wouldn't have made a difference.

The first game wasn't unearned runs, 2 doubles in the first inning, a "bloop" single scored one, a single to left scored the other. The second game was more iffy but I don't know if the throw would have gotten her even if it had been on target The runner scored from third on the attempt to get the out at second, for those who weren't there, so the tag would still have had to be made before the run scored. Marion was fortunate earlier in the game as a runner was ruled to have missed third or the last play wouldn't have made a difference.

I agree on the throw to second, but if its not thrown into center then it could have been out three. And the runner going from first to second was definitely faster than the other runner. But its still an error, which makes it unearned. If we had just held on to it and someone had gotten a hit then it would have been earned.

As far as the first game, were you there? The first double was a misjudged pop up that our left fielder should have caught. The other however was a legit double and the bloop single was just that. The other was an error by our shortstop not a single to left. Regardless of the outcome, we simply played better in those two games that we did in the 12-2 defeat.

I really don't remember all the details, you'd think with just 10 games played they'd be clearer. The first double, I think it was Mills, I thought the OF didn't make a great play on it but for some reason everyone in the box felt it should have been a hit-and there were several up there since it was an in-school game. It ended up going over her head to the fence. If there had been two outs with a runner on second after just one double, a high enough bloop would have scored her for one earned run but I don't remember how high it went. I don't remember at all the second single, I'd have to look it up and it still might not tell exactly what happened. If it was a line drive that the fielder does well to just knock it down and it still goes into the outfield a bit, I'd always call that a hit. You're right, regardless of those details two of the games were close.

Fortunately for me, we played against Katie 5 times this past summer. To her credit, we didn't win any of those games but we did hit the ball and score several runs against her. She had a better supporting cast that hits the ball very well. How many times did your summer team face her? Wait, you would have to get out of "B" ball to do that../popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> As far as requesting other pitchers, I didn't. I simply said if you think that someone is good state it. Don't knock a kid because someone else thinks she is good. I am not blind. I know more about Maisie's ability, limitations, etc... than most. You are right, a 52 mph fastball won't cut it but one of the girls you mentioned doesn't throw any harder. But I guess as you said pride is a hard thing to swallow. You have to admit when a thread is started by someone from Jasper and it states LOCAL area that it would probably mean LOCAL area. And just for the record its not my girl or any relation to me. We have had good success with her this year. Even in the two games against your team, although we lost. The first was 2-0 on 2 unearned runs, and the second 1-0 on an unearned run. The other game against your team she didn't pitch and we lost 12-2... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

And I quote: "I simply said if you think that someone is good, state it." Guess what Big J, I did! I've given you several pitchers in the LOCAL AREA that are better pitchers. I just listed 3. I could have went on and on about players from Soddy, Ooltewah, Central, ...etc.

The difference between you and I is that I can provide facts and actualy names, because I've seen all these different pitchers. You on the other hand base your argument on passion and hometown pride (Not to mention a questionable scorebook). Not once have i mentioned any of our players, we have 3 decent pitchers. Decent being a very kind assessment. As far as the "other" giril who throws only about 52 also, you are correct. But guess what, she has 3 other pitches to compliment her 52 mph fastball (that moves downward). AGAIN, FACTS! And for the fourth time, I never said anything negative about your pitcher, I simply provided some sound advice that would only help her. AGAIN YOUR PASSION is interfering with your commonsense. Like I mentioned earlier, don't bother posting to me til you get out the LOCAL AREA and actually see some talent! Let me give you some travel advice, head up to Bledsoe County if you want to see the next dominant pitcher in the LOCAL AREA. She is in 8th grade and will be better than all we have listed. AGAIN FACTS!

And I quote: "I simply said if you think that someone is good, state it." Guess what Big J, I did! I've given you several pitchers in the LOCAL AREA that are better pitchers. I just listed 3. I could have went on and on about players from Soddy, Ooltewah, Central, ...etc.

The difference between you and I is that I can provide facts and actualy names, because I've seen all these different pitchers. You on the other hand base your argument on passion and hometown pride (Not to mention a questionable scorebook). Not once have i mentioned any of our players, we have 3 decent pitchers. Decent being a very kind assessment. As far as the "other" giril who throws only about 52 also, you are correct. But guess what, she has 3 other pitches to compliment her 52 mph fastball (that moves downward). AGAIN, FACTS! And for the fourth time, I never said anything negative about your pitcher, I simply provided some sound advice that would only help her. AGAIN YOUR PASSION is interfering with your commonsense. Like I mentioned earlier, don't bother posting to me til you get out the LOCAL AREA and actually see some talent! Let me give you some travel advice, head up to Bledsoe County if you want to see the next dominant pitcher in the LOCAL AREA. She is in 8th grade and will be better than all we have listed. AGAIN FACTS!

Probably the only truly dominant pitcher lately in this area would be Holly Thomas from Ooltewah. She has the numbers and trophies to back that statement up. Kaitlen Holloway would be another one from GPS but then left for Georgia high school to play for Frank Reeds daughter. Lots of talent now at many schools. Opinions and stats are different things. The number of strikeouts a girl has to me is what defines dominant. As for a dominant pitcher in the valley. I havent seen one in a few years. My daughter is a pitcher at Bledsoe and she does well with what she has. Her work ethic in the off season is what holds her back. I will say though that her performance against Marion was pretty impressive concidering the circumstances. I told her to write her name in the circle so everyone would know whos mound that was but im sure everyone there knows now. Softball had nothing to do with her changing schools but it was still sweet. Striking the catcher out in the end was a big out. She was hoping to get to do that. Anyone in the valley knows exactly who I am and how to get in touch with me if you need ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL.

Maybe you need to check your past posts because you have given me three pitchers and one is on your summer team, one you played middle school ball against when she was at Rhea, and the other is in our district, so you haven't come up with any new names. CoachKirk had to tell you about the Nunley girl from Soddy, but because you saw her warm up for a few minutes your an expert on her too... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And for the record, I didn't bring up our pitchers name someone else started this thread. All I did was try to take up for her, which is what your doing for the girl on your summer team. You want some new names how about Casey Vincent from Coffee Co (Soph), or Winter Simpson from Grace (Fresh)... Vincent is a very good lefty who hits as well as she pitches and Simpson is an overpowering pitcher. At almost 6'0 tall with a 63 mph fast ball as a freshman she will be one to watch over the next couple of years.

And back to the topic that Marion hasn't beaten anyone...You mention three pitchers and we have beaten the only two of them that we have faced by a combined 15-2. So way to do you homework! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Probably the only truly dominant pitcher lately in this area would be Holly Thomas from Ooltewah. She has the numbers and trophies to back that statement up. Kaitlen Holloway would be another one from GPS but then left for Georgia high school to play for Frank Reeds daughter. Lots of talent now at many schools. Opinions and stats are different things. The number of strikeouts a girl has to me is what defines dominant. As for a dominant pitcher in the valley. I havent seen one in a few years. My daughter is a pitcher at Bledsoe and she does well with what she has. Her work ethic in the off season is what holds her back. I will say though that her performance against Marion was pretty impressive concidering the circumstances. I told her to write her name in the circle so everyone would know whos mound that was but im sure everyone there knows now. Softball had nothing to do with her changing schools but it was still sweet. Striking the catcher out in the end was a big out. She was hoping to get to do that. Anyone in the valley knows exactly who I am and how to get in touch with me if you need ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL.

Nikki Waters from Soddy was also dominate.

If you're talking just valley pitchers, Sequatchie's Dawson has done well so far-shutouts against Hixson, Bledsoe, Marion (2), one earned run in a win over Marion, two earned in a win over Chattanooga Christian, four earned in a loss to Brentwood. She had bad luck against Brentwood, three of the four runs came on a pair of home runs that would have been caught for outs on a normal sized field, the centerfielder was back there waiting but had to watch them go over. The other run came on a home run that would have been over on standard length fields.