Houston Co 0 (Forfit)

Creekwood 2

Dickson Co. 1

Tournament Finals

Extra Innings

Creekwood 3

Obion Central 1

Finals began around 11:00

In the first extra inning, Obion Central loaded the bases with no outs and could not get the winning run in.

In the second extra inning Creekwood scored 3 runs on an error and 2 hits. Obion Central scored one run and had a runner on second when the game ended.

Very good tournament with some excellent teams.

Why did Houston County forfiet?

Houston County did not forfeit to Obion. There were 4 pools, but the team that won the 4th pool had to get back due to games running late (weather). By the time the semi finals were being played there wasn't a team available. Four teams were offered the opportunity to play (Houston County being one), but it had been a long and draining day for everyone so teams chose to get home since it was so late. A big thank you to everyone, especially Buddy Forrest, the parents and supporters of Waverly softball, who worked extremely hard to get the fields in shape to play. Also, to the teams who came to play Saturday (on very late notice) when the games were moved from Dickson to Waverly. It ended up being a great day of softball with teams being able to get in several games. Congratulations to Creek Wood on winning the championship. They played outstanding ball throughout the day.

It was my understanding that Houston Co. had opted out due to the rain delay & field problems to go play a double header at Trinity. If that??™s the case I??™m not sure why you would call that a forefeit? Any results on the Houston Co. vs Trinity?

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

That may be Houston High out of Germantown you are talking about. I know some of the teams from West Tennessee that were scheduled to play in the tournament instead got together and played each other due to the uncertainty of the weather and tournament. This was a good idea and hopefully they all got some games in as well.

It was my understanding that Houston High had opted out due to the rain delay & field problems to go play a double header at Trinity. Any results on the Houston High vs Trinity game?

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Trinity won both games, 3-0 and 3-1 (I think), E. Renfoe pitched the first game and a girl I'm not familar with threw the second game. I'm sorry I don't remember the other pitcher, I guess I was in shock that it wasn't a Renfoe.