Coffee County vs Football School

MrNoitAll

COFFEE COUNTY WINS 8-7. WHAT A GAME!!

Your right - WHAT A GAME !!! Two very good teams went toe to toe for 7 innings. Had to be a tough game for both teams as momentum went from one team to the other. But what a great game for the fans!!! Has to be one of the best if not the best High School game I have ever watched. Congrats to both teams and good luck the rest of the way. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see my best friend has a very selective memory he can only remember when he is right but never when he is wrong! But being the underdog ain't the right word.....you see we have a surprise that no one is a talkin about! It is that we have "Lucky" on our side and if you cannot be at the game he will tell you how it is and he is only the best boardcaster in the world...............or maybe in Coffee County but he sure is dang good! GO CC!!!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> So don't ever use that word again.....underdog to the football school is crazy! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> They are good but sometimes they think they are better than what they are people that brag are only foolin themselves....been hearin a lot from those folks over there how good they are and you better keep that mouth shut or CC will do it for you! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I'll take Coffee Co. but the world would be nice. Hope to see you Friday. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I can't believe that Coffee Co. gave up 7 runs in a single game with the GREAT pitching we've been hearing about alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll year. Give up 7 runs to Ooltewah or Soddy Daisy and you are DONE FOR THE YEAR.

Who pitched for dem 2 teams. Was it da "aces"? If it wuz...these two teams may be in a world of hurt between now and da sectionals. They both is two fine, fine teams but as "Mr. Wilson" say's: "If a team gives up 7 or 8 runs they is gonna be paying to get in da "Boro". /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I can't believe that Coffee Co. gave up 7 runs in a single game with the GREAT pitching we've been hearing about alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll year. Give up 7 runs to Ooltewah or Soddy Daisy and you are DONE FOR THE YEAR.

It is unbelievable that no matter how hard two good teams play there always has to be someone trying to throw egg in someones face. A simple good job would have been sufficient.

It is unbelievable that no matter how hard two good teams play there always has to be someone trying to throw egg in someones face. A simple good job would have been sufficient.

Well sometimes my best friend ("birdman") says things that he does not really know much about but hey he is rich, has a big house, lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, fancy cars, 401, mutual funds, savins account, credit cards, boats, golf clubs, a hot wife, so we can over look some minor faults that he has....I heard that he believes that 840 can beat Dickson County also......but we all know that the "football school" ain't goin beat our CC ladies and 840 is packin their bags for next year! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Who pitched for dem 2 teams. Was it da "aces"? If it wuz...these two teams may be in a world of hurt between now and da sectionals. They both is two fine, fine teams but as "Mr. Wilson" say's: "If a team gives up 7 or 8 runs they is gonna be paying to get in da "Boro". /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

This question brings up a very important but often overlooked part of the game. And before I go one step farther I want to commend the two guys that umpired this game. We won, and it's easy for me to say that but these guys did a great job working together and calling a consistent game. I chart all the pitches and sometimes I don't have the best view, but if that is all you are doing, (which helps keep me out of trouble) you can tell if a ball is close, or maybe a couple of inches lower.

I get tickled when sometimes mommy (mine too) fusses at an umpire for calling a strike on one pitch and ball on the next and the kid had thrown a curve ball on one pitch and a fastball on the next. Fans can't see the movement on the pitch, most of the time all they can go by is where the glove ended up.

(I will say right here I am guilty of getting zoned in sometimes and a kid on the other team makes a great pitch for a called third strike. Sometimes I will forget my self and start to cheer for the pitcher because it was just a great pitch. Thankfully most of the mommies on our side know I am nuts anyway.) /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Anyway, back to my point....I think the total number of runs scored in this game was a direct result of the umpires strike zone. And, I think the guy was dead on. My daughter will probably kill me for saying this but I think what we saw last night is exactly what we should have been seeing all year long. I think the guy did a great job of calling the zone as it is stated in the rule book and when the pitchers had to bring the ball in the zone, the ball got hit. From there it is just a matter of who hits better or makes less errors or just gets lucky.

Case in point, I heard Coach Acheson of Tennessee Tech talk about playing Alabama in the Super Regionals a couple of years ago. They beat them once and went to the "what if" game on Saturday and scored 10 runs on Alabama. How many times do you score 10 and not win? The problem was Alabama scored 19. He said that in that game a couple of the Alabama parents had to be physically removed from the game by security for getting on the umpire. lol...29 runs in a seven inning softball game is probably a little much, but I think you see what I am talking about.

Why am I putting this on here? For the pitchers.... Mine got an inning of it. She gave up two runs. Kristen Swan did a super job of keeping her composure and doing what she had to do to win the game....and just by the way, my opinion and mine alone is that Kristen Swan should be your 8AAA MVP this year. No disrespect to anyone else but the kid has done everything except sell popcorn between innings this year. Her leadership and maturity has kept this team together and I know what ever she does in life she will be successful.

Last but not least Lincoln County is a great well coached ball team. We are 2-2 with them on the year. Tanner Sanders did a great job pitching last night as well. She, nor none of the girls on either side have anything to hang their heads about.

Who am I picking in the next game? Too close to call. If you come watch it you better bring your "nervous medicine". Either way it has been a great representation of 8AAA softball.

Who am I picking in the next game? Too close to call. If you come watch it you better bring your "nervous medicine". Either way it has been a great representation of 8AAA softball.

Well if you are lookin for a good Doc for some pills we have gotten here in T'town. Dr. Feelgood has the best pills for anything just ask Bobby Joe and takes them everyday and he nevers gets nervous even when they turn off his water or gas! Always very calm just let me know if you need some because he is really good! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well if you are lookin for a good Doc for some pills we have gotten here in T'town. Dr. Feelgood has the best pills for anything just ask Bobby Joe and takes them everyday and he nevers gets nervous even when they turn off his water or gas! Always very calm just let me know if you need some because he is really good! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Put a stand up at game I am sure you will sell out.

Well Lincoln has to get by a pretty good Lawrence County team before you go picking who wins between Licoln and CC.

Sorry about that Warhawk...I did not mean to disrespect Lawrence County at all. They are a good team. I'm still kind of brain dead from last night.