William Blount Head Coach

KC3B

nga

The only thing I've bad mouthed him over was his tirade yesterday.... You can defend him all you like but it will not change the fact that he went off on the players/parents and lied when the truth was revealed. If you believe he was acting as a role model by throwing a tantrum then theres nothing left for me to say....

If you read my earlier posts from yesterday I was the first to say you can't fault him for taking more money....

Like I said earlier.. I hope all parties get what they deserve......

tpoole12

GO GOVS

i know scott meadows has never said anything bad about you to me, he has spoke highly of you, thinks you have a fine young son who is a great ball player, says you have been very energetic in helping with the football program and i know if you talked to him, he would wish you the best. nothing but good things about you and you're family. i hope your son has a wonderful senior year, and a prosperous college career as well. i have heard he has the talent to do it, from coach meadows myself. thanks

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt there, i live about 120 miles away, i do know he has had several ugly text messages and voice mails left on his phone today. sounds like you are a busy body, and may have some "stuff" to stir up. i hope it goes well for you, seems like you are enjoying it. a man trying to improve himself and his family is "demonized" by the likes of you. please keep it stirred up, maybe you could get a lynch mob together and gather outside his home. sounds like you may already have this planned. it takes a lot of class in a person to continue to bash and dig and look for things to use to make a person look bad. this is the last response i will make to any of your messages. i will be loyal to my friend, you know the one trait that you really have stressed on here that is very important, and you will continue to personally bash people. you talk about someone needing to set a good example for kids, slinging mud at people is definitely not an example that needs to be set for that "precious" son of yours. how can he learn to be loyal, if he is being taught to look for the bad in people and use it against them when you can. class act.

Your loyalty to your friend is admirable. However, blind loyalty is misplaced. Here is the latest from The Daily Times which broke the story that Coach Meadows was looking into the Catholic job on April 28 The Daily Times - Meadows. The WB players and parents feel betrayed and rightfully so. Making statements like, "I want to finish my career here." is foolish if you believe you will not be able to fulfill your obligation.

But, that seems to be the trend today from Bret Favre to the journeymen star athletes that chase dollars instead of love and respect of a community. That's the world we live in though.

your a coward stop talking behind the mans back. You preach all of this nonsence about teaching life lessons to your son. I can think of a hundred kids who Coach Meadows has had a positive impact one their life, me being one of them. If your gonna bash him at least do it to his face, or just keep doing it behind his back and maybe you can teach your son how to be a coward like yourself....

I appreciate that you want to defend your coach. However, you need to drop your emotional response and ask yourself this question: Is Coach Meadows telling the truth? It isn't a sin to try to improve your position in the world. Whether it is for money or prestige this is America and everyone has the right to pursue happiness. However, Coach Meadows made many boasts and promises to the WB community. All that the parents and supporters of WB are asking for is an honest response. As a player you should expect the same. Honor, character, and integrity are talked about but rarely demonstrated. Coach Meadows could do all three if he will simply come clean about his intentions.

Good luck.

Your loyalty to your friend is admirable. However, blind loyalty is misplaced. Here is the latest from The Daily Times which broke the story that Coach Meadows was looking into the Catholic job on April 28 The Daily Times - Meadows. The WB players and parents feel betrayed and rightfully so. Making statements like, "I want to finish my career here." is foolish if you believe you will not be able to fulfill your obligation.

But, that seems to be the trend today from Bret Favre to the journeymen star athletes that chase dollars instead of love and respect of a community. That's the world we live in though.

again, i like my job, would be happy finishing my career here, but if an offer comes along, that would be a substantial pay raise it would be hard not to leave. here is the thing, you compare a high school coach who makes around $50K a year to someone who is a millionaire. Big difference for someone who lives week to week off a paycheck to get an extra $500 or $600 a week in your pocket is something hard to turn down, now if i am already worth a few million and leave for a couple of more million, that might be different. that is how i look at it. it might not be shared by everyone, but most of america lives from paycheck to paycheck and if that paycheck is bigger, it makes living a lot less stressful and easier to take care of your family who is depending on you.

The same thing can be said of parents and fans "we love coach so and so, we hope he stays here until he retires". Yeah, until he makes a boneheaded, game losing decision or doesn't play my boy. Then the sentiments change. Loyalty is a two way street. If he was dishonest in his comments, he shouldn't have been. But let's keep it all on a level field.

The same thing can be said of parents and fans "we love coach so and so, we hope he stays here until he retires". Yeah, until he makes a boneheaded, game losing decision or doesn't play my boy. Then the sentiments change. Loyalty is a two way street. If he was dishonest in his comments, he shouldn't have been. But let's keep it all on a level field.

Agreed.

Observations make me negative? Well, I guess you can go around with rose colored glasses and believe that fairy dust and wishful thinking will make things better. As for being invested, you can bet I am. I live here! I pay taxes here! I have kids that go to school here! There was nothing negative. They are simply observations of both programs after having watched the revolving door of mediocre coaches and job jumpers that have come through WB and HHS.

We are not so far apart. Notice I did not criticize all parents or all kids. Notice I pointed out how both teams have kids that work hard, but due to poor coaching mediocrity seems to dominate especially at HHS. As for Maryville & Alcoa having to "find an identity" I beg to differ. The LAST losing season Maryville had was... 1961 High School Football Database. Since that time they have only had five .500 seasons! I don't think they have had such an identity problem as you believe. Alcoa has had one losing season and three .500 seasons since 1993 (as far back as the database goes) Aloca records from 1993.

The problem seems to stem from the county schools systems not offering the incentives that are necessary to recruit, hire, and retain quality coaches. Being a head coach is not a job, it's a lifestyle. At the level that WB & HHS play it is a full-time, eat, sleep, dream type of career. Coaches sacrifice a tremendous amount of time. In the county coaching positions it is for about 17% of the base teacher salary as a supplement. Most likely the country money is not even close to Alcoa or Maryville's supplements.

So if pointing out facts, making observations, and having an opinion is considered negative, well I guess you've got me.

Let me tell you something buddy....I am from Maryville and you better believe that had an identity problem. People forgot that not so long ago the Maryville that you see before you today did not exist. Don't speak about things you have no idea about. Just because they haven't had a losing season since 1961....well let's just say that proves nothing. Quote all the statistics you can find...you still don't have a clue. Look, just sit back and watch the transformation at Heritage. I'm through reading these ignorant posts.

No disrespect to the GOVS. i have always liked your program and have wanted to give all respect to your former coach, and have tried to defend all his actions, even though he lied to me straight in my face when he left jchs to go to WB. With that been said, the cupboard must look bare, because MEADOWS is no longer there. And a note to out Catholic friends--just keep the athletes/players there or Meadows wont be there long.

Hello All

I'm done with all the noise this has caused... I'm just going to speak to the players....

Guys

Whats done is done. The only thing left to determine is how you'll respond. I can only guess how you feel, I am disappointed, I'm sure your all devistated. The only thing I can ask from everyone of you is this, don't let the actions of adults take anything away from you. You all are a gifted bunch of atheletes. Your fans and parents are still behind you. I personally promise you I will do everything I can to help this team and program be the best it can be. Whether that's by trying to improve the facilities or carrying out the garbage for the team meals or working around the stadium I will do all that I can! What I want from you is for you to be your best, work hard and never quit on yourself and don't let anyone around you quit. Quitting is a habit. Everytime you quit it only gets easier to quit the next time things don't go your way.

For some of the younger players who don't know me, I am Daniel's dad. I've watched most of you play from the time you were pee wees and midgets. I was lucky enough to coach some of you and wished many of you had been on our team. I know our Athelitic Director will find you a good coach. It is up to you to be ready to be coached..

Keep your heads up...

Tim Poole

GO GOVS

PS: I know I'm probably over lecturing but look at the bright side..... Daniel has to listen to my crap all the time... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let me tell you something buddy....I am from Maryville and you better believe that had an identity problem. People forgot that not so long ago the Maryville that you see before you today did not exist. Don't speak about things you have no idea about. Just because they haven't had a losing season since 1961....well let's just say that proves nothing. Quote all the statistics you can find...you still don't have a clue. Look, just sit back and watch the transformation at Heritage. I'm through reading these ignorant posts.

Sorry "buddy" but in any sport records mean everything. Now, you can argue about that if you want but I think everyone here will agree. The very existance of a 47 year record of winning tells me that there wasn't so much a problem of identity as there was of a community that had not had a state championship since 1978. Too long between trips to Murphysboro I suppose.

1998 changed that. The point is that Maryville went out and hired a quality coach who put together a quality staff. They set high standards and their players met (meet) them. It wasn't cheap and it wasn't easy. And, it has terrific yielded results. George Quarles is as good as they get.

BTW, I know more about these situations than you think, buddy.

Announcements