Softball Players that play Basketball

ISTHATRIGHT

Here is an idea. Go to school during school time, and practice after school like some schools have to do. Let's make it a level playing field for all. Then, you get rid of this problem. I agree that if a girl wants to play softball, she should not have to (or even be allowed to) play basketball during that time. There is a flip side to this. While this girl is playing softball and the "basketball only" girls are playing AAU to get better and dedicating all of their time to basketball, the two 3-sport athletes may lose a couple spots on the depth charts.

Not if the softball/volleyball player(s) is better than the AAU girl(s) anyway. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

All AAU teams aren't that great. In fact, I've seen some that cause a players' talent to digress. I mean they couldn't even beat a mediocre high school team. And some of the AAU coaches? WHOA! So, playing AAU doesn't mean you're good...just like playing ASA softball doesn't...necessarily. It just means you got to play against some of the 'big dogs.'

I always wonder when basketball season starts why some girls that 'brag' that they played AAU in the Spring haven't gotten any better. Some got 'it' and some don't. Some get 'it' and some don't.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if the softball/volleyball player(s) is better than the AAU girl(s) anyway. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

All AAU teams aren't that great. In fact, I've seen some that cause a players' talent to digress. I mean they couldn't even beat a mediocre high school team. And some of the AAU coaches? WHOA! So, playing AAU doesn't mean you're good...just like playing ASA softball doesn't...necessarily. It just means you got to play against some of the 'big dogs.'

I always wonder when basketball season starts why some girls that 'brag' that they played AAU in the Spring haven't gotten any better. Some got 'it' and some don't. Some get 'it' and some don't.

I totally 100% agree with your statements. If the softball/volleyball players are better, then by all means they need to play. And just because the one-sporters are playing AAU does not make them any better. I just used AAU as an example of a "one-sporter" spending time in the off season to make themselves better. Playing year round (in most cases) does give them advantage when season rolls around.

Right Dad, there comes a time/age that the so called aau/travel/select players get weeded out no matter what sport it is, they just dont have what it takes to cut it......But the ones that dont "Get it" are the parents that keep thinkin their kids are all headin for the "big time" ..... And there are always other venues for the kids to pursue once they and their parents reconize they lack what it takes....