LION"S BASEBALL (Columbia Central)

curtislowe

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have good players, the boys work hard, they play all summer long, they raise bunches of money. They are now HOME. What could be the problem?

I don't know...but you have a great username/display name.

I'm an Overton booster and Columbia handed us one of our very few losses. We didn't play our best that day, to be honest, but taking nothing away from them -- they were a very good hitting team.

Very nice field, too.

They have good players, the boys work hard, they play all summer long, they raise bunches of money. They are now HOME. What could be the problem?

What happened is they play in District 8 AAA, that is extremely competitive. There is not a lot of difference in the District teams, especially this year. Tournament baseball is about who is hot at the time they play the tournament. Any of the teams could win the tournament without it being much of a surprise. Columbia couldn't get past Coffee Co, which apparently played its best baseball this week.

Coffee County is a very good hitting team with solid pitching. Columbia didn't just lay down to anyone. Like ORANGEOWL said... it's whoever is hot this time of year in the tournaments and District 8AAA is a tough district. Coffee County is hot right now and has played good baseball for most of the year. Columbia should be good again next year??¦ all their pitching is returning and most of their line-up. I know the catcher, 1B and a OF are seniors... not really sure how many others. A few players were injured this season that could have helped them and will help them next season. Columbia will have a good summer season and that should lead to good things next spring.

so columbia and shelbyville are both out?

yep

Its amazing what can happen in 2 days with baseball...

I really hate how in 8AAA the regular season means nothing. As anyone can see byes don't help as much as a goal of getting 1st place and an automatic bid.

Aren't most of the Baseball Districts set up that way?

Everyone plays District Tournament, no matter regular season records.

If that's the case then the regular season really doesn't mean anything. Bragging Rights I guess.

Why wouldn't they just limit it to the top 4 or something for District tournament play?

Just asking.

Aren't most of the Baseball Districts set up that way?

Everyone plays District Tournament, no matter regular season records.

If that's the case then the regular season really doesn't mean anything. Bragging Rights I guess.

Why wouldn't they just limit it to the top 4 or something for District tournament play?

Just asking.

The coaches vote on how they want to set up the district tournament. District 7AAA and other districts, have the regular season champion getting an automatic berth in the Region tourney. There are pros and cons on any way you run a district tournament. It's unfortunate for Columbia and Shelbyville to not make the Region, but it's great for Lawrence Co and Coffee Co.