Preseason Picks: 6A teams to watch in your area

BigAir

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will Brighton fare in the new alignment?

Will they be able to compete with the larger schools in Shelby County?

I don't see Brighton being competitive with the Bigger schools in Shelby County this year. It's a different level athletically than they are used too. It will take a year or two to adjust.

How will Brighton fare in the new alignment?

Will they be able to compete with the larger schools in Shelby County?

I don't see Brighton being competitive with the Bigger schools in Shelby County this year. It's a different level athletically than they are used too. It will take a year or two to adjust.

Interesting. Since Brighton has scrimmaged Germantown the last two years and handled them, and was competitive with Millington this spring. I think you might be surprised, but I value your opinion.

What does everyone think about Lebanon this year?

Lebanon is a mystery every year. They can be great and then 5 minutes later look like a pee wee team out there.

While they will give any team they play all they want, injuries tend to plague them year after year. This can only be helped by adding depth. For instance year after year R'dale ran over them by having linemen that did not have to play both ways and it showed by the fact that R'dale dominated on the ground.

This year I forsee them beating WC, but losing to MJ. Will be interesting to see who will be playing QB for them this year. Also it will help them by the very fact they are not having to play teams like R'dale and Oakland and Smyrna.

Being moved to a new area will help Lebanon. Their biggest threat will be Gallatin and Hendersonville and Mt Juliet.

Interesting. Since Brighton has scrimmaged Germantown the last two years and handled them, and was competitive with Millington this spring. I think you might be surprised, but I value your opinion.

When Millington scrimmaged Brighton this spring, They did so without a full compliment of skill position players. Many were invovled in other sports (AAU Hoops, Track, Baseball, Etc). If Millington were to play Brighton this season, I am confident that Millington would indeed win in a lopsided affair.

In no certian order,IN THE CHATTANOOGA AREA: OOLTEWAH(biggest/baddest) at any level around here.,.this year,DEFENSE will be lights-out,OFFENSE might be high-powered?... TYNER(team of linebackers at every position,with speed)...RED-BANK(will be decent)...HIXSON(might catch somebody not looking one night)...EAST RIDGE(will make some noise--playoff bound)...POLK COUNTY(will compete,but will miss playoffs)...SODDY-DAISY(might sneak up on somebody,but probably won't win more than 5 games)...McCALLIE(will be good,playoff bound)...CENTRAL(chattanooga)might be a surprise..nah,they'll be cellar bound again....McCINN COUNTY and BRADLEY COUNTY(DON'T THINK THEY WILL DO MUCH)...CLEVELAND and RHEA COUNTY (lost alot,so they might be around .500)...North-Georgia: WHO CARES(hate em all). ANYWAY..SHOULD BE AN INTERESTING YEAR AROUND HERE WITH ALL THE NEW LOCAL MATCH-UPS,very confusing,but at the end of the season,I TRULY BELEIVE THE RIGHT TEAMS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AT MAKE IT THRU AT LEAST THE FIRST ROUND. THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION,and I DO KNOW,IT'S A LONG WAY OFF and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN,but,I think this list is pretty close.

When Millington scrimmaged Brighton this spring, They did so without a full compliment of skill position players. Many were invovled in other sports (AAU Hoops, Track, Baseball, Etc). If Millington were to play Brighton this season, I am confident that Millington would indeed win in a lopsided affair.

Iagree its the overall size, speed, strength and depth that will come into play. I am sure that Brighton will be well coached and the best team in Tipton County. GO TROJANS!!!!

Iagree its the overall size, speed, strength and depth that will come into play. I am sure that Brighton will be well coached and the best team in Tipton County. GO TROJANS!!!!

I would like to see Brighton back on the Trojan schedule though. The crowd is always nice. Not quite M&M Bowl Nice but nice nonetheless.

Go Trojans!!

Started this post awhile back in hopes of clear-eyed analysis of 6A state-wide. I agree with and understand most of what's been said about my own end of things (east), but am left in a fog on the mid-state. Basically, it sounds like any 6A south of Vanderbilt is just ferocious. Can anybody offer some systematic analysis beyond, "I think my team is the best?"

Outside of some personal back and forth that doesn't make sense to the rest of us, haven't heard much from 6A in the west. Will the Memphis area field a serious contender? Who? Why? Can anyone tell us who, if anyone in the last 10 years, has won in the old 5A outside of Middle Tennessee?