East Hickman Eagles new Coach

QbackDback24

Will Coach Harris join the EHS staff or will he return to Fairview. Despite what has been written about the EHS administration their search process was much smoother than the drama that unfolded at Fairview.

I hope both schools can move forward and be successful.

I think he will be staying at the Middle School, he has a better team than last year and should take the MTAC championship again. I am sure he will be working close with Coach King,maybe helping him as he knows all the kids and may help bring more on board. Today practice starts, the new system should work, Will Gossett return ? What coaches are staying if any ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Coach Harris join the EHS staff or will he return to Fairview. Despite what has been written about the EHS administration their search process was much smoother than the drama that unfolded at Fairview.

I hope both schools can move forward and be successful.

There was no drama at Fairview. They had their coach picked out before the other guy resigned. All the interviews were only for show. IMO, Harris will be better off at the middle school.

There was no drama at Fairview. They had their coach picked out before the other guy resigned. All the interviews were only for show. IMO, Harris will be better off at the middle school.

Good point they did have their coach picked out. The real drama was in the blog during the interview process. It got very ugly very quickly. I hope Hughes and the team do well this year this new district they are in looks pretty tough.

Some Spread teams try to spread the field to create running lanes or space to run the football, and others spread the field to sling it around. From what I know about the Tony Franklin System, it is one that relies on a passing quarterback to spread the football around. One question: If you don't have a prototypical passing quarterback, what do you do? Do you make him throw anyway and hope for the best? I wonder how adaptable this offense is to the skill set of the players you have. I like the idea of the spread offense because it does cause problems for the defense especially if it's run without a huddle. Personally, I like the idea of a spread option like Florida or Utah runs that isn't as dependant on the pass especially at the high school level where from yera to year you may or may not have a good quarterback. I wish the new coach luck this year and I hope the kids can make the adjustments to be successful.

Basically, this system looks for "holes of grass" must be very disciplined and have ballers in the secondary!! this system relies on the screen game as well. tons of reciever stop screens and tunnel screens, also rb middle screens.

the good thing about this system, they have an answer for everything, each play is determined by how you align on defense. coach on field and in box must work well together. pass game is quick hitting stuff and tons of crossing routes

Thanks for the input!

Any word out of Lyles about how spring practice is going? Did many new kids come out? Will there be any type of spring game?

Thanks......

Thanks for the input!

Any word out of Lyles about how spring practice is going? Did many new kids come out? Will there be any type of spring game?

Thanks......

The group still looks small in numbers, Im not sure of a spring game. There was none set in stone so far

With the harsh summer workout schedule and the level of athletes that infiltrate the East Hickman hallways..........a new coach, new ideas................I would predict no bumps in the road. Kids will play hard, 80 plus or more. The spread will put at least 40 pts on the board per game (all be it not sure for which team) and all will be happy once again in easthickmanville. If not, someones mama will put you in the DDT and finish you with the COBRACLUTCH!

I am disheartened to hear that the numbers of players out for spring ball is so low (I am told 19-30 kids depending on the day). What gives in Lyles? People seemed so sure that with the resignation of Coach Jones the football population would boom. It would appear that this is not the case, maybe the small numbers are indicative of other community (or society in general) issues rather than one of coaching as we have been led to believe.

Any word about the assistants? Are they going to stay on staff? I hope that some continuity can be found. I wish Coach King and the players the best! Keep working hard in the face of what appears to still be an uphill climb and a difficult situation!

Hey cobra curt.....why dont you go away.......... we are trying to start positive and you are beating a dead horse.

Don't blame CobraKurt. He is just stating the obvious..... McCord at the Central Office is a clown with no clue. Just like Fairview, expect many years of mediocracy at best.

Don't blame CobraKurt. He is just stating the obvious..... McCord at the Central Office is a clown with no clue. Just like Fairview, expect many years of mediocracy at best.

Blame?????????? who is blaming anybody? this guy is disgruntled and keeps bringing Middle School Coach's Mother up, GROW UP.... We are moving on,............. Mccord, Nash are both idiots.they have been a big part of the problem here at East. I guess you just figured that out.

Blame?????????? who is blaming anybody? this guy is disgruntled and keeps bringing Middle School Coach's Mother up, GROW UP.... We are moving on,............. Mccord, Nash are both idiots.they have been a big part of the problem here at East. I guess you just figured that out.

Makes sense to me. Good luck to the players and coaches!