Ravenwood / Brentwood

broomer10

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both in action and it will be a close game. The home field goes to Ravenwood, but coaching, depth and knowing how to win goes to Brentwood. I like Ravenwood in the middle and Brentwood has more power up top. Ravenwood has played a very soft schedule so I look for a Brentwood victory. My son has travel teammates on both so I hope that my opinion is impartial.

I have seen both in action and it will be a close game. The home field goes to Ravenwood, but coaching, depth and knowing how to win goes to Brentwood. I like Ravenwood in the middle and Brentwood has more power up top. Ravenwood has played a very soft schedule so I look for a Brentwood victory. My son has travel teammates on both so I hope that my opinion is impartial.

Agree on all counts except the outcome. I don't believe Brentwood will get many opportunities up top given Ravenwood's middle. Finally, against the only common opponent - Father Ryan (granted, it was just a scrimmage for Ravenwood, but I saw the game and Ravenwood was the better team that night), Ravenwood prevailed where Brentwood didn't.

I've been asking for info on 11AAA , but not much there. I agree ravenwood is solid in the middle , but who are there scorers? And haven't heard anything from Brentwood posters . who's stepping up or not stepping up for them?

Very balanced scoring with I'd guess half the team having scored at least one goal. Leading scorers would be McGuinness and LeBreaux with Hock, Linder, Saunders, and Stankevich also worth mentioning. I want to say they've scored something like 50 goals if you include their scrimmages. Their midfield is what makes it work. Will be a good game on Friday.

brentwood just got desalvatore back after being out for awhile. I don't think ravenwood has gone up againts a d like brentwoods. They will find it very hard to score on the night. Ravenwood also hasn't been tested in the back and with desalvators speed that will cause problems for them. The only place where brentwood is weak is in the centmid. This should be a very good game and fun to watch. I'll go brentwood 2-0

Brentwood is Brentwood, down a little this year but young. We will be talking about them at the end of May again next season.

I disagree about Brentwood havinga superior coaching to Brentwood, both do a good job.

In the end I think that Ravenwood has more guns this year although the rivalry will make it closer than it should be, Ravenwood +1 goal in the end.

Good luck to both teams on Friday.

brentwood just got desalvatore back after being out for awhile. I don't think ravenwood has gone up againts a d like brentwoods. They will find it very hard to score on the night. Ravenwood also hasn't been tested in the back and with desalvators speed that will cause problems for them. The only place where brentwood is weak is in the centmid. This should be a very good game and fun to watch. I'll go brentwood 2-0

because ravenwood will own the mid they will win. if brentwood is week at centermid like you say the worst kind of team they could face would be ravenwood who has been owning the midfield. desalvatore is a plus for brentwood but always question his health and don't think he will get many chances. ravenwood needs to keep brentwood from sending too many balls over the top to desalvatore and others. ravenwood 3 - 1

I've been asking for info on 11AAA , but not much there. I agree ravenwood is solid in the middle , but who are there scorers? And haven't heard anything from Brentwood posters . who's stepping up or not stepping up for them?

Many different players have contributed with goals this year. McGuinness leads with 10, lebreux with 6, linder and stankevich both have 5, hock has 3 but leads the team in assists. No one threat rather everybody is capable of coming up with something special. Look for linder or hock to step up in this game

because ravenwood will own the mid they will win. if brentwood is week at centermid like you say the worst kind of team they could face would be ravenwood who has been owning the midfield. desalvatore is a plus for brentwood but always question his health and don't think he will get many chances. ravenwood needs to keep brentwood from sending too many balls over the top to desalvatore and others. ravenwood 3 - 1

Ravenwood 2 - 1

Good play by both sides. Brentwood controlled things early, had a couple opportunities, but as the game moved along Ravenwood settled down, controlled the middle, creating a lot of pressure and eventually some opportunities which they capitalized on. Brentwood scored a goal late on a questionable no call as it appeared there was a clear hand ball by the striker. Good, fair, and hard play by both sides. Enjoyable game to watch.