What's the deal @ Sweetwater?

MalcomXL

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met him (Coach Williams) lastweek, and I was impressed with what he had to say. Seems like a real good guy, and I think he will be a good Coach! I think his wide open spread offense will work well for the Wildcats, though it may take a couple years to really get rolling. The Wildcats aren't as deep at the skill positions this year as in the past (unless a few more comeout that haven't played) , or like they will be in a couple more years. It will take an intelligent Qb to run the offense efficiently, and I hope a certain senior will growup and stepup and run the team this year. If not there are some good incoming sophs that can get the job done, but another year of experience would help them greatly.

- From what I hear he is a good defensive Coach and will show several schemes. He is trying to get a couple Coaches to come with him, but I'm sure that he will have some of Sweetwaters past assistant Coaches out there still, because there are some good ones.

-I know in meeting with him, that he got me excited and pumped-up about football, and hopefully he will have the same effect on the students and get most of the athletes back out there to represent the "S"! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

- Players - It's time to step-up, work hard, be more disiplined and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Many past players, fans, rival Coaches and others still know of Sweetwater and can tell you stories of how tough and how much respect they have for this program. If you want the same then go out an take it, respect isn't just handed out, you have to work for it and earn it.

Im telling you that spread west coast offense will never work at Sweetwater and be succesful. He tried it at Central with some pretty good athletes and it never worked. I like ole' DW but I wish he would give up on the Spread Offense. His defense still going to be a 4 4?

Im telling you that spread west coast offense will never work at Sweetwater and be succesful. He tried it at Central with some pretty good athletes and it never worked. I like ole' DW but I wish he would give up on the Spread Offense. His defense still going to be a 4 4?

The way I see it, it would be tough to say 'we are going to do this and this' or 'were going to run this offense or defense', I really think it depends on the tallent level that you got. Just my opinion, but you shouldnt tell everybody what your going to do unless you know what tallent you got. Unless he just feeding us a 'load' in the newspaper, but he really seem to be a standup guy, hope the best for Sweetwater, except when we play them.

Who knows the assistants, did he retain the 08 staff?