Alcoa vs. Carter

BigG

Alcoa SCORES on a FREE KICK with less than 3 minutes left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost as good as being there. Unbelievable game.

GAME!

Alcoa 4

Carter 3

Carter has several really close chances with only seconds left.

I got tired just reading the posts! Congrats Alcoa/Akula!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great game! This may sound cliche, but neither team deserved to lose this one. So many momentum shifts I lost count. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> G, thanks for giving the updates. Saved me from having to type it out, haha.

For the most part the field seemed to be in good shape. The only exception was down the sideline on the home side of the field, but that's to be expected with the weather as of late.

While all of the goals were nice, three of them were really top notch. Sherrod took on three defenders for his goal in the first half and then placed it just underneath the crossbar. Wow! Alcoa's number 5's goal in the 75th minute just outside the 18 was beautiful, and Austin Stone's direct kick from 28 yards out was not only pretty, but incredibly clutch. Brodus' play throughout the game was especially impressive as well.

Congrats to both teams for a well played game. It was well worth the price of admission! Good luck to both teams in the region. You're both excellent representatives of the District.

I haven't read the posts, but wanted to add my thoughts. First off, I have way more grey hair now than at 7pm. 2nd, I hope anyone that questions whether carter is a quality TEAM, got their answer. Far more that the Sherrod and Co. show. We knew that coming in and we still couldn't stop them. Some classic finishes by both teams. I'm sure others will fill in the details or already have, but I wanted to say good luck to Carter and I definitely have even more respect for you now than I did before the game. And I respected you guys alot before we kicked off. Keep your head up and get ready for tuesday.

On a side note: I mentioned to someone at the CAK/Catholic game how much fun it was to watch but I'd dread coaching in one that exciting. I guess it is a good thing I started yoga this morning, b/c I'm not sure I could have survived this one otherwise. =)

Welcome to the gray hair club, my friend. I got PLENTY last night.

On a separate note, either way this game went, it is somewhat bitter sweet. You all know that Akula (Coach Gorman) and I are very good friends, but some may not also know that Coach Chunn and I are very close, as well. I have coached his son in some AYSO camps, and really enjoy conversing with him. He is a great guy! Playing against either of these teams puts me up against a truly good man. Also, as deadly as Mark Sherrod is, he is one quality young man, as well. I am actually looking forward to watching him play! I love this game, and love watching people who are good at it! I also am looking forward to talking with him. He has a bright future ahead!

It's fun to play against your friends. I know it will be a hard fought but clean and classy match. I just wish it wasn't an elimination match. But that is how it goes. Good luck to Alcoa, and Coach Chunn, we will see you on Tuesday at 7:00.

Oh it hit the area pretty hard Sportsnut! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wow, I should have caught what you were alluding to much quicker. But I can honestly say that the momentum at the end of the game had swung back to carter and I was fearing the next goal and overtime. I actually spoke to our trainer about how to replenish our electrolytes and talking to players that would need to come on and give us minutes to survive extra time. I've been involved in some classics (if only in my own mind) and this ranks right up there with the rest.

While I was leaving to store our match gear, a man hung around to ask if I was the alcoa coach. It turned out to be mark's father. My own father was at the game to support me and later give me his strong opinion on how the match played out. Mr. Sherrod shook my hand and wished us the best of luck, I didn't handle the compliment and reciprocate it well enough. But it just shows me there are still good/great guys out there.