Catchers

catchman

Well I will toot my own daughters horn. Tiffany Hibbs from Goodpasture is the most decorated catcher in the state with 4 high school state championships and a ASA national championship.

The fact that the catcher was on the team "with 4 high school state championship" says that she played for a good team. But if I can remember they had Devin Schmit so that probably says a lot. You talk about "most decorated in the state" bring up her stats not her teams. (hint: pop to pop, throw outs, pick offs, pass ball per game) but congrats!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the catcher was on the team "with 4 high school state championship" says that she played for a good team. But if I can remember they had Devin Schmit so that probably says a lot. You talk about "most decorated in the state" bring up her stats not her teams. (hint: pop to pop, throw outs, pick offs, pass ball per game) but congrats!

Catch783 you are right,,If you are on a good or bad team, your persional stats is what important to college coaches. Being on a winning team will get you more looks, but you better be able to play as good as that team made you look. There are lots of good catchers over looked because of the school stats. A lot of parents are learning to keep their own stats for their child.

Play hard ladies , proud of all of you.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Catch783 you are right,,If you are on a good or bad team, your persional stats is what important to college coaches. Being on a winning team will get you more looks, but you better be able to play as good as that team made you look. There are lots of good catchers over looked because of the school stats. A lot of parents are learning to keep their own stats for their child.

Play hard ladies , proud of all of you.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I knows a whole lot of players who have been decorated, dat is, played on championship teams. Like others have said "it will get a player looked at by bein in da right place at da right time" but after dat...it don't mean squat. Nicely speaking dat is.

It be da attitude of da player, then da athletic ability of da player, then da fundamentals of da player, then da work ethic of da player...then the mental approach to da game.

Decorations are left in da past for fond memories. They won't get you offers and have a nice day. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Holy Cow!!! Have you all seen the catcher from Unicoi County?????? She is unbelievable!!!

I have seen a lot of high school softball and I would have to say she is the best I have seen. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Pop Time 1.7 (per Doe) allowed only 2 stolen bases in 4 years 998% fielding and is batting 356

I have seen a lot of high school softball and I would have to say she is the best I have seen. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Where has she verbally committed too (if she is a freshman, soph or Jr.) or if she be a senior...who has she signed with? I feel confident that a girl of this magnitude will already be gobbled up by the big D-1's ! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Clean her room lol

Now that...my dear friend...wuz da funniest thing I have read in a long, long time !

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How many teams have you seen that won that many championships have a catcher who wasn't outstanding? The catcher is such a vital part of the team in that they handle the ball many more times than anyone else on the field (other than the pitcher of course.) I would venture to say it would be nearly impossible to win those kinds of championships without a top-notch catcher. So, I think it DOES say a lot about your catcher as an individual player when you talk about how well her teams have performed.

How many teams have you seen that won that many championships have a catcher who wasn't outstanding? The catcher is such a vital part of the team in that they handle the ball many more times than anyone else on the field (other than the pitcher of course.) I would venture to say it would be nearly impossible to win those kinds of championships without a top-notch catcher. So, I think it DOES say a lot about your catcher as an individual player when you talk about how well her teams have performed.

And the girl that plays 1st, 2nd, SS, 3rd, Left, Center and Right. And, the bench for running, pinch hittin, etc...

i like this web site. it has everything on here. i just read all the post about all these great catchers. but they don't talk about the girls of Rutherford County. everyone is missing some great ball players. my husband and i say, the catcher is the heart of the team. they call the shots, call the game, make the pitcher look good, and always has the best view of the game. but sometimes they don't get the same respect as the pitcher.

Riverdale- has a catcher that is on fire. pretty good bat. cute girl. Siegel's catcher is a work in progress. dropped alot of balls last night. and a couple of pass ball as well. Blackman's catcher, well, let's just say, she is my favorite. i've been watching her since middle school. they tell us she came from Texas. Texas doesnt know what they lost. but Blackman's gain. she can frame the ball very well, has a great attitude, and holy cow, she can hit the ball very well. very cute dimples also, that is what makes her cute. my husband says, she is the best power hitter he has seen in a while from Rutherford County. i'd like to see her play in the summer. Oakland- she had to follow some big shoes this year. she is a one to watch also.

i wish all these girls the best of luck this week. and my husband and i will try to be at the tournament this week. hope to see you go to the next level. good job parents for your commitment with these girls.

good luck girls, 'YOU ROCK' in my book.