Softball Pitchers

warrior91

At almost 6'0 tall with a 63 mph fast ball as a freshman she will be one to watch over the next couple of years.

63. Really. A back up pitcher throwing 63. What does the starter throw 72. I really got to get me one of them there radar guns cause mine must be WAY off with all these girls throwin mid 60.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

63. Really. A back up pitcher throwing 63. What does the starter throw 72. I really got to get me one of them there radar guns cause mine must be WAY off with all these girls throwin mid 60.

That 63 was recorded at The Fury Academy. And they do have 2 other really good pitchers as well. So go get you a radar gun...

That 63 was recorded at The Fury Academy. And they do have 2 other really good pitchers as well. So go get you a radar gun...

i'm not sure how accurate those guns are. my sister went to a ut pitching camp a couple of years ago when she was like 12 and the guns there clocked her in the mid 60s and i know she don't throw that hard.

Yeah, okay. I'll be sure to let Mike Candrea that Grace is the new hotbed for Team USA pitchers. Good to know that of the 10 or so legitimate 60s pitchers in the state that three are there.

Yeah, okay. I'll be sure to let Mike Candrea that Grace is the new hotbed for Team USA pitchers. Good to know that of the 10 or so legitimate 60s pitchers in the state that three are there.

No one said the other two threw in the 60's. I said that they do have two other good pitchers. Nice reading comprehension there. Maybe you should save your money on the radar gun and learn to read...

And just because a kid throws 60 at a camp or skills combine doesn't mean that they throw it every pitch in a game. Obviously there are very few who do, but she did throw 63 at least once...

Last time I watched a softball game, there were 9 players on the field at a time. To me, that means it takes ALL of the players, even thoughs yelling from the dugout to win games. Coaches put players in positions to make the strongest team possible. That is what I have seen from the MC coaches this year. We may not always agree with decisions coaches make and we may not always respect the coaches. However, we should respect ALL players, by not dissing the other Lady Warriors to bust their tales. Oh and what homeruns are you talking about?

I haven't seen the young lady that you are talking about, I am sure she is a good girl and a fine pitcher but as for the discussion about more than one player on a team I agree wholeheartedly!

But what about the player who is MOST responsible for a pitcher's success? The one who is the pitcher's eyes and ears, calls the pitch, frames it, does the "public relations" with the home plate umpire, and the one who usually gets the blame for the wild pitch ("can't she catch the ball?!?") and whose most important job is to make the pitcher look good? THE CATCHER.

I haven't seen the young lady that you are talking about, I am sure she is a good girl and a fine pitcher but as for the discussion about more than one player on a team I agree wholeheartedly!

But what about the player who is MOST responsible for a pitcher's success? The one who is the pitcher's eyes and ears, calls the pitch, frames it, does the "public relations" with the home plate umpire, and the one who usually gets the blame for the wild pitch ("can't she catch the ball?!?") and whose most important job is to make the pitcher look good? THE CATCHER.

Why there is a compulsion for people to post about other positions in a SOFTBALL PITCHERS thread is beyond me. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

And the Fury Fastpitch Academy radar gun was within 1 mph of my mine which has been called slow by many a pitcher's dad.... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />