New State Polls Out- 5/11

PabloSanchez

who pitched??? this game really means nothing for either one... except who travels... if bearden wastes a good pitcher tonight they won't have him friday if they need him... they understood the deal... is farragut good... sure... are they as good as last year? probably not... 06? probably 04? no way...

i say keep your mouth shut, don't complain and play hard, seems to work for Coach Pharr?

didn't mean anything? tell that to bearden who now has to travel 2 hours and play one of the best teams in the state, while Farragut gets to play davey crockett at home. so if anyone needs to shut their mouth, it would be you because you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. E for effort though.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't mean anything? tell that to bearden who now has to travel 2 hours and play one of the best teams in the state, while Farragut gets to play davey crockett at home. so if anyone needs to shut their mouth, it would be you because you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. E for effort though.

Wow we get a road trip!! get a clue.... oh i forgot your on a siesta! wake up and smell the coffee...

Mcminn Central (30-5) ranked number 8 in AA has beat Unicoi who is ranked 5th 12-0 in 5 innings and Marion County who is ranked 3rd tonight 8-2.. Rankings don't mean too much.

while these are impressive victories that deserve recognition and probably will.. marion and unicoi have track records of getting to the state tourney... all polls reflect past history and current acheivement... mcminn if they keep doing this on a fairly regular basis may have been ranked 5th instead of 8th... and really in a one game situation anything can happen no matter how good you are - you can get mashed or win 12-0 as did the McMinn club... i'd say you can take the top 10 and they could be tossed up and drawn out of a hat this year and probably be just as good - becuase most of these teams are about equal - also most clubs threw off on wednesday saving their best for the game that counts - friday

while these are impressive victories that deserve recognition and probably will.. marion and unicoi have track records of getting to the state tourney... all polls reflect past history and current acheivement... mcminn if they keep doing this on a fairly regular basis may have been ranked 5th instead of 8th... and really in a one game situation anything can happen no matter how good you are - you can get mashed or win 12-0 as did the McMinn club... i'd say you can take the top 10 and they could be tossed up and drawn out of a hat this year and probably be just as good - becuase most of these teams are about equal - also most clubs threw off on wednesday saving their best for the game that counts - friday

When did the "Mcminn Central club" get smashed 12-0??? They've lost 5 games all year 4 of them by 1 run. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

why would they post new polls if it was all about previous records???? that makes no sence. i mean NEW means NEW. old records mean nothing as of now. and current acheivement is true. i mean a 5 game winning streak goin into a sub-state game is pretty good CURRENT ACHIEVEMENT if you ask me.

why would they post new polls if it was all about previous records???? that makes no sence. i mean NEW means NEW. old records mean nothing as of now. and current acheivement is true. i mean a 5 game winning streak goin into a sub-state game is pretty good CURRENT ACHIEVEMENT if you ask me.

Polls almost always, if not always, take the past into consideration... Have you not seen a college football poll before?

Wow we get a road trip!! get a clue.... oh i forgot your on a siesta! wake up and smell the coffee...

so you're telling me you don't get an advantage playing at home? ask buckner how those last 2 Farragut games have gone.. both were AWAY and both times bearden got bent over. so post here tomorrow at this same time and tell me how that roadtrip went.. and make it a thorough description too please, because you will most likely have alot more time on your hands after your season is over.

last time i checked college football and high school baseball where 2 big different sports

I never said they were the same. Polls are polls. Most if not all are subjective and ultimately come down to a group of opinions. Now who is more likely to be ranked ahead of the other? just random numbers I am throwing out btw... a team that has won state 3 of the last 6 years and been to state 12 of the last 13 years and is 37-2.. or a team who is 38-1 and has never been to state? the teams have played eachother twice, with both teams winning a game. now i am sure you will pick the 38-1 team to prove your point, but you know for a fact that isn't how it really works.

I never said they were the same. Polls are polls. Most if not all are subjective and ultimately come down to a group of opinions. Now who is more likely to be ranked ahead of the other? just random numbers I am throwing out btw... a team that has won state 3 of the last 6 years and been to state 12 of the last 13 years and is 37-2.. or a team who is 38-1 and has never been to state? the teams have played eachother twice, with both teams winning a game. now i am sure you will pick the 38-1 team to prove your point, but you know for a fact that isn't how it really works.

You are correct, polls are just opinions and unfortunately a lot of the polsters on the high school level don't even know where some of the schools are located much less have seen them play!! A lot of the votes are simply based on name recognition. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />