District 3 A/AA Tournament Seeding

SeymourSoccer5

Due to the conditions of our field the Carter - Fulton game for tonight has been cancelled. We have rescheduled the game for Tuesday night, 6:00 at Fulton.

The winner will play Wednesday night against the winner of the Berean/Gibbs game.

That is tough not getting to play at home.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosby D W 7-0

South Doyle W 2-0

Austin-East D W 6-0

Jefferson Co. W 4-3

Harriman D W 10-1

Hardin Valley W 4-2

Berean Christian W 6-1

Seymour D W 7-3

Gibbs D W 6-0

Alcoa D T 2-2

Grace Christian D W 6-0

Sullivan Central N Jon Metcalf Invitational W 7-4

David Crockett N Jon Metcalf Invitational W 6-0

Chuckey-Doak N John Metcalf Invitational W 4-0

Elizabethton N Jon Metcalf Invitational W 6-1

Fulton D W 9-1

Heritage W 5-0

There is no comparison that Alcoa played a much tougher schedule with several AAA powerhouses. Seymour's nonconference schedule was also tougher than Carter's.

If I do recall correct Seymour played Jeff county in a tournement and lost(correct if Im wrong) and lost pretty bad against Carter. And between Alcoa and Carter. They both tied seeing...Alcoa was playing catch up the whole game being down by 1 the whole game. Carter had one Mistake and Alcoa took advantage and tied it(Props to Alcoa and great squad with fantastic character)...both pretty even teams though.

I know this forum is for debate and opinions. but from Alcoa, I know the type of squads both seymour and carter bring to each match. I respect them highly and look forward to our matches everytime, because it is always a hard fought rivalry match in the spirit of high school sports. I don't want any message on here to seem like it is coming from the Tornadoes Squad. I'm very happy that each of our teams are getting more respect around the state for having good squads and can be competitive with some of the better teams in the state.

Tom Gorman

Head Coach, Alcoa Men's Soccer

When Seymour, Alcoa, and Carter play you can throw the records, the schedules, and the previous game out the window...they don't mean a thing. Every game is a brand new event. It is good soccer by three teams that have worked hard over the years to build a solid soccer program. I have the utmost respect for Coach Gorman, Coach Norwood and the teams they coach. They are quality sides!

Coach Gene Chunn

Carter High School

Seymour 4 cosby 0

Alcoa 4 Grace 0

Word is Gibbs beat Berean but I do not have a score

Yes, Gibbs won 2 - 1 over Berean. Eagles still struggle to finish in the net (18 shots on goal) ,but a big return to the squad was Junior GK Tyler Fuhler. He was out for the last 2 weeks with a high ankle sprain and wasn't to return for the season. He gave it a go and made 3-4 incredible saves to keep the Eagles on top.