Bad Taste

Wave80

I have seen an all-district team in aa that didn't include a young man and it is a travesty. Presumably his own coach didn't include him as a nominee. I have talked to coaches from other teams and they were quite bewildered. No, this has nothing to do with my son. Not even "my" team. Just saw a young man get overlooked and it bothered me. He certainly deserved recognition for his achievements on a team that wasn't good enough to achieve much over the course of the year.

The young many in question is not a problem player. He pretty much minds his own business and works his tail off. His team road his back to some of the few wins it had this year. If this kind of thing is allowed to go on I'd prefer to do away with selection of all district and all-tournament teams.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen an all-district team in aa that didn't include a young man and it is a travesty. Presumably his own coach didn't include him as a nominee. I have talked to coaches from other teams and they were quite bewildered. No, this has nothing to do with my son. Not even "my" team. Just saw a young man get overlooked and it bothered me. He certainly deserved recognition for his achievements on a team that wasn't good enough to achieve much over the course of the year.

The young many in question is not a problem player. He pretty much minds his own business and works his tail off. His team road his back to some of the few wins it had this year. If this kind of thing is allowed to go on I'd prefer to do away with selection of all district and all-tournament teams.

Havent seen the list of players.Is anyone capable of posting or showing where to find 11 AA all district

Havent seen the list of players.Is anyone capable of posting or showing where to find 11 AA all district

I'm talking about a district west of 11-AA. But this is certainly not the first time I've been to the rodeo and seen this kind of stupidity.

no clue as to what you are talking about...just spit it out.

no clue as to what you are talking about...just spit it out.

Trey Tate of Gibson County should have been on the All District and even all dist. tourney team. No way, especially the all dist, he should be left off. But this issue is bigger than this one instance. I've seen it for years going back to my playing days. That's why I laugh at the polls in high school. If the people in charge can't get a regular season all-dist team right, how can they evaluate teams they've never seen from across the state.

Trey Tate of Gibson County should have been on the All District and even all dist. tourney team. No way, especially the all dist, he should be left off. But this issue is bigger than this one instance. I've seen it for years going back to my playing days. That's why I laugh at the polls in high school. If the people in charge can't get a regular season all-dist team right, how can they evaluate teams they've never seen from across the state.

OOO...I agree with you. He should have been on the All-District Tournament FOR SURE!!!

im not positive and i dont mean nothing bad by this, but does the coaches not pick the all district teams? I mean it like this say Gibson County had 30 games 20 non sitrict and 10 district(which is the coaches that voted). He could of had 20 homeruns and 30 rbis and pitched a perfect game everytime that he pitched in the, 20 non-district games and then in the district games he could of played like crap. Its the coaches that pick and it is there perspective that when they played Gibson County that he did not deserve it. I dont mean anything bad by this i have never heard the kids name before im from the east and i have no ideal who the kid is or how he has done this year. This is just my perspecitve, hopefully no one if offended.

im not positive and i dont mean nothing bad by this, but does the coaches not pick the all district teams? I mean it like this say Gibson County had 30 games 20 non sitrict and 10 district(which is the coaches that voted). He could of had 20 homeruns and 30 rbis and pitched a perfect game everytime that he pitched in the, 20 non-district games and then in the district games he could of played like crap. Its the coaches that pick and it is there perspective that when they played Gibson County that he did not deserve it. I dont mean anything bad by this i have never heard the kids name before im from the east and i have no ideal who the kid is or how he has done this year. This is just my perspecitve, hopefully no one if offended.

Are not most high school sports dictated by politics?

Thanks...have watched this scenario play out in other sports too. Shame it happens.

Picks are based on stats and performance. Sometimes there are players that slip through the crack. But for the most part, they get it right.

not always, I have seen advertising dollars donated to the program by the parents buy all district honors for their kid who hardly saw the field all year except from the dugout