Dickson County not "Dancin"

DCdawg

To be among the elite 8 (per classification) that make it to the "Dance", from the District Tournament forward you have to take care of all the fundamentals of Coaching, Pitching, Catching, Fielding, Throwing, Hitting and Running. Then, on top of all this, the sun and the moon have to line up just perfectly. A mere hiccup in any of these areas is the major reason why some of the best teams in the state don't advance to the "Dance". At this point, you have Coffee, Lincoln, Rossview and Ootewah to mention a few that are going to have to buy a ticket to the "Dance" and by Friday there will be 8 additional teams that probably deserve to go that will have to do the same. If you are ever fortunate enough to get there.....believe me.........YOU DESERVE IT!A very good Wilson Central team came into our house last night and TOOK away our opportunity to advance. They jumped on us early with 2 runs and sealed our fate with another run in a later inning and we never answered. Greenwood pitched a tremendous game! She did a really good job of keeping our hitters off balance. We got one runner to third and that was our only threat. You can't forget your bats like we did and expect to contend for state. Congratulations Wilson Central on a well deserved win. Good luck tonight and Friday.We are very proud of this Lady Cougar Team. We started off very hot at the beginning of the year in Gulf Shores and we thought this could be the year. As the season progressed we fell into a complacent

To be among the elite 8 (per classification) that make it to the "Dance", from the District Tournament forward you have to take care of all the fundamentals of Coaching, Pitching, Catching, Fielding, Throwing, Hitting and Running. Then, on top of all this, the sun and the moon have to line up just perfectly. A mere hiccup in any of these areas is the major reason why some of the best teams in the state don't advance to the "Dance". At this point, you have Coffee, Lincoln, Rossview and Ootewah to mention a few that are going to have to buy a ticket to the "Dance" and by Friday there will be 8 additional teams that probably deserve to go that will have to do the same. If you are ever fortunate enough to get there.....believe me.........YOU DESERVE IT!A very good Wilson Central team came into our house last night and TOOK away our opportunity to advance. They jumped on us early with 2 runs and sealed our fate with another run in a later inning and we never answered. Greenwood pitched a tremendous game! She did a really good job of keeping our hitters off balance. We got one runner to third and that was our only threat. You can't forget your bats like we did and expect to contend for state. Congratulations Wilson Central on a well deserved win. Good luck tonight and Friday.We are very proud of this Lady Cougar Team. We started off very hot at the beginning of the year in Gulf Shores and we thought this could be the year. As the season progressed we fell into a complacent

(Don't know what happened but I continue) As the season progressed, we lost our fire and fell into a period of complacency where we allowed some teams to hang around and beat us. But after we suffered our 10th loss we dug back in and showed just what we knew we were capable of all along. It is hard to coach 'HEART" but these girls brought the "HEART" the last half of the season. Yesterday, the "HEART" was still there but the intensity was gone???

I look forward to next year. We lose only ONE VALUABLE SENIOR so hopefully we will contend again.

To be among the elite 8 (per classification) that make it to the "Dance", from the District Tournament forward you have to take care of all the fundamentals of Coaching, Pitching, Catching, Fielding, Throwing, Hitting and Running. Then, on top of all this, the sun and the moon have to line up just perfectly. A mere hiccup in any of these areas is the major reason why some of the best teams in the state don't advance to the "Dance". At this point, you have Coffee, Lincoln, Rossview, Cherokee and Ootewah to mention a few that are going to have to buy a ticket to the "Dance" and by Friday there will be 8 additional teams that probably deserve to go that will have to do the same. If you are ever fortunate enough to get there.....believe me.........YOU DESERVE IT!A very good Wilson Central team came into our house last night and TOOK away our opportunity to advance. They jumped on us early with 2 runs and sealed our fate with another run in a later inning and we never answered. Greenwood pitched a tremendous game! She did a really good job of keeping our hitters off balance. We got one runner to third and that was our only threat. You can't forget your bats like we did and expect to contend for state. Congratulations Wilson Central on a well deserved win. Good luck tonight and Friday.We are very proud of this Lady Cougar Team. We started off very hot at the beginning of the year in Gulf Shores and we thought this could be the year. As the season progressed we fell into a complacent

(Don't know what happened but I continue) As the season progressed, we lost our fire and fell into a period of complacency where we allowed some teams to hang around and beat us. But after we suffered our 10th loss we dug back in and showed just what we knew we were capable of all along. It is hard to coach 'HEART" but these girls brought the "HEART" the last half of the season. Yesterday, the "HEART" was still there but the intensity was gone???

I look forward to next year. We lose only ONE VALUABLE SENIOR so hopefully we will contend again.

Congrats on a great season, DAWG, ya'll will be tough again next yr.....Yes, several well knowns not dancin this yr, but thats the way it works every few yrs......Big dogs kicked off the porch by the "young & hungry pups"....even if it ends up being for a quick sniff......

You right, things have to "line up" along the way to get this far.....we really feel humble and happy being here, not gonna brag much about it, cause it can be wiped out in about 2 hrs.......

Talkin about "fire", with a little past coachin time to teach me to reconize that in a player/team, I noticed at the game yesterday as your girls came out of the dugout (about bottom 4th), that the "looks" on their face were gone....Replaced by a face of failing to get it done.....but that comes in games sooner or later.....I noticed it in us against Beech this yr.....

But anyway, again, great season....thanks for kind words.....

dubc