HUGE news out of Franklin, Tn

Hamm

So all I am saying is the Nashville area needs to step up in regards to a College program being benefited from the moving of the state tournament which could be used as a great time to observe and recurit.

You make great point about college programs as a whole, but how is that the responsibility of TSSAA? They are not responsible for these college programs. Their charter is to provide equitable opportunities to all member schools. You must admit, putting the state tournament in a central location is more equitable.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA did give Chattanooga the opportunity to counter Williamson County's bid.

Coach Blair

From an e-mail from Scott Smith, President of the Greater Chattanooga Sports Committee:

"They told us to put it on the books for the next three years and then called us Friday and said they were moving it. Didn??™t even give us a chance to bid or argue or anything."

From an e-mail from Scott Smith, President of the Greater Chattanooga Sports Committee:

"They told us to put it on the books for the next three years and then called us Friday and said they were moving it. Didn??™t even give us a chance to bid or argue or anything."

The same thing may be getting ready to happen to another little TSSAA event that occurs in May in Murfreesboro!!

cbg: beating a dead horse...if you want d1 and d2 wrestling back together you'll have to get the other sports on board too. TSSAA won't combine just one sport it will be all sports or none. Good luck getting football and basketball to agree to that.

CHScoach: Jordan's plan worked....I guess. Congratulations on your retirement. I'm sure the cats will miss you.

HSDAD: just curious what team do you say will be down?

ru4mocs: I was wondering the same thing...another location with the same results?

Moving the individual tournament will make TSSAA more $$$$$ because the venue is free(thats what I heard). Question is will attendance be better or worse?

As far as the duals tournament attendance, I think it should be better because all the Bradley, Soddy or Cleveland fans won't have as far to drive and more of their fans will make the trip.

Retirement??? I knew Clarksville was looking at coaches but when was this so called retirement announced?

I don't have a problem with the tournaments moving to middle TN. Duals will be a lot more convenient travel wise for my area but now we will get a little taste of what everyone else has done so long for the individual tourny. No problem there other than not really having an opportunity to try keeping it in beautiful Chattanooga. I do have a question...

Were any other Coaches or Athletic Directors given the opportunity to be as influential as Joe Bob?? (anywhere state wide, not just Williamson Co. or Chattanooga)???

In response to an earlier post....I don't think the move of either tournaments will much affect the out come. Baylor and Bradley for YEARS have made the longer trip and DOMINATED (to put it mildly) in Clarksville....So i guess its more so wishful thinking than an actual possibility...but who knows i guess.

In Division I traditional.....Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy.... Cleveland, Bradley, Soddy.... Soddy, Cleveland, Bradley... Who knows but other than the 3....Who honestly has earned the respect or right to say they Have anywhere as good of a shot at the title as these 3??? Please tell me so i'm not oblivious.....................

I didn't say, but I believe 6 wrestlers from the team placed @ state.

3 placed 2nd

1 placed 3rd

2 placed 5th

4 of their 6 studs were seniors.

5 of the 14 starters were also seniors.

Must be Cleveland ............. You must not know Cleveland has a ton of talent coming back and coming up.

Heard Scott Smith on Sport Talk this afternoon and he said the same thing. TSSAA called and told him it was gone.

NO chance to bid.

Said they had worked with the TSSAA for years without a contract .............. guess they should have had one.