Smith Co. and Anderson Co.

OWLSRULE

I think those are some big bodies, but they have got to be able to move!!!!! Can they do that???? I hope they get some guys up front that can block or #7 & #13 are going to have a long year.

What would be yalls starting line ups on O&D? Whats wrong with the secondary??????????

They move well enough to play their gap, pursue the ball and play cut back lanes. They aren't gonna run a TB down on a sweep, no. They are bigger and stronger than in the past and can play more solid on the line of scrimmage and get a decent inside push on passing downs.

Blocking is a major issue right now. It goes from the interior all the way out to the WRs.

The secondary, simply put, just plays soft and passive.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

They move well enough to play their gap, pursue the ball and play cut back lanes. They aren't gonna run a TB down on a sweep, no. They are bigger and stronger than in the past and can play more solid on the line of scrimmage and get a decent inside push on passing downs.

Blocking is a major issue right now. It goes from the interior all the way out to the WRs.

The secondary, simply put, just plays soft and passive.

I think he was talking about being able to move on the O-Line. I don't think it has anything to do with physical abilities with some kids. I think with a lot of the kids it's mental, playing scared. I don't mean scared of getting hit or hurt. I mean scared like afraid of making a mistake, and being unsure of what to do. Once the light goes on they can play and play well. Look at 51 at LB last year. You could tell when he "got it" amd the light came on.

DBs??? Well, a couple will make a play... the rest have got to get a lot tougher, and come up and pop somebody. Make a play. Arm tackling , grabbing for shoelaces, and jumping on a pile ain't going to get it. I don't want to call out any numbers.................yet, but these guys have experience. It's not like they haven't touched the field before.

Defense for SC should be fine according to the scrimmage. Like most of you said MLB made some good plays and Webb impressed me to be so young. Still like coach said need to get a little tougher. #8 and #77 played every down and played solid on the DL. Unsung heroes to me. On O 13 showed some promise but a little thin in that position. QB position is in real good hands. #4 could step in somewhere else and make a difference. Over-all a good scrimmage. AC had some big kids on D and threw the ball pretty well. But they might struggle against the class they will be in.

The summer lifting program will add even more strength and then when fall practice arrives they'll have even more time to evaluate players that are expected to contribute this season. Spring practice can often times be very misleading....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's a shame that TL and AC couldn't work out.

Guest Termite

It's my understanding that it is not too serious.

I heard last night that it WAS serious..........I don't know.......just concerned for Lucas.