TSSAA got too much authority?

dubc

As I came on the board this morning I read where TSSAA punished a couple of schools boys soccer teams for a fight that happened a few weeks ago. I believe the schools had already punished the players by sitting out a few games, but now the "Godlike" TSSAA is restricting the teams even further and a fine also. Where does this dictatorship end?

I know we don't see much fighting in softball, but I do have a problem with the 50% rule. Travel ball should never be under TSSAA rule. Who do they think they are constantly telling players/coaches what can/can't be done while not participating in school sports?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're comparing it to offseason practices when a team is basically together in an out of school league.

And so you agree? Sounds like the Obama bunch to me....They shouldn't have any authority over our kids when not playing school ball....Sure does restrict kids enjoying being able to play together....

I am not really seeing where this is "God" like power....Do you really want the high school coach having the ability to control your daughter from the moment she becomes a 9th grader until she graduates?

Good thought....I could see that happening with the egos that are out there, travel coaches and high school coaches, good point, but still hancuffing the kids...

And so you agree? Sounds like the Obama bunch to me....They shouldn't have any authority over our kids when not playing school ball....Sure does restrict kids enjoying being able to play together....

Now dis is got my dander up. Yea da TSSAA is a necessary but dis is plum crazy. I'd drag em to "Judge Judy" and let her work it out.

It tis my guess dat Judge Judy would take em to da wood shed cuz they should not have this type of power.

Thank you and good bye. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Now dis is got my dander up. Yea da TSSAA is a necessary but dis is plum crazy. I'd drag em to "Judge Judy" and let her work it out.

It tis my guess dat Judge Judy would take em to da wood shed cuz they should not have this type of power.

Thank you and good bye. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh no doubt, somebody has to make rules.........just thinkin they oversteppin in this area...........

As I came on the board this morning I read where TSSAA punished a couple of schools boys soccer teams for a fight that happened a few weeks ago. I believe the schools had already punished the players by sitting out a few games, but now the "Godlike" TSSAA is restricting the teams even further and a fine also. Where does this dictatorship end?

I know we don't see much fighting in softball, but I do have a problem with the 50% rule. Travel ball should never be under TSSAA rule. Who do they think they are constantly telling players/coaches what can/can't be done while not participating in school sports?

I'll have to disagree in part. It seems that the "typical" way to solve a problem on the soccer field is to fight on the field, in the stands, and even in the parking lot. That garbage needs to be stopped BEFORE it trickles down into the high school games. I do believe that the "schools" need to be held accountable for fights. Yes there are high strung emotions in any sport, but it is the job of the coach to watch her/his team and head things off like this before it gets started. The officials are there to step in on the field and stop things like this before they escalate to the point of a fight. We all see in basketball when the officials let things get too physical and out of control what happens. Coaches have to hold players accountable to the team and to the school. The officials have to hold coaches, players, and fans accountable for their actions. TSSAA has to hold the officials and schools accountable. There HAS to be a governing body to step in and keep things in order. Every individual player on the court or field is there as a representative of their individual school. What they do reflects on their school. Coaches and school officials need to be more careful in putting players in "play" who can't control their emotions. At the high school level, players should be there. For my 2 cents, the ruling should stand. My apologies for continuing this soccer discussion on a softball thread.

I'll have to disagree in part. It seems that the "typical" way to solve a problem on the soccer field is to fight on the field, in the stands, and even in the parking lot. That garbage needs to be stopped BEFORE it trickles down into the high school games. I do believe that the "schools" need to be held accountable for fights. Yes there are high strung emotions in any sport, but it is the job of the coach to watch her/his team and head things off like this before it gets started. The officials are there to step in on the field and stop things like this before they escalate to the point of a fight. We all see in basketball when the officials let things get too physical and out of control what happens. Coaches have to hold players accountable to the team and to the school. The officials have to hold coaches, players, and fans accountable for their actions. TSSAA has to hold the officials and schools accountable. There HAS to be a governing body to step in and keep things in order. Every individual player on the court or field is there as a representative of their individual school. What they do reflects on their school. Coaches and school officials need to be more careful in putting players in "play" who can't control their emotions. At the high school level, players should be there. For my 2 cents, the ruling should stand. My apologies for continuing this soccer discussion on a softball thread.

Agreed on everyones accountibility....and could as easily be softball.... so after already sitting out games, your ok with these kids being punished again? Remember, its about too much authority............

Over 200 views in only a couple of hours since posted.... Lets her from ya.....The "Thought Police" are in Washington!

Agreed on everyones accountibility....and could as easily be softball.... so after already sitting out games, your ok with these kids being punished again? Remember, its about too much authority............

TSSAA, nor any other governing body, should have absolute authority. I will not hold to punishing kids who were not involved. If as a whole, the team was involved, then yes...TSSAA should step in with strict punishment. If it is 2 or 3 hotheads, then lower the punishment on them and send a message to everyone else. I do think that the school should be brought into the mix as far as punishment goes. If a basketball coach gets 2 technical fouls in a game, what fines/punishments are passed to them and the school? If a softball coach says too much to an official, he/she is tossed from the game. I will agree that removing both teams from postseason play because of the actions of 2 or 3 kids fighting is too much. I don't know the soccer regulations in place by TSSAA for situations like this, but if they were written beforehand then the punishment needs to stand. Rules are not suggestions. However, if TSSAA just said ahhhhhh, let's suspend both teams, then I do have a problem with that.