District 3A tournament

olerockyrebel

Rockwood, Harriman, Midway, Grace, and Greenback are in this district. Who wins this district?

I'm locked between Grace and Harriman because they split in the regular season, you have to watch for Harriman I believe cause its their home field but as you know anything can happen! But does anybody also know the exact games to be played and when they start?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood v. Midway was supposed to be played on Friday, but got washed out.

They are set to play Mon. at 3:30 with the winner playing Grace immediatley following at 5:30

Harriman will play Greenback in the late game slated for 7:30

All of this is weather permitting, and there has been a TON of rain over the past 3 days

Rockwood v. Midway was supposed to be played on Friday, but got washed out.

They are set to play Mon. at 3:30 with the winner playing Grace immediatley following at 5:30

Harriman will play Greenback in the late game slated for 7:30

All of this is weather permitting, and there has been a TON of rain over the past 3 days

I just got word from a friend down in Midway they got to play but all other games were postponed.

I just got word from a friend down in Midway they got to play but all other games were postponed.

yeah Rockwood got there field ready for the games today. Midway and Rockwood played and Rockwood won 8 to 0. Rockwood was supposed to play Grace at 5:30 but it started raining. Rockwood and Grace will play tomm at 5:30 and Harriman and Greenback play right after. AT ROCKWOOD

The Alex Bear kid pitched a good game he only threw 71 pitches in a full game. It looks like he should be good to throw tommorrow in the Grace game if needed. Tyler Skidmore set the pace for Rockwood today with the first a bat of the game with a first pitch homer to center field.

Any word on the result of the Rockwood - Midway game?

Odd to see Rockwood so far down this year. It has been the school's worst season since 1995 and only their second overall losing record since the drop to single A in 1998. From the looks of things, all the teams seem kinda down this year. Hopefully whoever gets out of the district tourney will have a good showing in the rest of the postseason and the entire district will bounce back next season.

Odd to see Rockwood so far down this year. It has been the school's worst season since 1995 and only their second overall losing record since the drop to single A in 1998. From the looks of things, all the teams seem kinda down this year. Hopefully whoever gets out of the district tourney will have a good showing in the rest of the postseason and the entire district will bounce back next season.

They graduated 13 from a single A school, and returned only 1 player with varsity time, a "down" year was expected

They graduated 13 from a single A school, and returned only 1 player with varsity time, a "down" year was expected

I am not knocking Rockwood this season in any way. What they accomplished over the past decade is impressive, especially considering prior to 1999 they had 5 or so district championships in the entire history of the school. That being said, when a team has 10 seasons with 7 state tournament appearances and 2 other substate years, you get used to seeing them playing deep into May. I would be surprised if they don't bounce back in the next few years.

Beat the #1 seed, and heading to the region play-offs

Not to bad for being "so far down this year"

Beat the #1 seed, and heading to the region play-offs

Not to bad for being "so far down this year"

well webb. is 14-13 this year... and they beat harriman 3 times this year.. i feel like the district is down.. and they beat grace 13 to 0... so yah the district is down

well webb. is 14-13 this year... and they beat harriman 3 times this year.. i feel like the district is down.. and they beat grace 13 to 0... so yah the district is down

You are going to compare a private school that costs $15 grand a year and has students from 15 states and 8 foreign countries to a single A predominant public school district in east TN????

Apples and Oranges Pal