6-AA Tournament

volsbbfan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It used to higher seeds hosted until the final 4 were reached and then proceed to host site.

Now, I think the entire tournament is at the host site. I might be wrong though.

if you didn't finish in first play on your side of the district (hixson/marion) then you have to play a game at your field/opponents field so there will be that one play in game for the lower ranked teams

They have changed the format this year, going to a format similar to the college world series. 1 host 4 and 2 host 3 of the opposite division Thursday at higher seeded teams home field. The four losers play at Marion on Friday, the four winners play at Marion on Saturday. Resume play on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Friday in necessary. The match ups for Thursday, I think, goes like this. Marion vs East Ridge, Hixson vs Bledsoe, CCS vs Grundy, and Sequatchie vs Notre Dame. The first team listed will be the host team on Thursday. I think this is right, could be wrong.

What's the schedule and times for the games in Jasper and what about the play in games? Who is playing who?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sequatchie 9-6 over Notre Dame. ND led 5-0 by mid-third. Sequatchie kept their composure and confidence, scored 3 in the third on four straight hits, led 7-5 in the 5th with a walk, hit batter, 2 RBI single and fielder's choice/RBI. Two more in the sixth with a pair of two-out hits. ND scored one in the top of the 7th.

Hixson got past Bledsoe and from the sound of it, was a bit fortunate to do so:

The play caused some controversy because it appeared that Bledsoe left fielder Chase Brown had made a diving catch. The umpire ruled, however, that Brown trapped the ball.

That doesn't mean they wouldn't have gone on to win anyway, just that even the writer agreed it should have been an out on the game-winning hit.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/ma...pes-win/?sports

winners bracket valley side

marion v ccs

losers bracket valley side

grundy v east ridge

winners bracket city side

hixson v sequatchie

losers bracket city side

notre dame v bledsoe.

and im pretty sure that the bases were loaded for the wildcats on the catch/no catch call with only one out. so the runner from third wouldve tagged im guessing?? and scored anyways. might be wrong on that...but the rest of the games went as planned.