Top "Senior" Pitchers (only)

GC Grizzlies

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the top Senior pitchers from Middle and East TN? Also, if they have signed who have they signed with?

I have to say the best I have seen in this area is Whitney Gilbert from Cherokee. She has signed with University of Alabama-Huntsville. She also earned her 1000th strike-out this past weekend at the Tiny Day Tournament in Greeneville. Here is the link if you would like to see it.

http://www.greenevillesun.com/story/302832

Who are the top Senior pitchers from Middle and East TN? Also, if they have signed who have they signed with?

I'm not only going to compliment "Senior" pitchers, because not every team has one, but there are some good Upperclassmen pitchers in 7AAA. I would note Caralisa Connell (Siegel) , Natalie Papini (Blackman), and Anna Mullins (Lebanon). These three pitchers are not backed up very well sometimes by their defense and offense. Connell carries her team because she is an excellent pitcher and Papini and Mullins are also very good pitchers if you ever watch them play.

I'm not only going to compliment "Senior" pitchers, because not every team has one, but there are some good Upperclassmen pitchers in 7AAA. I would note Caralisa Connell (Siegel) , Natalie Papini (Blackman), and Anna Mullins (Lebanon). These three pitchers are not backed up very well sometimes by their defense and offense. Connell carries her team because she is an excellent pitcher and Papini and Mullins are also very good pitchers if you ever watch them play.

Thank you for including Anna in this "trio." She is not dominating, but she works very hard and her heart is in the game. I agree with you about Connell and Papini. Also, Cookeville has some hard working pitchers. Anna will be encouraged that you have grouped her with such good "pitching" company. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to go RBImom, I'm sure their team mates will be thrilled to find out you think they are not up to par with these pitchers!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Way to go RBImom, I'm sure their team mates will be thrilled to find out you think they are not up to par with these pitchers!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Well heck fire, that post by RBImom was like huntin raccoons. Take's you a looonnnnnggg time to get one cornered and when you do...sometimes you wish you just stayed at home.

Any more compliments like that and she'll have to move up here on the hill with me. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Since I am involved in a way in this posting, I will have to comment and say that as the mom of a pitcher I never would insult any of the other players on the team. I don't really think that is what she was saying, but maybe we all read it differently. It takes the whole team to win or lose a game. Last year in Cookeville's tournament, we were playing Siegel. I believe it was a tie score and my daughter threw a wild pitch that allowed the winning run to score. Did she lose the game for them, I would say not. Did her error allow a run to score at a bad time, yes. So, as a pitcher you have to accept these things as part of the game. There are not many teams that have everyone batting 4-4, all players playing flawlessly or a pitcher with 21 strike outs. I am proud of each player on our team and love them all. I focus on the positive and compliment when I can. I like to build them up. Now, do I feel disappointment when there is an error or a missed play, or when we really need some hits and don't get them. Of course I do, but I don't express it. But I lump my daughter right in there too when she pitches too perfect of a pitch and someone hits a rocket to center field or over the fence (yikes!) and yes, my daughter makes errors on defense too. I have seen some players on our team make some amazing defensive plays and get some marvelous hits. Its all part of the game.

After saying all of the, I really appreciate RBIMom complimenting my daughter, and encouraging her to continue working hard even if they don't win all of their games. I think that was her motive, not insulting anyone else.

Since I am involved in a way in this posting, I will have to comment and say that as the mom of a pitcher I never would insult any of the other players on the team. I don't really think that is what she was saying, but maybe we all read it differently. It takes the whole team to win or lose a game. Last year in Cookeville's tournament, we were playing Siegel. I believe it was a tie score and my daughter threw a wild pitch that allowed the winning run to score. Did she lose the game for them, I would say not. Did her error allow a run to score at a bad time, yes. So, as a pitcher you have to accept these things as part of the game. There are not many teams that have everyone batting 4-4, all players playing flawlessly or a pitcher with 21 strike outs. I am proud of each player on our team and love them all. I focus on the positive and compliment when I can. I like to build them up. Now, do I feel disappointment when there is an error or a missed play, or when we really need some hits and don't get them. Of course I do, but I don't express it. But I lump my daughter right in there too when she pitches too perfect of a pitch and someone hits a rocket to center field or over the fence (yikes!) and yes, my daughter makes errors on defense too. I have seen some players on our team make some amazing defensive plays and get some marvelous hits. Its all part of the game.

After saying all of the, I really appreciate RBIMom complimenting my daughter, and encouraging her to continue working hard even if they don't win all of their games. I think that was her motive, not insulting anyone else.

Thank you trueblue. That is all I was trying to say. I did not mean to upset anyone, I was only trying to say that these are some great pitchers that need to be watched. I did not mean that the other players on the team were not as good as the pitchers, because like you said, it takes 9 people to play the game and a win or loss never comes down to one person. Sometimes a pitcher pitches a perfect game and her team does not hit and makes some errors and she loses. Sometimes, a pitcher has a bad day and walks a lot of people and gives up a lot of hits and her offense bails her out by scoring a ton of runs. I was just saying that no matter what the team does behind these pitchers, they are pretty good pitchers. And, I only commented on the pitchers because this topic is about the "Top Pitchers." If it were about top infielders I would comment on some top infielders, if it were about top hitters I would comment on top hitters. All I was saying is that these three pitchers do not play on undefeated teams so they are not always noticed as they should be. I am sorry if you took offense to what I said, but please understand that I was only trying to prove that these were good pitchers. If these are pitchers for your team, be proud of them, if not, you better hope you never have to face them! lol!

Thank you trueblue. That is all I was trying to say. I did not mean to upset anyone, I was only trying to say that these are some great pitchers that need to be watched. I did not mean that the other players on the team were not as good as the pitchers, because like you said, it takes 9 people to play the game and a win or loss never comes down to one person. Sometimes a pitcher pitches a perfect game and her team does not hit and makes some errors and she loses. Sometimes, a pitcher has a bad day and walks a lot of people and gives up a lot of hits and her offense bails her out by scoring a ton of runs. I was just saying that no matter what the team does behind these pitchers, they are pretty good pitchers. And, I only commented on the pitchers because this topic is about the "Top Pitchers." If it were about top infielders I would comment on some top infielders, if it were about top hitters I would comment on top hitters. All I was saying is that these three pitchers do not play on undefeated teams so they are not always noticed as they should be. I am sorry if you took offense to what I said, but please understand that I was only trying to prove that these were good pitchers. If these are pitchers for your team, be proud of them, if not, you better hope you never have to face them! lol!

I guess that part where you said"they are not backed up very well sometimes by their defense and offense. Connell carries her team"should have been left out if you were just talking about how good these girls are. It comes off as a pitchers parent making it all about DD and not the team. How would DD feel if your right fielder posted your pitcher keeps giving up bombs over the fence that she couldn't catch????? I'm sure these pitchers are very good.....I just thought you went a bit too far in downgrading the other players.

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I guess that part where you said"they are not backed up very well sometimes by their defense and offense. Connell carries her team"should have been left out if you were just talking about how good these girls are. It comes off as a pitchers parent making it all about DD and not the team. How would DD feel if your right fielder posted your pitcher keeps giving up bombs over the fence that she couldn't catch????? I'm sure these pitchers are very good.....I just thought you went a bit too far in downgrading the other players.

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Dat was a very generous reply and should be widely accepted. Go RBI. If some of dem other folks would clarify dem selves like you, America would again be the envy of da world.

Dat was reallll nice. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

This is my last post on this topic. Again, I have already appoligized if I was misunderstood in my intentions. I also already explained what I meant when I said those things, so I won't go there either. I just want to clarify that I am not a parent of any of the girls I mentioned. I don't want to argue anymore about who said/meant/did what, I just want to watch our girls as they play their last games of the season and I look forward to watching EVERYONE in the Districts. I agree with you when you say, "Good luck to all!" Every team is going to give all they have this weekend and it is going to be fun to see how things go.

Just to clarify the implication in this response... I am the parent of the pitcher named... and I am not RBImom, and RBImom is not my wife. I don't know who she is. From previous posts, it doesn't appear that RBImom has any connection to Siegel. I do appreciate her comments about my daughter. They were very kind. However, it certainly isn't a case of a "pitchers parent making it all about DD and not the team" as Mr knowitall suggests. While I didn't think she meant any disrespect to any of my daughter's teammates, I cringed a bit when I read the post simply because we value her teammates and are proud of the job they have done this year, and would never want them to think otherwise - and I think RBImom has been very clear about explaining that she had no intention of disrespecting any players. My daughter is very appreciative of those on the field with her and fully understands that softball is a team sport. If they aren't there to play defense and score runs, it doesn't matter how good a pitcher may or may not be. But I read RBImom's comments for what they were obviously meant to mean, and again, appreciate the compliment.