This year's surprises from Birdie and "MrNoitAll

MrNoitAll

I don't think that it is a "Can Dickson beat Beech thing at this point" and it is probably more like the "one game at time" approach from here on out for most teams. I don't know a lot about WC other than they DO have a good record and the only thing that I have really heard about WC is that they have not been able to beat possibly "the best team in the state" as people have stated...and there is no doubt that they probably are and with that, being a # 2 to a team like Beech should speak for itself (but not sure about the other schools in that district).

With Dickson, I have only seen them play a handful of times, but follow this district and yes...Rossview is a very solid team and NE can put a good game together and be tough to be beat as well. Early on, I heard they (DC) were having a difficult time "closing" games out...get the early lead and losing it in the late innings....maybe because they are a very young team with only 1 senior. Example...I heard they had Riverdale down 4-1 in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs....Riverdale scores 5 runs with the two outs and wins 6-4. With this, they have dropped a few games that they probably shouldn't have. But yes, they have played a lot of good competition outside of middle TN and outside of the state.

Now and during the latter part of the season, DC seems to be closing games out and playing with a lot of determination...maybe the younger players are growing up fast, maybe it is good leadership from the senior, maybe it is just the fact that they now really want to win and feel like they can?

As far as this DC / WC game....it should be a good one as I would think that most games going forward should be. In fact, there's probably a lot of other teams left out there as well as a couple not advancing that could have or potential will make some noise in the state if they catch a few breaks (Not taking anything away from Lawrence Co, but I am still surprised that Lincoln Co's season is over).

As far as the hype meter being way too high for Dickson as someone said, I think that is only because probably 90% of the posts these days are related to Wilson Central (or at least that is how it seems to be) and Dickson just happens to be the next team on the schedule for them.

Regardless, Dickson has some great girls on this squad and although it would be a huge disappointment for them to end the season tomorrow, they've had a great / successful season and they should be very proud of what they have accomplished with the 30-10 record they have to date.

Good luck to both Rossview and Dickson tomorrow (and other teams not playing them /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

I think your right, Spec8......we aint been able to beat Beech, and pretty much the only trouble for us district wise, even though Hendersonville, Mt Juliet still pretty scrappy....

Sounds like DC peaking at right time, and we play pretty consistant ball, but like any team, we can always have ups and downs...should be a good one today and both teams win or lose can be proud....

We aint played Riverdale, but I have seen em' play a couple of times, and I've seen Beech plenty, so if their top 10 teams, we right there with them, all good teams.....So good luck to all....

GO WILDCATS !

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.............you are going to feel SO stupid tomorrow...........

Have you even seen WC play?

"Birdman" your "buddy" is about as right about this one as he was Camden vs. Lexington last week, but thats great cause I need something to wash down that hotdog he owes me at the "Boro" /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I think your right, Spec8......we aint been able to beat Beech, and pretty much the only trouble for us district wise, even though Hendersonville, Mt Juliet still pretty scrappy....

Sounds like DC peaking at right time, and we play pretty consistant ball, but like any team, we can always have ups and downs...should be a good one today and both teams win or lose can be proud....

We aint played Riverdale, but I have seen em' play a couple of times, and I've seen Beech plenty, so if their top 10 teams, we right there with them, all good teams.....So good luck to all....

GO WILDCATS !

Most definitely...I think anything can happen in this one with two good teams. Will just have to wait and see who is eating hotdogs and who is eating crow?

Just hope to see the SUN soon...have a safe trip down I-40 and good luck to you as well!

"Birdman" your "buddy" is about as right about this one as he was Camden vs. Lexington last week, but thats great cause I need something to wash down that hotdog he owes me at the "Boro" /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

yep I will be a laughin my buns off when these scores start comein about these outside schools...I sure hope that you have been to the "Big Ones" contest because that shows who the newbies are and the smart ones /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

yep I will be a laughin my buns off when these scores start comein about these outside schools...I sure hope that you have been to the "Big Ones" contest because that shows who the newbies are and the smart ones /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I was just tryin to give you a chance to square up on that hotdog! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I was just tryin to give you a chance to square up on that hotdog! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I sure hope that you have gotten your picks in today! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />