• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how far back is a few years?

Dustin Lendsay?

Chris Shiverdecker?

too far back? some people wont believe me but Chris shiverdeckers highschool highlight film was more impressive than reggie bushs highlight film. I promise

No, Reggie did his against kids in Cali, thats what makes his 10 times more impressive..

BUT I agree, Shiverdecker should be on there, he was sick...

1. Scotty Whitt Clinton

2.Hickey Cleveland

3. Reggie Cobb

4. Shawn Summers Oak Ridge

5. Leroy Thompson

6.Shawn Bohannon Oak Ridge

7.Dennis Rogan Fulton

8. Alebert Harris A-E

9.Gerald Riggs Red Bank

10. Spencer Glumire Oak Ridge

I agree with you about Scotty Whitt as #1

#2 Travis Cozart from LC, I believe he was a RB, I just remember him running the ball and was flat out amazing. He was a lot like Whitt.

#3 Dante Hickey was immaculate. I remember that is the only RB I didn't want to hit when playing against him.

#4 Reggie "Tore me up in Intramurals" Cobb

#5 Gerald Riggs

#6 Rommel Hightower

#7 Al Harris

#8 Mounts kid from AC (I remember him staying in motion every time and would run, pass, and receive. I think he also kicked and punted for them too.

#9 Shawn Summers

#10 That kid from Farragut a couple of years ago. Saw him play and he was impressive.

These are all guys I have seen play in person so I am sure there are plenty more to add.

#2 Travis Cozart from LC, I believe he was a RB, I just remember him running the ball and was flat out amazing. He was a lot like Whitt.

#3 Dante Hickey was immaculate. I remember that is the only RB I didn't want to hit when playing against him.

#5 Gerald Riggs

#6 Rommel Hightower

#7 Al Harris

#8 Mounts kid from AC (I remember him staying in motion every time and would run, pass, and receive. I think he also kicked and punted for them too.

#9 Shawn Summers

#10 That kid from Farragut a couple of years ago. Saw him play and he was impressive.

These are all guys I have seen play in person so I am sure there are plenty more to add.

Nick Moore ??? from Farragut ???? (Nick is Definitely top 10 material, a great Runningback and even better guy... THE TERMINATOR !)

Heard alot about Travis Cozart, Heard the boys in Bucktown still can't catch him

Nick Moore ??? from Farragut ???? (Nick is Definitely top 10 material, a great Runningback and even better guy... THE TERMINATOR !)

Heard alot about Travis Cozart, Heard the boys in Bucktown still can't catch him

Cozart and Whitt were about as good as any athlete I have seen on any level, and yes that means NFL level too.

The best back I have seen from the east-TN area (which I am not 100% familiar with now....) in recent years is Dennis Rogan. I had the chance to see him in back-to-back weeks in the 2006 playoffs when Fulton played Pearl Cohn in the semifinals and then when Fulton played David Lipscomb in the title game. He was a great high school football player.

I saw the 2000 Red Bank team that won it all and Gerald Riggs was a stud at RB. He was also a great player. I remember watching him and being really impressed when Red Bank beat Riverdale that year in the state title game. The weather was a blizzard that night........loved it!

I saw both Dustin Linsday & Chris Shiverdecker when they played at Alcoa from 2004-2006. Both of them were outstanding high school running backs. Both of them also get "punished" in arguments like these because they both played with a huge amount of talent surrounding them on the offensive side of the football (Fiegler, Cobb, Warren, Lanxter, Love, Sommer, etc., etc.). They were never in a position to have to "put the Tornadoes on their backs and carry them" because Alcoa was crushing everyone that they played against during that time.

The best back I have seen from the east-TN area (which I am not 100% familiar with now....) in recent years is Dennis Rogan. I had the chance to see him in back-to-back weeks in the 2006 playoffs when Fulton played Pearl Cohn in the semifinals and then when Fulton played David Lipscomb in the title game. He was a great high school football player.

I saw the 2000 Red Bank team that won it all and Gerald Riggs was a stud at RB. He was also a great player. I remember watching him and being really impressed when Red Bank beat Riverdale that year in the state title game. The weather was a blizzard that night........loved it!

I saw both Dustin Linsday & Chris Shiverdecker when they played at Alcoa from 2004-2006. Both of them were outstanding high school running backs. Both of them also get "punished" in arguments like these because they both played with a huge amount of talent surrounding them on the offensive side of the football (Fiegler, Cobb, Warren, Lanxter, Love, Sommer, etc., etc.). They were never in a position to have to "put the Tornadoes on their backs and carry them" because Alcoa was crushing everyone that they played against during that time.

Agreed, Rogan was nasty, Who was the RB from AE around the same time Rogan played, I remeber him being untouchable as well!

#5 Gerald Riggs

#6 Rommel Hightower

#7 Al Harris

#9 Shawn Summers

Farragut had a guy named Sterling that was pretty good a couple years ago