new boys coach at CAK

winnersrus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some very odd reason, When it comes to Lenoir City Athletics alot of Coach's and some Players /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , Have left the school. Some for better jobs and some for better schools and places to play. At my Freshmen year a basketball the head coach was Coach Tony Williams, I had Coach Williams for a P.E Class and went to about 60% of the games if not more. Coach Williams loved his team and his students and wanted to see the best for them and there future. No matter the case was on the court or in a class rooms, Coach Williams always tryed to help his kids. Toward the end of my freshmen year Coach Williams got thrown in the middle of local Polotics and ended up Moveing schools. I was kid of up set but I knew that where ever he went he would do the same for those kids, and anyone that had common sense enough to see that would let him do his job. Before Coach Williams left he and I had a talk who they were going to hire to replace him, We talked about how we both knew Coach Wells at loudon and ive known him since the 2nd grade. When Coach Williams left and Coach Wells arrived the place he was put into wasnt any where near what the new football coach at Lenoir City was placed in. Coach Wells was happy with his kids and done great things in the past two seasons with them. He loved his kids and done what he felt was best for them. Made them have a shirt and tie on game day. Made them dress the part and have respect for the game. Coach Wells was an great coach. That was one reason that he was able to go to Lenoir City and have that "Click" Right off with his players. When Coach White resigned as Head football coach at Lenoir City and went to Marryville where his brother is a coach. I knew the Coaching staff would fall get switched around. One thing that means most to a Player is to know his Coaches care about him. I havent been at Lenoir City for the whole 08-09 School year but I did go to around 8 or 9 Basketball games. When the football coaching staff left, Such as Coach Myers for Fulton and Coach Harris for Farragut and Coach Gossett for Alcoa, I was left with the people who I grew up with and our parents. I followed the person who I thought that was always there for me and was always at my back threw anything ive ever went threw. I would be supprised if some of Coach Wells players didnt follow him like I followed the Coach that was there for me. Congratz to Coach Wells and I wish him the best of Luck.

For some very odd reason, When it comes to Lenoir City Athletics alot of Coach's and some Players /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , Have left the school. Some for better jobs and some for better schools and places to play. At my Freshmen year a basketball the head coach was Coach Tony Williams, I had Coach Williams for a P.E Class and went to about 60% of the games if not more. Coach Williams loved his team and his students and wanted to see the best for them and there future. No matter the case was on the court or in a class rooms, Coach Williams always tryed to help his kids. Toward the end of my freshmen year Coach Williams got thrown in the middle of local Polotics and ended up Moveing schools. I was kid of up set but I knew that where ever he went he would do the same for those kids, and anyone that had common sense enough to see that would let him do his job. Before Coach Williams left he and I had a talk who they were going to hire to replace him, We talked about how we both knew Coach Wells at loudon and ive known him since the 2nd grade. When Coach Williams left and Coach Wells arrived the place he was put into wasnt any where near what the new football coach at Lenoir City was placed in. Coach Wells was happy with his kids and done great things in the past two seasons with them. He loved his kids and done what he felt was best for them. Made them have a shirt and tie on game day. Made them dress the part and have respect for the game. Coach Wells was an great coach. That was one reason that he was able to go to Lenoir City and have that "Click" Right off with his players. When Coach White resigned as Head football coach at Lenoir City and went to Marryville where his brother is a coach. I knew the Coaching staff would fall get switched around. One thing that means most to a Player is to know his Coaches care about him. I havent been at Lenoir City for the whole 08-09 School year but I did go to around 8 or 9 Basketball games. When the football coaching staff left, Such as Coach Myers for Fulton and Coach Harris for Farragut and Coach Gossett for Alcoa, I was left with the people who I grew up with and our parents. I followed the person who I thought that was always there for me and was always at my back threw anything ive ever went threw. I would be supprised if some of Coach Wells players didnt follow him like I followed the Coach that was there for me. Congratz to Coach Wells and I wish him the best of Luck.

Nice post Speed. I know a coach can have a lot more influence in the lives of his players than just the game he's coaching. I know that Lenoir City will find a quality coach to take over the fine program there.

I know that CAK is a very inviting place for new students and transfers. I am 100% confident that if there are tranfers to CAK because of the coach or any other reason, they would be welcomed by the students, faculty, and the rest of the CAK family. In fact, 2 of the players that started and or got major playing time at CAK last year were freshmen transfers from other schools that were also very good basketball players.

What kind of financial package can CAK offer? How about Grace and Webb. Can they compete with the Public schools in saliries, benefits, retirement. Or are they willing to pay whatever it takes to get a quality coach? I have heard the F.B. coach at Catholic made $120,000.

CAK can't offer that kind of money or anything close to it--FootballDad is right---most teachers and coaches coming to CAK don't leave and appreciate the overall environment. The baloney about CoachD getting fired by one guy or because of one guy is just that--baloney. CAK benefits are good, but no pension. Salaries are comparable to public.

Some scary grammar......quality education in the LC

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard that a couple of Coach SHANE Wells' (thanks Happyhour) players from LC may be considering coming to CAK next year. Any substance to that?

Im sure they all have talked to Shane bc they loved playing for him and still see regularly, but any transfers would truly just be speculation at this point.