Lawrence County@Blackman

TheFridge06

Congrats Lawrence County on a good year. You played well down the stretch and hung in there well tonight. I'm wondering if Sisco played for Blackman. By the way, I've been meaning to say this. The catch that the Lawrence County leftfielder made in the opening game of the district tournament against Lincoln County was probably the best I've seen at the high school level. He had to come from a mile away going full speed and he made a diving catch against the fence. It was unreal. Congrats again Lawrence County on making it this far.

Sisco played..... He went 1 for 2 with a walk and single.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sisco played..... He went 1 for 2 with a walk and single.

Not bad considering what he was going through. It almost hurt me watching him hobble around on one leg... LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now what I'm about to say may make it seem as if I am making a good game seem really just lucky to have happened. First off Lawrence Co. played a great game and really hung in there with the Blaze. However I want to say that Blackman was very close to breaking it open several times. 2 inning ending double plays with runners on 1st and 2nd as well as a bases loaded one out jam which Blackman only managed one run kept this game from being a blowout.

Having said this, I have to give Lawrence Co. credit! They made the plays to keep themselves close just in the end Ross Mitchell was just too much on the mound for LC to overcome.

Only 5 runs on 10 hits will not cut it for Blackman... tonight was a poor performance with risp for the Blaze. It will be crucial to score these runs later especially if Sisco cannot come back to pitch (which is doubtful). We're going to find ourselves in high scoring games and finding those key hits will be big.

Good game tonight! Good win by Blackman! Have to finish though against Coffee Co. on Wednesday! Need those big hits!

Not bad considering what he was going through. It almost hurt me watching him hobble around on one leg... LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yeah, it was not very pleasant to watch tonight. He was definitely in some pain. We told him if he hits a homer then he doesn't have to hobble very fast... apparently he likes doing things the hard way. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Good to see him back out there tonight. I'd doubt if he played much Wednesday. Definitely need him for Friday. Hopefully he'll be able to get through without further injuring himself.

Well the ride came to an end but I just want to thank Lawrence Co players for an amazing four years. Its been amazing to watch the 10 seniors play from summer ball to the high school years. You have accomplished more than most people would ever dream about. You were all part of the state championships in babe ruth to 3 region trips in high school. You all played a part if it was just being the DH or pitching in non-district games. You all have a lot to be proud of and thanks for one heck of a game tonight in region. You made the plays on defense to keep it close but just couldnt get the runs. Dylan and Zach: step up as leaders and continue the ride because I will say it right now. Lawrence Co will be in the hunt to go to region next year. A lot of talent watched the seniors play and they are ready.